• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A button to move all buildings in edit mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111576

Hi.
What do you think instead of moving the buildings one by one, we could move all of them to the right hand side bar when we’re in edit mode, with a push of a button. This is useful when you want to reshape your city and it’s very annoying doing it one by one.

Obviously you can still do it one by one.

Also I think this magic button should only move buildings and leave roads in place. Or perhaps an option to include roads as well?

Also I have an issue when my editing takes too long, I get error saying my session expired and then it reverts back all charges I made... I know it may not related to this zone but I thought to mention it to see if this is a bug or it’s the way the game is designed, for the latter can we make the session to last longer or never expire?

Galladhorn

Monarch
A such there is no Timer set for the Reconstruction Mode – You might want to check you browser, clean it for Cookies, Cache etc. - Also check the HMTL5/Flash Setttings etc. I remember having a few experiences like that shortly after Reconstruction Mode was released.
Depending on your system – but I can recommend the FireFox browser for FoE. The first several years of playing I was swithcing between Chrome and Firefox – But FireFox have been ultra steady for the last 3 years with FoE.

Removing buildings one by one – in fact you can just run the cursor over as many buildings as you want and they will nearly magically dissapear into the Reconstrcution "Box".

I do not really see how all the buildings of eg. a large city will fit into the right handside of the Window?. Do you imagine a long scroll down box – because that would be a quite annoying thing - It is already limited when showing what boost and bonuses that are currently active.

I am not against right side orientated menu´s but FoE has had its desktop menu in the lower left since the very beginning, so it is quite natural that the Reconstruction Box is placed where it is.

Once you found a good layout for your city chances are that you will only re arrange sections of your city – though it does not mean you cant or should not try a full re-layout. And If it is for smaller city then that should not take that much time or effort to do with the current options.

Personally there would be other features I would rather see in the Reconstruction mode, than a magic one button removes all.

Last edited:

DeletedUser113901

Imagine yourself having just finished redoing your city... Then you click just next to where you should have (your dog has come to ask for a hug and pushes your arm with his/her head to get your attention). Congratulations, you have temporarily stored 283 buildings wich you have to put back one by one...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108359

A such there is no Timer set for the Reconstruction Mode – You might want to check you browser, clean it for Cookies, Cache etc. - Also check the HMTL5/Flash Setttings etc. I remember having a few experiences like that shortly after Reconstruction Mode was released.
Depending on your system – but I can recommend the FireFox browser for FoE. The first several years of playing I was swithcing between Chrome and Firefox – But FireFox have been ultra steady for the last 3 years with FoE.

Agreed, i found the same thing happening with mine when it 1st started but havent had that issue for ages.
iv been on firefox for years and havent had any serious issues with the game because of it.

Emberguard

Legend
That should more or less solve the request apart from the right side idea.
I think "right side" is referring to mobile.
Reconstruction_mobile_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.