• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: A better way to identify the terrain types in battles

Do you support the idea?

• Yes

Votes: 44 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

DeletedUser111576

Proposal: This suggestion is only for iPad and Android versions. Provide a button in battles to highlight the terrain types such as 'bush', 'rocks' etc.

Have you checked for similar ideas?: Yes I checked and couldn't find any similar idea.

Reason: When playing online in browser if you hoover your mouse pointer, there is a pop-up window that tells you what type of terrain that block is. This is important because some units can go invisible or they may have defense or attack bonus in different terrain. However this option isn't available when playing with Android or iPad apps. Especially when it is your turn to move your units, in these apps, the area that the unit can move is red-highlighted which makes it even harder to identify what type of terrain it is.

One mistake and you move your unit to a block where you "think" is bush (for example the eels) and you're going to loose that unit because you were wrong. This happens a lot as I play with my mobile with small screen and normally the block is covered with high rise trees, which makes it hard because you don't know it's the leaves of the tree or a bush behind it.

This is also the case for hoover tanks. You move them thinking it's plain but there are apparently little bumps in that terrain making the tank exposed (not stealth mode)

Details: Perhaps we can display a small character like 'B' for Bush, 'W' for water, 'R' for rocks etc. whenever we press the "terrain type" button. Or this perhaps can be shown with different colours - provided there is a legend to show what each colour means. Or maybe this can be automatic when it's the turn for a unit of yours to move and limited to the area of movement only.

Balance: N/A

Visual Aids: None

Vesiger

Monarch
There was supposed to be some kind of 'press and hold to identify applicable bonuses on this square' feature included in a recently-announced update, but I haven't noticed it happening.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Just when you thought it was safe in the coral :)
The behemoth hides in the hills apparently, have you seen a hill on the mobile app? 2 slightly shaded lines which are blended into the snow

DeletedUser6065

I can fully support this idea. Too many times (way way too many) have I tried to put my Rangers/Jags into trees, only to find that I have left them with their.you know what's just waiting to be shot off.
. . . mk

DeletedUser111576

When and who will decide to forward this to the developers of the game? I think we have enough vote :)

I'm on PC, and when I manual battle it's so annoying to hover over every single hexagon to find what type of terrain it is.
Necroing an old idea that has already been forwarded? :D
Well, maybe it's time to forward it again now that a year has passed and nothing has been done about it.

I rarely (almost never) play on app because there's so many things I hate about it. Manual battles with the lack of terrain info is one of those things.
Voted yes, one year delayed :)

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Corporal
Have voted yes. Guessing like, this will be the highest voted yes idea (or at least myself seeing for first time this much vote for yes).

Also, interested to know about the reason for those two votes under "No". It will be much better if they explain in detail.

Knight of ICE

Have voted yes. Guessing like, this will be the highest voted yes idea (or at least myself seeing for first time this much vote for yes).

Also, interested to know about the reason for those two votes under "No". It will be much better if they explain in detail.

THIS IDEA HAS BEEN FORWARDED A YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!

Your yes vote, or the reason some voted no is not relevant at all!!!

nice2haveu

Corporal
Every forwarded idea, mods are manually blocking the replies section came to know by this only. I thought like when mods forward any idea, automatically threads will get blocked. No automation concept on it. Got Clear.