• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: A Better Battleground Finish

• Thread starter DeletedUser116592
  • Start date

Do you support this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

DeletedUser116592

Proposal: When a Battleground season ends players could be offered a wealth of useful information, rather than just the three nondescript flags.
  • As a minimum it would be nice to have a summary of what I earned in total.
  • Ideally it would be possible to return to the map. To see how the season finished but also to view maps, like one showing many times each sector changed hands.

Reason: When the 10 day Battleground odyssey is finished the end is an anti-climax. The map disappears and all you get are three lousy flags with minimal information and a timer for the next one. This is a poor ending, especially considering the time and effort many guild mates plough into strategising, fighting and negotiating GBG. An ending that is more engaging would be a spur for players to carry on in the next season.

Details: At the end of a Battleground season:

• The three flag display could include details of how many FP, fragments, diamonds etc. the player won in total. Summary information like how many fights and negotiations the guild did in total would be interesting too.
  • Players should be allowed to return to the map. This time round we had an opponent who often fought strongly at 3am so I would like to be able to see how far they progressed in the night (cos I'm not getting up at 8am after fighting way past midnight). That's the basic option. Better still would be to give players controls so they could view the map in a variety of ways - for example:

> A heat map, colouring sectors according to how often they changed hands or how many advances were made there, revealing the sectors that were most contested (overall and allowing for selection of specific guilds).
> For the participating guilds, colouring the sectors according to how long they were held by any given guild. These would look very different for a guild that rampaged all over the map, versus one that stuck to holding its most immediate neighbours.
> A video playback of the whole battle (suggestion added from @NightTime comment below)
> Other options are no doubt possible and could be suggested below.

Aside from providing some entertainment in the 3 days til the next season, maps would also help guilds to think about how they want to play it next time.

Balance: The changes are an addition that expand on existing features - nothing is lost or made redundant in the process.
Abuse Prevention: I see no options for abuse in this.

In conclusion, the current end to a Batleground season is an anti-climax and a poor payback for committed players. The ideas above address this problem by offering players a wealth of engaging information to look at before the next Battleground begins.

Last edited by a moderator:
A link to their database would be better & then we could query the data in a way that suites us. I'll hold my breath for that one - one second, two, three - bummer I breathed - LOL. If I had the access I would develop the needed interface and provide a web based front-end - it would be cool!

DeletedUser115705

I like the idea a lot. It would be great tool for players and guilds alike to analyze previous battles and work on strategies for upcoming seasons.

DeletedUser103858

I agree mostly with what your proposing richc, one thing thats undeniable is that after 11 days of hard fighting and stratergiesing it would be nice to have something more interesting at the end, a replayable video on fast forward tracking all the sector changes against time and day of the entire season would be great if its possible, like you say none of the participants see every change on the map, so for large parts of any season we miss the changes.
A few more stats wouldn't go a miss for sure and a tally of rewards would also perhaps encourage more (less involved players) to get more involved into the BG side of the game.

so yeah certainly gets my vote

I'm taking that as a vote of support @TheKingOfKool even though you want to DIY rather than have Inno do it :) Right?

You can - I would like to see more detail and a downloadable log so that we could compile the data ourselves - My guess is though - It's unlikely any of us will get a detailed analysis of the data. A downloadable log would be far more doable for inno than expecting Charts & such. A simple save button in the GbG log window would suffice - It's just a log of text anyway - and all the styling & icons would not be needed.

DeletedUser112221

I also like the idea. Anything to give some more than the current anti-climax. Many other games I have played at the very minimum allow the end position to be accessed and pored over. However, if the suggestion were fully implemented, that would be even better.

DeletedUser116592

Well said @shad23 though I think you may just be feeding the troll.

Any thoughts, for or against the idea?

Agent327

Overlord
feedback is feedback this is an idea 2 diferent things Agent feedback is about what already exists idea not implemented yet can you see diference ?

The feedback thread is a thread used for new features. You can tell what you like about the new feauture, what you do not like about the new feature and how you think it can be approved. Feedback given gets gathered and is send to the developers always.

The ideas section is a progress that takes time and ideas need a majority player support. If it does not get a majority support it will never reach the developers.

Can you see difference, or do you just don't get it?

Last edited:

Galladhorn

Monarch
Score collections, Action summaires and the player individual wins vs uses of goods, Troops would be good and possible numbers to display.
Video summary (great) but I assume that is something we will see the day the FoE changes to a new system platform alltogther if ever.
Not that one thing leaves out another, but I´d like to see and updated battle log, and Guild Flags for a start, not to meantion (and off topic) a revised Thread system helping guild leaders and groups with better communication within the game,

Agent327

Overlord
????
idea section is there for ideas
feedback is there for feedback on existing things
his proposal is an idea yea he could have discussed it in feedback but then his idea would have been buryed under a ton of other comments and would have resulted in no-one talking about it here it has the possibility of being talked about

Okay, I understand you do not get it.

For one, GBG is an existing thing. Second, mods go through the feedback, gather what actually is feedback and forward that to the devs. Nothing gets buried. They make sure of that.

DeletedUser116592

@Galladhorn there's a thread requesting battle logs in the Unformatted Ideas section which you might want to lend your support to. And whilst I'm also cynical about whether the video summary could ever happen it is indeed a fine idea!

Meantime the battle rages over the vital issue of whether I should have posted this in the feedback section. Though last time I looked it would have got buried under a discussion on the finer points of how the MMR is calculated.

Agent327

Overlord
Meantime the battle rages over the vital issue of whether I should have posted this in the feedback section. Though last time I looked it would have got buried under a discussion on the finer points of how the MMR is calculated.

Once again, nothing gets buried, or do you think mods do not do their job?

Shad23

Emperor
ideas need a majority player support
to get majority idea needs to be talked about
Once again, nothing gets buried, or do you think mods do not do their job?
how can idea get talked about by players if idea gets buryed under a ton of coments mods may send feedback to devs but players won't talk of idea if it gets buryed they won't go back 20 pages to see if someone talked about it they mostly talk of what is on last page of feedback but if it gets placed as an idea players have a chance to talk about it

Last edited: