• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [50578] Game Broken?

DeletedUser15986

The redesigned "new tab" page in the latest Chrome is completely unsuitable for me, so I went back to an older version and disabled updates. It appears to have been a pre-emptive saviour given the new issues.

DeletedUser

The game is virtually unplayable at the moment due to the delays in server response. Please fix it soon. Please also consider extending the current event to ensure players don't lose out. Can't make any progress if you can't play the game.

I think this is a valid point for some of us

DeletedUser113010

I too am experiencing the above issues, most noticeably from friday14th onwards has made it really annoying to try and play everything I click either freezes game or there's no information there when there should be and now I have no animations even checked settings and all is active. Tried HTML5 aswell with flash disabled (plays a bit better) Play in 5 worlds and all are affected and are on the EN servers so think it's something to do with Inno.
I have raised a ticket. let's see what they come backwith.

DeletedUser99588

It's getting worse not better. This morning has been absolutely terrible. Login, make collections, logout and login again collections still there and weren't registered the first time. Had to do this a dozen or more times before it registered them on L world. It's taking several attempts to login to any of the worlds. Manual fighting is just a joke. Lost count how many refreshes it takes.

Bethra

Private
Same issues. EVen doing polivating is a nightmare, having to refresh every two or three aids. Trying to move stuff around in city to put down a building needed for a quest took me over 20 mins due to the game not moving it, refresh, try again, refresh try again etc etc, finally it moved it then froze and when I refreshed again it was all back to where it started.
This game is totally unplayable atm. Trying to do any quests is just an exercise in futility and frustration. Don't even talk to me about GE or GvG (Not unless you want me swearing in three languages at any rate.)

Where is the fix guys?

DeletedUser112712

Would it really be too difficult to give some indication that the problem is understood? The cause of the problem has been identified? What time frame will a solution be implemented?
The lack of information is frustrating. How can we have any confidence in this process

vikingraider

Emperor
I have the mentioned problems too. Could the problem also affect this forum? It is constantly not responding, failing to upload my posts. I have no such problems with the beta forum

DeletedUser110180

Been having same issues in past 24hrs...I have found that it’s much worse on PC, the iPad has come mighty close to flying lessons on more than one occasion today

DeletedUser17514

I happen to still have win 7 Ult on same drive. I've booted into Win 7 and been playing for the last couple of hours so far with no problem. I appreciate not of general use but if anyone has access to a machine with win 7 on they may care to try it

DeletedUser110327

I'm having issues with an iPad now. It could be something simple, like the new fragments. One thing I am sure of, is the Devs will figure it out. One thing that Inno isn't lacking is brains in the Devs department. There is a higher IQ among the Devs than in some countries. I'm happy to put up with an almost unplayable game for the time being, the game is worth it. Nothing in life works 100% efficiently 100% of the time, and the Devs deserve praise for how well this game runs overall.

DeletedUser4186

I've found a solution, I'm not going to play the game on PC any longer, I'm going to play on the iPad only. There don't appear to be any issues with the iPad. Perhaps GvG is acting like a sea anchor that is threatening to sink the ship. Cut the ropes!!
nice for Apple users. Unfortunately, android has the same problem

DeletedUser110327

Might be flash. There was a flash update about the time the problem started. PC users, right click in game screen, settings, untick the Enable Hardware Acceleration box. Seems to work here.

DeletedUser112712

It really appears as if the servers are just overloaded and therefore I would be very surprised if the performance was materially different on any platform.
Days of this, and still no update from the team.

I really don't believe it is in any way related to the client platform. I get the problem regularly on android which doesn't use flash. There are lots of random slowdowns but only at points in the game where there is a call to the server and the loczl client hangs while waiting for a response - hence quite obviously server overload.

DeletedUser110327

I guess the new event rewards such as the amazing ships and now these windmills are popular, and not surprisingly so.

Bethra

Private
well I sincerely hope it isn't anything as simple as that. Given that Inno in their wisdom have decided that more than a fortnight without yet another b***** event is the way to go we're all going to be constantly getting more and more irritated and frustrated and those who have serious problems playing it will simply stop. Thereby losing the company money.
In any case if its simply an overloaded server then it still needs to be fixed. Either they scale back on stuff calling on the server or they do something to increase the server capacity, the current situation can't reasonably be sustained.

DeletedUser112712

I don't think server performance issues are ever that simple. Sometimes very subtle problems such as the lack of an index on a database table can have a significant impact on the performance of the app as a whole. It can be difficult to diagnose and increasing server capacity is rarely a good solution.
That said it is very disappointing not to have any updates yet. We have no indication that the problem has been understood or prioritised. For all we know it could be a long time before any developer resource is even allocated to look at this problem- in the meantime no doubt there will be lots of advice about clearing caches and reinstalling apps