• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [50578] Game Broken?

Galladhorn

Monarch
For about a year ago and the years prior to that it was not uncommon for me to experience the same kind of problems. After trying this and that I realized that Browsers +Flash plug-in, updates and even System where among the most essential parts in the game being close to unplayable at times. Secondary and in combination having the Graphics Hardware Aceeleration option ticked on or off. Many times during this period I switched between using Chrome and Firefox, even a few times going back to Safari (On mac). The recent year has proven very stable on FireFox and I have had no experinces of the unplayable kind described so far.

Agent327

Overlord
i'd put my money on something at the server end is not working properly, there are many things it could be (don't know what their setup is)

if people in different countries with different ISPs etc.. all experience the same problem then the only common factor is Inno

I do not have any problems.

DeletedUser

Is the game broken, or has my account been sabotaged to try to make me go away? For a week now, I have to reload sometimes 3 or 4 times just to construct a building. The game freezes when I open GE, when I open someone else's city, when I go into GBs, when I do anything in fact. When I collect, and restart production, the game freezes, I log out and log in and the supplies buildings need collecting from again. It's getting worse and my game is fast becoming unplayable.

Unfortunately this is the curse of major events

DeletedUser

Don't you mean the curse of GvG? He has this problem for more than a week. Event started 4 days ago.

As you have no idea of when my issues started, please refrain from posting lies or conjecture

DeletedUser99588

Just because the event didn't start until a particular date doesn't mean the event update didn't occur before then and was just waiting to be activated. We do not know and can only speculate. It would be nice Agent if you could be a little more open minded and helpful in these threads. I appreciate you have an axe to grind and may well feel resentful for past experiences but it can come across a tad juvenile which I'm sure isn't your intention.

Agent327

Overlord
Just because the event didn't start until a particular date doesn't mean the event update didn't occur before then and was just waiting to be activated. We do not know and can only speculate. It would be nice Agent if you could be a little more open minded and helpful in these threads. I appreciate you have an axe to grind and may well feel resentful for past experiences but it can come across a tad juvenile which I'm sure isn't your intention.

If something is not activated can it have any influence?

DeletedUser99588

If something is not activated can it have any influence?

I really don't know in this particular case. I'm aware in the past that updates have had multiple elements which were activated at different times. So the answer is a maybe I guess. Just because the part of the update that allowed us to play the event wasn't activated until a set time doesn't mean there weren't elements activated before that time. All speculation and only the developers will know but always best to keep an open mind with these things.

Agent327

Overlord
I really don't know in this particular case. I'm aware in the past that updates have had multiple elements which were activated at different times. So the answer is a maybe I guess. Just because the part of the update that allowed us to play the event wasn't activated until a set time doesn't mean there weren't elements activated before that time. All speculation and only the developers will know but always best to keep an open mind with these things.

Care to explain those multiple part updates?

DeletedUser99588

Care to explain those multiple part updates?

Way before your time if you started playing in end of 2017. But it was during a previous event a few years back now. I couldn't tell you what the specifics were but it may have been the first Easter event with the eggs. Really not sure as I stopped playing for a few years and didn't keep a record of all this stuff.

DeletedUser

Ok folks, support have responded and acknowledge there are issues as reported across all servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112892

This thread has really gone too much off-topic. Can we return it to the right path?

DeletedUser17514

Just to confirm Mithranders post I too have had a reply back from support about the current issues mentioned at the start of this thread. They are aware of the issues it's being worked on by Dev team.....

DeletedUser7223

I play on 2 PCs , one in work & one at home .
Over the weekend I updated to the new browser (chrome) and the usual suspects , flash , java , GPU on home PC and the game is unplayable . After one or two actions in the city the game freezes , after a refresh it works but again for only a couple of city actions . GvG is a no go area for now .
In work PC , no updates or patches done & the game is tip top .
Hopefully with the new FoE patch this sorts out most of the bugs & problems people are having the last few days .
Not to mention the last few years .

Amy Steele

General
Ok folks, support have responded and acknowledge there are issues as reported across all servers.
Just to confirm Mithranders post I too have had a reply back from support about the current issues mentioned at the start of this thread. They are aware of the issues it's being worked on by Dev team.....
Thanks all. Our development team are indeed looking into this issue. As you can see, I have moved this thread to our bug report section. Apologies for the delay in doing so

DeletedUser112712

The game is virtually unplayable at the moment due to the delays in server response. Please fix it soon. Please also consider extending the current event to ensure players don't lose out. Can't make any progress if you can't play the game.