• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [50441] Changes to mobile collection

Vesiger

Monarch
There appears to have been a change to the collection point for buildings in the mobile app - it seems that one now has to tap the base of the building to collect instead of tapping the pop-up itself.
At any rate, over the last couple of days I've been finding myself constantly popping up windows for Great Buildings etc when I try to collect from small buildings behind them. For something like a Victory Tower it's actually pretty difficult to access the base of the building at all.
Dragging over buildings in order to collect from them generally just scrolls the map...

DeletedUser111866

Yep, seems so. But frankly I like this way more than hitting popups or base, even if it takes some effort to get used to the new scheme. I sometimes was hitting an unwanted popup when collecting (I collect for recurring quests, and hitting 3 of daily production instead of 2 sets me back one RQ this day), and that sometimes was frustrating me.

DeletedUser97166

There was a mention on another thread (the feedback for update thread I believe) where it was being checked if this intentional new feature.

DeletedUser104881

Thank you for the report. We are investigating. Could I please ask you to confirm which operating system and version you are using if you are experiencing the issue?

DeletedUser111879

I came to report the same thing, it's extremely annoying, I hate it. Especially for buildings with a very small footprint, particularly if they are nestled in among other buildings, such as victory towers, or certain parts of the Christmas, Elephant Fountain or Cherry Garden sets. Trying to find the right place to click when they are surrounded by other buildings is frustrating.

DeletedUser112745

I wasn't having the issue myself.

Except until I tried to collect from my itty bitty tiny 1x1 Memorial Chhatri, part of the Elephant Fountain set, which is right at the back of the set, behind the rest of it (needed to ensure other set pieces give me FPs). Normally would have no issue collecting the entire set with a single swipe on iPad.

No amount of swipes, taps, pokes, iPad shakes, growls, swearing or threats to throw the device at the wall would collect the bloody thing. Eventually, I did manage to collect it though, not sure how...

Glad this has been forwarded Thank you @Dudettas.

DeletedUser111866

Following this: for some reason moving a building by dragging when some buildings have a no road popup does get triggered on them, and the building being dragged jumps over the building which popup got touched while dragging. There should be stuff in common with those popups.

@Skott Ravenfyre most likely you have hit the base of it finally. A workaround is to zoom in then aim at the grid instead of anything visible.

Vesiger

Monarch
One of my guildmates has unintentionally dumped 34FP into his own Great Building by frenzied tapping while trying in vain to collect - I've come within a whisker of confirming diamond spends in a similar situation. This is actually causing considerable problems.

(Collecting from tall buildings with a small footprint is tricky too, since the pop-up is often nowhere near the base of the building and appears to belong to some structure across the street! )