• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [45056] Letters dropping off ends of lines in mobile messages

Vesiger

Monarch
We seem to have a new line-wrapping bug in the mobile app as of this morning (v1.112.1): messages that are more than one line long are dropping letters at the ends of lines, e.g.
Worse with medals, because if you're spending them on expansions
en the number you need goes up exponentially. At least the amount
happiness you need is directly related to your population in any era

Looks like three characters missing on each line.

With some messsages, lines get truncated but with other messages it looks like word-wrap has been turned off and words are cut and continued on the next line.
9C110D9F-CE58-44EF-AAFB-BCDC2114830C.jpeg

This is making some messages unreadable, or worse, a vital word is missed off (so “do not build any random goods building” suddenly turns into advice to newbies to go stupid!).

App: 1.112.1 ?
iOS recently updated to 11.0.3 but I don’t think that quite coincided with this bug.
iPad Pro

Access my account if it will help but please sort this out soon!

Vesiger

Monarch
Yes, we recently had a 'will not' that got turned into a 'will', thus totally reversing the intended warning! :mad:

DeletedUser111866

I have checked US forums also, the bug is reported there and had received a "we are working on it" reply from someone in the staff. Weird that this topic didn't receive the same message tho.

I have checked US forums also, the bug is reported there and had received a "we are working on it" reply from someone in the staff. Weird that this topic didn't receive the same message tho.
Thanks for the update from the US. If you look at the forum listing here, nobody has bothered about any bug reports here all month. I’ve stopped wasting my time filling out reports, since bugs seem to be increasing and attention to them decreasing.

Last edited:
Now on version 1.113.0 and still not fixed!!

This is a debilitatiing bug that is harming the game. Given that an update introduced it, surely it can’t be so hard to fix that it couldn’t be done by now.

Can we please press to have this bug fixed as an urgent priority.

DeletedUser108047

comparing the message on app and pc - the app shows the bug but the pc version seems the original text.