• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: [43730] Maharaja's palace reward timer resets back to 24hr

scibuff

Sergeant
  • World: Jaims
  • Browser and Version: 1.107.e53f92ae29 (09.08.2017 9:22), scibuff (6869907), en9, en_US, WIN 26,0,0,151, Windows 10, Chrome/59.0.3071.115, 2133x1056, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)
  • Overview of the bug: The reward timer on the Maharaj's palace resets back to 24 hours if the palace is disconnected from the Town Hall (i.e. no road) even for a second (e.g. when you move the Town Hall), or if one of the set items is moved and then returned
  • Screenshots: n/a
  • How often this occurs: Every time
  • Urgency: Minor
  • Preventative Actions: N/A
  • Summary:
    • I accidentally removed a road from one tile which disconnected all my Maharaja's palaces (from the Town Hall). I rebuild the road right away but the reward timers on all palaces were reset back to 24 hours.
    • The timers are also reset if one piece from the set connected to the palace is moved away and then back (one can change individual pieces in the set and as long as the number of set items connected to the palace does not change, the timer doesn't reset - but this is not possible on the mobile app).
    • The correct/expected functionality is to have the timer stopped/paused until the palace is reconnected but then resume counting down to 0 instead of resetting back to 24 hours.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes (searched bug forums for "maharaja" and "palace" without any results)
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: Yes

Amy Steele

General
Hi scibuff, thanks for your report!

To clarify, the Maharaja's Palace set, like all other sets, should behave in this way:

When a building of the set which is connected to other buildings in the set is moved, the timer should reset to 24 hours for that building and all other set buildings which were connected to the moved building.

The timer should not reset when:
  • you move any building of the same set type which was not connected to others of the same type
  • you move a street connection connecting a set building to your Town Hall
  • you move your Town Hall
These circumstances where the timer is resetting when it should not have been forwarded to our development team for fixing

scibuff

Sergeant
Hi. Thank you for the clarification on the sets. That is not ideal when one needs to reorganize his/her city, but it helps knowing that that's the way it works (I can certainly wait to collect and only then to start moving things around).

However, moving the Town Hall seems to cause every single building in my city being disconnected for a brief moment. And that resets the Maharaja Palace rewards timer (just as well as briefly removing the road connecting the palace to the town hall), which if I understand your message correctly, it not the intended functionality.

Once again, thank you for the reply and for forwarding the problem to the dev team.

DeletedUser110411

I also have the same problem with my Maharaja Palace ... this morning I re routed some roads on the other side of the city to the Palace and the timer reset.... This means no collection of goods and FP's today and a similar thing happened yesterday which I thought was just a bug.

World - Ohdravar
1.107.e53f92ae29 (09.08.2017 9:22), Dabtec (4111007), en14, en_US, WIN 26,0,0,151, Windows 10, Chrome/60.0.3112.90, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

Same reset thing here. I moved my Town Hall and as a result the Maharajah set, Zen Garden set and King/Queen/Garden Ruins set all reset to 24 hours.

Last edited:

DeletedUser98451

Slight variation on the theme ... yesterday i placed 3 new pieces of the elephant set, they're close to but not touching the 2 full sets i already had in place, even though there is a road between the old and the new the full sets timers have both switched to that of the new 3 pieces ... i will have to forgo the rewards from these at collection in order to bring them back into line

Edit .. I can now confirm that building or moving any elephant set component including those totally disconnected from any other component resets the timer for every component

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
Hey butterfly567 :) please post this as a suggestion in our Ideas section! You may find that another player has already posted such an idea, in which case, please do add your support to their suggestion instead