• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: [43519] Forge Point timer resets on collection, or any other excuse

• World:
Arvahall and Jaims. Also on beta/Dunarsund.
  • Browser and Version:
App. 1.106
  • Overview of the bug:
Note the timer on Forge Point collection.
Now do one of the following:
◇ Collect supplies
◇ Collect coins
◇ Collect a unit
◇ Log out and log back in
◇ Collect Forge Points
◇ Collect Tavern Silver
◇ Aid a friend
◇ Visit a friend's Tavern

None of these should cause the Forge Point timer to reset. They all do.

Changing screens (to map, GE, techs) does not trigger a reset.
  • Screenshots:
n/a
  • How often this occurs:
All the time.
  • Urgency:
Very urgent. Game is playable but player is clearly disadvantaged. and gets more fps by not playing!
  • Preventative Actions:
Nothing
  • Summary:
Player is losing Forge Points just by the act of playing the game.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
I thought I remember seeing this bug reported before but can't find it on here or on the beta forum. Since it is very urgent, I didn't want to delay further.
Most, including restarting the app, yes.

Been editing to add triggering conditions.​

Last edited:

DeletedUser108958

I am also seeing these exact symptoms. Need a fix really fast. I can't log into the game otherwise I'm not gaining fps!
Hurry up FOE

Amy Steele

General
Thanks folks! We're aware of this issue, which is affecting both Android and iOS versions and are already working on a repair, unfortunately at this time there is no known workaround. Browser version is not affected, so if possible for you please play on browser for now. Apologies for the inconvenience. We do hope to have this one fixed as soon as possible.

Amy Steele

General
Just to keep you updated on this issue, our development team has found the cause and fixed the issue our end. A fix is being pushed to the app stores, however, it's up to the stores when they release, so please keep checking for updates.

Just to keep you updated on this issue, our development team has found the cause and fixed the issue our end. A fix is being pushed to the app stores, however, it's up to the stores when they release, so please keep checking for updates.
Thank you, Amy.

Not wanting to appear dense but isn't software supposed to go through beta first?

Amy Steele

General
Indeed the game is tested first on beta. However, due to diffferences between browser and app versions in the way new assets or new content are released, there are times when we are unable to test some content on the app before that version is released. That unfortunately seems to be what has happened in this case.

Amy Steele

General
Version 1.106.1, with the fix should now be available from google play store. Other stores may vary in when they release the new version, so please do keep checking for those.

DeletedUser111109

we are having the same issue at MOUNT KILLMORE , my guildmate and i had the same problem , when ever we use IPADs this happens,
Also ,
if i logoff and and login The Timer starts from the beginning , too.

P.S i demand the FPs that lost has to be reinstalled.

Version 1.106.1, with the fix should now be available from google play store. Other stores may vary in when they release the new version, so please do keep checking for those.
I have just checked the appstore. Apple still only have version 1.106.0

When anyone notices they are publishing .1 would they be kind enough to post here.

DeletedUser4727

I'll try to post here as soon as I hear news it has been released, thanks so much for your patience, as well as swift action reporting this so we could bring the issue to the developer's attention. This has meant we should have a fixed version for all as soon as Apple approve the update.

I see in the appstore that the version is 1.106.1

However, the app did not auto-update.

Nor was there an update ability through iPad's Settings (the normal control point for updates).

Going to beta (which is alfeady on 1.107 anyway!) did not cause an update. Going back to en1 from beta did not cause an update.

So, there is an updated version .. but no way to update.

I have deleted my Forge of Empires app and am now downloading the latest version (hopefully I can remember my password). This is not the way to fix an urgent issue!

Edit: Thankfully, I remembered the password and was able to sign in. Now it has to download nearly half a gigabyte of data! It's just as well my iPad is connected through my home network or this would be costing me on my data allowance.

Last edited:
It has taken until now to download. It seems that the background download capability is not being used, so after two aborts, I had to keep the download screen open - and not allow my iPad to power-save.

I have quickly logged in to en1 and to beta. Both seem clear of this bug.

A message of apology, along with a gift of at least a medium forge point package to mobile users affected by this (those that logged in using mobile since the bug was distributed) seems entirely reasonable and would no doubt go a long way towards assuring players/customers that their gaming experience matters to Inno.

DeletedUser4727

Thanks Prinza, I had a late morning so missed it. Sorry to see you had issues downloading it, I'll keep my eye out for similar reports. We've not had similar ones so far, and have had a few confirmations of it installing without issues on other's devices.

In terms of compensation, I'm simply not going to speculate or commit to this, I'm afraid. I don't know the feasibility of measuring who was impacted by the issue, so I don't want to be committing to something I have very little control over.