• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: [40787] Tavern overview doesn't update without refresh

DeletedUser110195

You mean you wouldn't do both? Steal and then attack, and then steal again? ;)

DeletedUser110434

Well certainly, but if the option to plunder is not there, even when it should be, all you can do is attack again.

We have not been successful to reproduce this one. If anyone still experience this, then please let us know.
This is an incredibly annoying bug. Even just after logging into a world, the number can be wrong against the tavern when it is brought up. The only resolution is to keep pulling up the tavern, wasting player time and server calls. So many people have "Tavern Full", that I wonder if it is because they still trust the number on screen and don't realise they need to pull up the tavern to check.

I can't offer any recreation steps; it just seems to happen randomly, without any logic that I can determine. To reproduce the bug, you might get lucky and see it on signing in, or you might have to play for several hours. If i could upload graphics, I could probably upload at least one sample a day.

As an interim measure, it would be better to remove the number from the city screen altogether, as bad information is worse than no information.

...If nothing decent is awaiting collection during my visits then I just take the best on offer just before the 24 hour period expires,..
Out of curiosity, how do you know when that time is? I don't see how it is fair to rely on your seperate notes to say when the software should do something.

DeletedUser110195

As I play on the browser version, I don't know what mobile players see, but for us browser people, there's a timer under other players, friends, guildies and neighbors that show when we can next attack or aid. From personal experience I find that action resets when the timer is under 1 minute.

Vesiger

Monarch
I just saw this for the first time - I got a 'Collect your tavern silver' alert from the app, but when I opened FoE the tavern was showing 15/16. All the seats were, however, full.

I went several days without seeing any discrepancy. Today I have seen two. I think they were after today's update. On one, just after logging in to a world, the tavern on the city screen said 0 but there was one sitting; in the other instance on another world that inhad been logged in to for some time, it said 7 but there were 8.

DeletedUser104881

These threads have been merged as they display the same properties but in different scenarios. We have not so far been able to reproduce this issue, so if anyone has consistent reproduction steps please let us know.

DeletedUser107476

I have not seen any discrepancies on tavern sits for a few days now.

I noticed that a timer did not keep updated properly yesterday.
If this occurs again, can you try zooming in and out and let us know if this updates the timer please.

If this occurs again, can you try zooming in and out and let us know if this updates the timer please.
Sorry for the delay in response, I don't use tavern boosts much and keep forgetting to test, rather than play!

EDIT: To save time, you might want to just skip to the highlight on this later post. The intervening posts hold a few nuggets that might be interesting but that post gives the actual reproduction steps.

Within an hour ago on the beta server, I initiated a small attacked boost, 15 mins. Played some PVP fights; remembered to check the timer. It was - and still is - stuck on 00:12:11

• Zooming the screen in an out made no difference.
  • Switching to a different app and back made no different.
  • Going into the tavern shop made no difference .. hang on the boost seems to have ended (quite likely correct). Still, I have a tavern timer set at 00:12:11
  • Back into the Tavern Shop, I set up a 4-hour supply boost. The timer on the city screen still says 00:12:11 even though, when I re-enter the shop, it displays the correct countdown for the supply boost.
  • I am, of course leaving the game app running while switching over to this forum. People are sitting in my tavern and the tavern sits are updating (so the problems are NOT the same, despite them being merged in this thread) but the timer resolutely insists 00:12:11.
  • Only one things works: log out, log back in and the timer now says 03:34:<something> and counting down, as it should.

If you think it matters and would help, I could upload a bunch of screenshots illustrating all the above. It takes time to upload.

Last edited:
I have just noticed that a 1-day defence boost I set up on Arvahall is reporting at the city that it has 00:23:25

The tavern shop shows no boosts.

I repeated the various steps as in the previous post, setting a other 1-day defence, but the time still insists on 00:23:25.

Once again, I have been doing some PvP fighting (as well as collecting from all kinds of buildings before, during and after combat). Maybe the PvP is the way to reproduce.

I think I have some spare Tavern Silver on my beta account, I will do more testing there, as I collect enough silver to test with, and build the troops needed.

Feel free to access my beta account to test, confirm, whatever.

It looks like PvP somewhere is the trigger.

So, to reproduce:
  1. Set a boost in the Tavern Shop. It doesn't seem to matter which one.
  2. Select a neighbour and Attack them.
  3. Win (this might not be necessary but follows my steps; immediate surrender does not trigger the issue).
  4. Plunder (this might not be necessary but follows my steps).
  5. Return to city and watch tavern timer, waiting for to change...and wait...and wait...:)
Fighting in the GE does not trigger the issue.

Last edited:
OK, I have narrowed it down further and got much closer to the cause. It is very easy to reproduce when you know how! After much playing around (on Beta/Dunarsand) and deliberate loss of troops, I have found:
  • Surrendering at any stage does not trigger the problem.
  • Winning but not plundering even though I could, does trigger the problem.
  • Winning but not being able to plunder anything does not trigger the problem.
  • Winning but not plundering even though I could, exiting to log out/log in (to set the timer off again) and entering the defeated town again does trigger the problem.
So, the logical thought was .. what if I don't even attack?

Hey Presto!

Entering a neighbourhood town (is one thing that) triggers the problem! I assume that the town must have completed some production (or t least, be able to be plundered if defeated, so have completed supplies/coins) but that is far harder for me to test without specific knowledge of the target town, to know if any production is completed. (If you want to relax the rules and let me have multiple towns on the beta server, I could test the issue, in time). In the meantime I assume that a town without anything to plunder, or possibly without any kind of production completed, will not cause the tavern timer to stop.

That, I reckon, should be enough for a programmer to debug the problem. (Having got the 'bit between my teeth' I am tempted to say "send me the code"!)

I have just noticed that the timer is currently frozen in my game. Nothing new there, though it is annoying that it won't clear even after I go to the shop to confirm that the time has expired.

What is new, is that I think all I did was play at GE. I don't think I went into a town at all.

On the other issue, merged with this thread, of the tavern sits not updating, I have not seen a discrepancy for some time. I think that issue is resolved, leaving the issue of the tavern timer freezing.

The other day, I was negotiating my way through GE with a 15-minute tavern time on Extra Turn.

At the beginning of every negotiation, I check to make sure that I still have 4 tries. However, on one occassion, I ran out of tries after the third try! Support have confirmed that my timer actually ran out one minute before the start of that negotiation.

I am sure I checked at the beginning and have always assumed that if I start with 4, I would be given 4 tries even if the timer then ran out.

I am mentioning this problem on this thread because it is quite possible that it is connected with the same bug that leads the timer to freeze: if the initial check is made on the data used to display remaining time but there are subsequent checks that look to see if a time remains.