• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [39415] Looping of sound effect of Rogue unit motion

DeletedUser110131

World: Korch

Browser: Firefox 50.1.0

Overview: When I move the Rogue unit in battle, the movement sound goes into a loop. The loop may last until another Rogue moves, throughout the entire battle, or even continue after the battle is over, requiring a reload (refresh page). The problem doesn't seem to affect other units.

Frequency: Perhaps 2 out of 3 battles involving rogues, sometimes several times during one battle. The permanent loop is less common; I've experienced it twice.

Urgency: Technically, it's neither game-changing nor game-breaking. However, reluctance to use the Rogue unit is indirectly game-changing. It's also an incredibly annoying sound. (If the monotone "vuzh" sound isn't the correct effect, then that's a part of the bug.)

Preventative actions: Enduring, hoping it will pass. Turning off the sound. Reloading the game, then returning to combat. Not using the Rogue.

Quicksearch: Of course I have searched. Even the very wide and to-the-point search "rogue" didn't turn up anything relevant.

Listed fixes attempted:
- Refresh works.
- No scripts are running, nor remotely relevant add-ons.
- Log out / log in involves reload, so will work.
- If other browsers have or don't have the issue is other peoples problem; I'm not switching. Besides which, I'm using the latest version of Firefox.
- I assume that not all computers have the problem, but I'm sticking with mine; between a new computer and a new game, I'll pick a new game.
- The same goes for my fiberoptic connection; I'm sticking with it.

Hardware Acceleration: Yes, it has been on. I'll turn it off in the next combat with Rogue units, and report any changes.

Please help us to help you: Nope. This is all me helping you. Bug reporting isn't a service you are providing customers, it's a service customers are providing you. However, you're welcome! I'm happy to help you help yourselves to a more profitable product.

- - -

P.S.:
I should have noted that this bug may be old; I'm new to the game, and discovered it the first time I used a rogue.

Addendum:
  • Turning hardware acceleration off has no effect.
  • Moving a rogue with secret identity can also create a loop, then with the sound of that unit type.
  • The frequency is higher than 2/3, in fact very close to 100%. The frequency of the permanent loop is also much higher than initially reported.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107573

Thank you for taking the time to test and report this to us. The issue with the looping sounds for rogues and other units in battle, has been reported and forwarded to the development team to be repaired.