• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [26587]Paratroopers targeted when under cover

Vesiger

Monarch
  • World: Noarsil
  • Browser and Version: Mobile app on Android, v1.98.2
  • Overview of the bug: Enemy troops target and kill the player's paratrooper units from a distance when the latter are hiding in the forest and ought to be invulnerable. I contacted in-game support when I was first certain that it wasn't just my mistake, and they suggested that it was already a known bug - still no fix in sight, and I'm getting a bit tired of having my battles sabotaged by a software bug...
  • Screenshots: None
  • How often this occurs: Periodically but not every combat. I think it usually happens on the enemy's first move.
  • Urgency: It unbalances combat unfairly - I keep losing a unit at the start of a battle.
  • Preventative Actions: Quit and restarted game. Shut down and restarted device.
  • Summary: Enemy can target paratroopers under cover.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: Yes

Amy Steele

General
Hi Vesiger! Thanks for your report :)
Could you let us know please which units it was that could attack your paratroopers while they were in forest?

Vesiger

Monarch
Hi Vesiger! Thanks for your report :)
Could you let us know please which units it was that could attack your paratroopers while they were in forest?
All modern era units, I think; they were targeted by artillery and light units today, which is unusual, but it's happened quite often with fast units and tanks.
And on further observation I'm fairly sure that this problem is specifically with the first move of each enemy unit; typically, the paratrooper moves into cover on its first move, then one enemy unit targets it, then they all pile in and it is destroyed. If they don't spot it on their first turn then they can't hit it until they get to a neighbouring hex, as expected.

Vesiger

Monarch
The other thing - which may or may not be related - is that I've also seen enemy paratroopers move into open ground from a tree, and remain untargetable. It's hard to be certain, because you don't get to see the bonuses which confirm whether they're under cover or not, but I've seen this apparently happen several times now; it happened to me in my most recent GE battle, when the enemy had a single paratrooper left, and he inexplicably left cover and moved to an open hex between two trees for no obvious gain. Except that I still couldn't target him until I moved right next door!

This variant seems to happen at the ends of battles rather than in the first move...

[Edit: I've opened a ticket with in-game support in case they can get any useful data from the battle log.]

Last edited:

Amy Steele

General
Thanks for the additional information Vesiger 8-)it does seem the second issue you mention there may be related. What would make sense is that it's the background/terrain displaying in the wrong position, so units appear to be in cover when they are not, and vice versa.

We'll continue to investigate the variations on this issue through the support system, though we can confirm at least that on the app version, units with the stealth ability do not appear to be in cover when they should be, when at the bottom of the screen.