• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Characteristics of Large Roads (greater than 1x1)

DeletedUser

To answer some common questions on how larger roads operate, this thread has been created to hopefully provide all you needed to know.

Road Connections
Firstly, and most importantly, roads that are larger than 1 tile in size, cannot connect if they are offset (see below).

Diagram
2x2road.PNG
Credit to Singy2002 for this image.
Screenprints
Placed correctly to existing road.
2x2_correct.jpg
Placed offset to existing road.
2x2_offset.jpg

Reliance on Continuity
Some buildings can only operate if they are connected to the Town Hall via these larger roads. There must be a continuous connection from the Town Hall to the building that requires it (see below). Obviously buildings that do not rely on a particular road, can be connected by any road or combination of roads.

Screenprints
Connected
Connected.jpg
Disconnected
Disconnected.jpg

Building Connections
While some buildings are reliant on a particular road size, that doesn't mean the entire roads needs to connect to that building. As shown below, only one tile of the road needs to be connected to the reliant building, this includes the town hall!

Screenprints
Connected by only one tile.
1_tile_connection.jpg

Parallel Roads
When planning your city, if you intend on having larger roads running parallel to one another, you will need to ensure there is appropriate space between them to join them together (see below).

Screenprints
Parallel roads can be connected
Parallel_Correct.jpg
Parallel roads cannot be connected
Parallel_Incorrect.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Cool guide. You may also want to add that you can connect a 2x2 road offset from the town hall ;)

DeletedUser98465

Mike just so I am clear here I can connect a two lane road to my town hall, can I then connect a single lane to that two lane?

Surge

Brigadier-General
Mike just so I am clear here I can connect a two lane road to my town hall, can I then connect a single lane to that two lane?

Yes, you can, however it will only accept single lane buildings after you do that (except for the 2 lane strip which will accept 2 lane buildings).

DeletedUser108240

Some Great Buildings say they need 2 lane road (or more) to function and get built, Yet I have seen such GBs connected just by walkways or other single lane connections.

What are the actual rules that the game enforce here ?

love Villow

DeletedUser108881

i wish i could express how utterly frustrating and amateurish this aspect is, along with not being able to rotate buildings.

Mandy540

Private
why can't I connect another two-lane road here? Obviously the single lane would not be there

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    419.5 KB · Views: 1,236