• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2023 St Patricks Event questions and non feedback comment

Knight of ICE

Use this thread for questions you have about the event and/or any other comments you have about the event that are not feedback.
A comment that is not feedback is sharing your progress for instance.

Boorg

Captain
Is the Shamrock cost to move from city 1 to city 2 reduced as it was on Beta?

Extract from the Saint Patrick’s day Event 2023 announcement.
Too much information to process? Do not despair! In the very first event town, we have significantly improved the tutorial part. Also, you will only need 1 million Shamrocks to proceed to the next town after you finish the first one. Remember: Shamrocks are required to move from one town to another, the tasks are not necessary.

Is the discount option a one time activity? which means have used one discount already and going to open another set of 6 chests before going to next town, will the discount option available that time or only one time available for each town shifting?

Andrew420

Major
Wheres my newsletter
10 years of play always got a newsletter for each event
WHY NOT THIS YEARS ST PATS EVENT
EDIT
this from support

Thank you for contacting the Forge of Empires Support Team.The Event newsletters are a part of general offers and bonuses players may receive. Those offers are distributed automatically, and it is possible that not all the players will receive them at the same time or at all. Unfortunately, we can't manually grant an offer to a player.
I am sorry that this was not the answer that you were hoping for, but please do not hesitate to contact me should you need further assistance.

1st time I have heard this
The newsletter is random
Not all players recieve them

Last edited:

Boorg

Captain
Wheres my newsletter
10 years of play always got a newsletter for each event
WHY NOT THIS YEARS ST PATS EVENT
EDIT
this from support

Thank you for contacting the Forge of Empires Support Team.The Event newsletters are a part of general offers and bonuses players may receive. Those offers are distributed automatically, and it is possible that not all the players will receive them at the same time or at all. Unfortunately, we can't manually grant an offer to a player.
I am sorry that this was not the answer that you were hoping for, but please do not hesitate to contact me should you need further assistance.

1st time I have heard this
The newsletter is random
Not all players recieve them

Same here, 7 years of play and always received the Event newsletter!

And I also received the same reply from support!

suethegreat

Captain
'I am sorry that this was not the answer that you were hoping for'....is the new 'go to' phrase globally for any kind of organisation that can't solve the problem. Shame we cant use it for refusing to pay our next bills. No newsletter here either but it often comes a day or 2 after events start.

suethegreat

Captain
Ah I have an FOE email finally but not the Paddy Newsletter, an advert to play FOE for free and clicking just takes me back into the game. If this was supposed to be a button pushed to send the newsletter it was the wrong one.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Not completely suprising with this change - although I would think such a newsletter/announcement/ad should be directed more towards non-active players, such as those accounts inactive for 60+ or 90+ (or whatever) days, with the extra Event Currency to be used as an enticement to get them to return to the game. The free extra currency to active players is not really necessary. If the change were to do this, entice former players back, I would look at that as a positive change.

Knight of ICE

Not completely suprising with this change - although I would think such a newsletter/announcement/ad should be directed more towards non-active players, such as those accounts inactive for 60+ or 90+ (or whatever) days, with the extra Event Currency to be used as an enticement to get them to return to the game. The free extra currency to active players is not really necessary. If the change were to do this, entice former players back, I would look at that as a positive change.

Non-active players can get free special buildings as an enticement to bring them back to the game. As far as I know this can vary on the language worlds you play on.

Andrew420

Major
Its not the event currency I can play without that
Its another example of inno not giving a crap
No transparency all you get is some canned response from support

Now it makes sense why they removed the random Arch druid selection kit from the chests to reduce the tickets to support
They knew they would be inundated by all the 'Where's my newsletter" tickets

I'm subscribed to the newsletter and usually receive the email with the free event currency on, or about, the starting day of an event. I haven't received this for St Patrick's yet - do I have a problem or has it not been sent out yet - thanks x

SkidSolo

Private
I've seen people suggesting a discount for buying all six boxes at the end of each city, but that is not appearing on my game
Is this a real thing or was it just in the test of the event ?

suethegreat

Captain
Thing is not doing the newsletters just chips away at more established players especially those joining in lockdown that may now be getting bored. To get 8Q whilst solving @ 36 quests takes a while plus nursing gold so you dont run out for more cities plus the pre knowledge you may not get a levelled building may start sheading players. Maybe that is the objective to clear server space for new blood who buy diamonds.

A guildy is asking about the Max option (top left) to upgrade event buildings to the highest level you can afford.
How exactly does this work? I didn't try it yet for fear of using all my shamrock's.

Knight of ICE

A guildy is asking about the Max option (top left) to upgrade event buildings to the highest level you can afford.
How exactly does this work? I didn't try it yet for fear of using all my shamrock's.
"If you have built up a stockpile of Shamrocks and wish to use them all quicker, you can check the 'max' box. This will automatically invest the maximum amount of Shamrocks in a factory with just one click. You can also spend your Pots of Gold to speed up your productions, and skip 2, 4, or 8 hours at a time."

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/saint-patrick’s-day-event-2023.45951/

Unlucky Alf

Private
Still haven’t got my newsletter with the 500 pots. Half our guild have. It makes planning your strategy and spend difficult. I hope it doesn’t land the day before it ends.