• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2023 Anniversary Event questions and non feedback comment

Knight of ICE

Use this thread for questions you have about the event and/or any other comments you have about the event that are not feedback.
A comment that is not feedback is sharing your progress for instance.

Forwandert

Major-General
Is there a reason the hints and tips information hasn't been copied over with the announcement info for this new minigame? might help some out and avoid initial confusion.

If anybodies playing this one it's probably worth doing homework before pressing anything, as per the normal Inno allowance for error these days there are no mistakes allowed if you're aiming for the main prize.

Knight of ICE

The Tower of Conjunction is 7x3, the Key Masters Workshop is 2x3.

Stats on Beta say the Tower is 3x7, which is more likely if you look at the picture. Same goes for the Workshop that is 3x2.

suethegreat

Captain
I checked out a youtube and just hope the reality is easier than it looks. Might be one to experiment to understand it first on a 'throwaway city' before trying on a city where you really want and have the space for a huge building. Makes all other events look so simple. I reckon ICE thought this up (ducks, kidding :) )

suethegreat

Captain
Not sure if a glitch but previously when selecting paying goods in event and 2 options you could check your stock of each in the window then decide in the event window which option you wanted to use and select. This time if you click on one to check you are committed so other option is greyed out. Therefore you need to check your stocks of each option in your goods window before clicking anything then select the option you have more of.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Apart from the tutorial first level, has anyone unlocked all the locked pieces and cleared the board yet?
Yes, a couple of times.
It seems that if you want to clear the board then it's all about looking ahead at which element you need to (or will) transform into next (2 pieces, 3 pieces, key head, key body, etc) and maybe using that new shape to clear similar-shaped, locked pieces. They soon go but then you use them up and the next spawned piece may not be usable straight away.

If you want to collect keys for the chests though, then it's best to convert fully keyed-up pieces rather than unlock similar ones with them.

Also keep an eye on what each piece will give you as a reward if you merge with it, some are better than others.
Always try and keep at least one each of the key head and body available, don't leave yourself with all heads, for example.

This is where the strategies and choices come in and they depend on how you want to play.

Basic2020

Private
I have watched tutorials on the mini game but I seem to be missing something central. How does one finish the board and get to the chest? After many attempts in several different worlds I find it virtually impossible to unlock all the locked gems, so I am stuck. The reset function does not get yout o the chest either, it just resets the board. What am I doing wrong?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Nine games played so far, and 4 times I did not even get a single level 1 of one particular color - so all those locked gems remain locked. This event is getting a pass from me - I have enough frustration in life that i am not wasting time on this.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
If you're struggling, Mooingcat has a pretty comprehensive video on YouTube.
Unfortunately though - the example that Mooing Cat had to use was workable and made sense. In all the games I have played so far, I have gotten stuck quite early with a lot of bad pieces - like 90% upper key, 10% lower, or no level 1's. This event was poorly done.

DJ of BA

Sergeant
This is by far the worse event yet devised, I am determined to master it but I doubt whether this is doable without spending Diamonds, so far I have tried on 3 seperate worlds and on none of those have I even got the first 250 points for first Reward, I have done some quick calculations and cannot see getting to 1000 points will be possible, mooningcats example looked simple but all of my boards do not have the required pieces to enable me to get more that 10 keys at any attempt, I will not be continuing and give it up as a bad job