• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2022 Winter Event questions and non feedback comment

Knight of ICE

Use this thread for questions you have about the event and/or any other comments you have about the event that are not feedback.
A comment that is not feedback is sharing your progress for instance.

palomar

Private
It was. The only difference with last year is in the Milestone Bonus. Last year it was 140. This year it is 75. That is the only visible change made. If there has been a change on the incidents you can not see.
But perhaps having a much bigger impact than one might expect from a single, apparently small change. Bottom line, the event plays differently now than it did before. If I'm wrong, if there's another way to play it now and still have a fair chance at getting the main building fully upgraded, I'd like to hear it :)

Gooders99

Private
Actually, having just spent literally millions of coins and supplies to win "2 fragments of wishing well" I think I'll do what I should have done a couple of days ago and ignore the event for the rest of the month. It simply is not worth bothering with.

Iwateguy

Major-General
Sound advice palomar, thank you.

I can't help feeling though that an event that you can only really play in the last couple of days if you want to succeed is pretty pointless.

I think it's important to recall that FoE is a game of puzzles (and luck). We just have to decide what we want more from the event - the event building or certain daily specials. On Beta, I spent some stars early before taking up the "spend-in-bunches" approach. I got the event building easily and had 150+ stars left over.

Some events require daily play and some don't. Some require a bit of careful thought and others are luck-driven clickfests. But one element never changes, the purpose of an event is to generate revenue and that is mostly diamond sales.

If we play the event in a way that minimizes the need for exceptional luck, the event building can be had for free. All the other parts of the event are intended to get people to spend.

suethegreat

Captain
Without doing a spoiler how true will the event be to Beta as one challenge falls on a Monday when no GE and the other option is brutal. Failing that I get a day off lol.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Without doing a spoiler how true will the event be to Beta as one challenge falls on a Monday when no GE and the other option is brutal. Failing that I get a day off lol.
Why does it really matter? You have a neighborhood, GE is not a necessity at all. There is no issue with the event quest choice for that day.

Knight of ICE

Non of the quests that fall on a Monday require GE. If you get one of those quests on a Monday you are causing it yourself.

suethegreat

Captain
Ok I have answered my own question, players do have (well UK time) from midnight to 9.30 am approx on a Monday when GE is still active. As said for my question to be clear would involve a spoiler and a severe frowning lol. Paladiac yes the hood is there for fights but not if a quest specifically states GE. Also yes event quests do stack so we could miss a day. There may be a change/inaccuracy from beta somewhere so time will tell.

suethegreat

Captain
Non of the quests that fall on a Monday require GE. If you get one of those quests on a Monday you are causing it yourself.
Well i am looking at 26th December UK which is a Monday and the event from midnight for Monday requires 7 GE encounters or acquire 2-4 sectors (brutal as i say for some re nav map) so either players have had to have fully completed GE to auto complete (tough/expensive for some) or they stay up after midnight to achieve it before 9.30 am ish hence i am here to wish you a Happy Boxing Day and now i can go to sleep lol :)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Well i am looking at 26th December UK which is a Monday and the event from midnight for Monday requires 7 GE encounters or acquire 2-4 sectors (brutal as i say for some re nav map) so either players have had to have fully completed GE to auto complete (tough/expensive for some) or they stay up after midnight to achieve it before 9.30 am ish hence i am here to wish you a Happy Boxing Day and now i can go to sleep lol :)
Or the other scary option - do it on Dec 27.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Since you were still up, you had still time to do it. The alternative is only brutal if you have put yourself in a position for it to be brutal.

Knight of ICE

what....? You running out of prizes...?
Star quests never had a timer or limit until a couple of days ago!!!

Since the Winter Event of 2018 they have a main questline and a daily questline. Once you catch up with the daily questline you get one quest a day.

Grof Z

Corporal
So i had 195 starts
- Train kit shows up today as reward ... so lets spend those
and I spend 195 stars ...
2times half way thru it - I was so happy i got all those little trinkets / like floating garden, coins, 1 unit, supply rush ... im so close to find Train upgrade

Pafff - Shuffle

Ok ... lets try again... 3 tries in - Shuffle ... im down to 90+ stars
OK ... in these 90 stars will get me that 1upgrade i need

195stars later ... and 3 very good placed shuffles - that prevented me to clear just few remaining boxes .. costs me all stars and ZERO upgrade.

this is this event in a nutshell

suethegreat

Captain
Since you were still up, you had still time to do it. The alternative is only brutal if you have put yourself in a position for it to be brutal.
As i said i was still up as i WAS doing the quest. Obviously i torture myself by playing FOE and playing it wrong Ice lolllllllll. Some may have had to wait a day and thus potentially miss having stars to do the days parcels and elusive key if they can be bothered. Teaming the GE with a Nav map is inconvenient for some people and maybe the beta version did not fall on a Monday. For some the Nav map will involve several lengthy scouting sessions or transit to new sectors removing recurring quests for a while. I realise it is entirely my fault that i have followed the quests required by the game when one ages up although maybe you have never experienced a side bar full of quests requiring sector acquisitions. Of course this can also be avoided by throwing loads of diamonds at the sectors which could be the plan. Frankly as a night owl staying up past midnight was no hardship to defeat the system lolllll. Happy New Year!

Knight of ICE

Obviously i torture myself by playing FOE and playing it wrong Ice

I am not saying you are doing it wrong. There is no wrong or right in this game as far as I am concerned. However you can do it smarter. Event quests are very predictable and you can prepare for them. I used to send out my scout on the Nav map a day before the event. As long as you do not open the map, the scouting is not finished, so all you have to do is open the map on the day of the quest and you have completed it right away.

I haven't checked to see if this has already been discussed BUT - WHY can't Inno just award what they say they will...

I won a Double payout (X 2) next win was a Show 2 - instead of showing 4 which is double (and there were still at least 4 on the board) they showed 2 and gave 6 stars instead of 3. For heaven's sake! a Double payout of Show 2 is so very rare - why can't they just do as it says on the tin and be honest about it. Showing 2 doubled is showing 4!!!