• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2022 summer event feedback

Darkfaythe1

Private
This has to be the worst event so far. The developers seem to have taken every step possible to make you PAY to get much of anything. That being said the prizes are pretty lame to be honest even for a relatively low level player like myself.
Especially love their Wheel of Fortune! You spin the wheel and win something....... Oh yes you win the right to pay through the nose for up to 8 pretty much useless items.
Last event I actually enjoyed has to have been the St Patricks Day event, you actually got to interact with the event and they didnt seem to be making an obvious attempt to monetise every action you took.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Question: Why was there no Forge of Empires Newsletter for this event? Surely 2 free doubloons would not be that much to offer to players... and no, last year's newsletter does not work - I checked just in case right before posting this message (yes, I keep all the Forge of Empires Newsletter messages I have received).

Speaking of free doubloons, why are they so rare in incidents this year? I have found exactly 1 doubloon in each of the two worlds I play in. This event has never been so stingy with free doubloons in past years.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Question: Why was there no Forge of Empires Newsletter for this event? Surely 2 free doubloons would not be that much to offer to players... and no, last year's newsletter does not work - I checked just in case right before posting this message (yes, I keep all the Forge of Empires Newsletter messages I have received).

Speaking of free doubloons, why are they so rare in incidents this year? I have found exactly 1 doubloon in each of the two worlds I play in. This event has never been so stingy with free doubloons in past years.
You might want to check again. I got my letter on Sept 1
1662691150236.png

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
If Inno wants us to pay for the Piggy Bank, they should allow us to remove rewards we don't want so that we can get better ones. My Piggy Bank in my main world is full, but of the eight rewards there are only 3 I really want. Three more are decent, but of them I would keep only one - the second I would sell at the AD, and the third I would replace if I could. And the last two rewards? 2 blueprints and 5 doubloons.

Yeah, no. I am NOT paying 3'000 Diamonds when barely half the rewards are any good. In fact, I would not spend even 1'000 Diamonds for this collection of rewards! If I could replace the crappy rewards I might have considered it, but since that is not an option - NO.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
It’s a shame the surprise boxes are ending with this Event. I enjoyed opening the extra goodies it contained along with the extra selection kit.
Yes it allowed you to get the base event special then gave 1 upgrade, made getting the special doable even if working 9 hours and only have time in the evening!

I just bought the Summer Prize specials....only because of the forge that gives 10% increase in FP.
It doesn't mention it decays in 4 days!
What a rip off!
I was in 2 minds whether to buy it in the first place. Um'd and ah'd about it then thought it's a special you won't get again so went for it.
Only to discover it decays in 4 days!!!!!! I feel dirty and misused!
This is a new serious low for FOE!
Had I known it would only last 4 days I definitely would not have wasted all my diamonds!

Knight of ICE

Forge Fountain (2x2)
image2022-7-11_2-2-50.png

This building boosts your Forge Point collections by 10% for 5 days

View attachment 24573

Yes, indeed.

Did you miss this?

This year we have a brand-new type of building which will be available as a bonus prize. Introducing the Limited Buildings! These buildings will provide special bonuses, but only for a limited time. Once the time allocated for the bonus runs out, the building will function as a decoration and provide Happiness.

Knight of ICE

i thought the limited time was how long it was on offer for! not that it disintegrates after that.

I do not want to go in a discussion here, cause after all this is feedback and that is what you are giving, but it clearly states the bonus is for a limited time, not the offer. So you read it wrong. Can happen, but that does not make it a ripoff. Since this is a first for these type of buildings, at best the announcement could have been more clear. On the other hand, it is part of the package, so it will be on offer as long as the package is.

Le Blues

Private
I have to complete 22 4 hour production runs. When I totally disrupt my schedule to do so and a set of runs are not recorded, I get mad... it does not impress me in the least and it hastens the day I'm calling it quits on this game. I'm already not impressed that I have to get 3k diamonds just to get the prizes in the piggy bank. Well, they can just stay there.

ar97hoje

Private
I finished all the Quests and my Boathouse is still only level 10 and didnt win much keeping anyway...

Attachments

• Bild1.png
    Bild1.png
    778.4 KB · Views: 65

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Luck played an important role in getting enough upgrades, In my main city I got 293 points (7 short of another upgrade), in my second city I got 272. That's 21 points of difference, and most, if not all, of it is due to bad luck. I might have gotten a few doubloons more in my main city, but not enough to justify this much of a difference. In the end I got 9 upgrades in both cities and need the Selection Kit from the Surprise box to max the building.

Since Event Surprise Boxes will no longer be given in events I hope future events have been properly rebalanced to make it possible to get to max level without the extra upgrade from the Box, even if the player has really bad luck.

blank the faithful

FoE Team
Senior Ingame Moderator
Luck played an important role in getting enough upgrades, In my main city I got 293 points (7 short of another upgrade), in my second city I got 272. That's 21 points of difference, and most, if not all, of it is due to bad luck. I might have gotten a few doubloons more in my main city, but not enough to justify this much of a difference. In the end I got 9 upgrades in both cities and need the Selection Kit from the Surprise box to max the building.

Since Event Surprise Boxes will no longer be given in events I hope future events have been properly rebalanced to make it possible to get to max level without the extra upgrade from the Box, even if the player has really bad luck.
Events in the future have been adjusted so you will no longer need the event box to finish upgrading the building

Last edited: