• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2018 winter event has one big flaw

• Thread starter DeletedUser114130
  • Start date

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Admittedly, there is no reason that ALL the events couldn't be done like the Halloween, Forgebowl, etc... quest lines and offer alternatives for any potential scout/sector/province/research quests.
As long as the alternatives are rather hefty or outright punishing, it balances everything out and allows everyone to simply play the game their own way.

for example, if a quest pushes you towards "acquire 2 sectors", give a heavy alt like "...OR have all 3 levels of GE completed".
Do that early on in an event, and to bypass the forced sector requirement could mean that a player who chooses the alternative GE route ends up stuck shortly afterwards for 3-4 days!
(not enough by any means to prevent a player from fully completing the event, but perhaps, enough to cost them a few diamonds for an early reward they really, really want!;) )

Or else, instead of say, "gain control over a province", off an option for "...OR donate 750 goods to the guild treasury". (HMA cost)
So sure, you can save up a province, but most people are probably going to end up really hurting on goods to do so!

Alternatives should be encouraged, but also to balance them out, they should always require like 10x the work/cost of the 'main' option for bypassing those forced c-map/researches.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I have a different problem with the winter event. Three times I have gotten "double payment" when opening a gift, followed by "shuffle." The gifts are reset and I don't get two of ANYthing. Couldn't post under bug report either, for some reason,.
I think there is only one double in one batch of gifts as well sa one shuffle ...

DeletedUser115806

And now a different bug that again I can't report in the bug report section because there is no way for me to post there, I just placed an arcade house from my inventory, then went to place an apartment building from my inventory. I accidentally put it on thje same spot. Now the arcade house is GONE but I didn't sell it or get any resources from it. I want it back.

DeletedUser108359

And now a different bug that again I can't report in the bug report section because there is no way for me to post there, I just placed an arcade house from my inventory, then went to place an apartment building from my inventory. I accidentally put it on thje same spot. Now the arcade house is GONE but I didn't sell it or get any resources from it. I want it back.

The new building ( i assume it could only have been residential ) would take the place of the arcade house. The game automatically refunds or deducts the coins and supplies when you do this. Also your population should have changed as well.

DeletedUser108359

I have a different problem with the winter event. Three times I have gotten "double payment" when opening a gift, followed by "shuffle." The gifts are reset and I don't get two of ANYthing. Couldn't post under bug report either, for some reason,.

You cant post it as a bug, because it isnt a bug, its just bad luck.
The game cant ( or wont ) give you 2 shuffles at the same time, its impossible.
Iv had this happen as well, However when you get shuffle the game gives you your stars back as well as 1 match.
Perhaps it gave you 2 matches instead. Iv has occasions where my match total did not compute against the number of stars i played, and i can only assume it is because of the shuffle. ( but im not 100% sure, perhaps someone could clarify this please )

DeletedUser96901

double + shuffle gives you 2 prices

you win 20 stars instead of 10 stars
with that you can then open 2 instead of 1 after the shuffle

it is true that you don't get 2 times the same
but often 2 different things are much better than one thing twice

You cant post it as a bug, because it isnt a bug, its just bad luck.
The game cant ( or wont ) give you 2 shuffles at the same time, its impossible.
Iv had this happen as well, However when you get shuffle the game gives you your stars back as well as 1 match.
Perhaps it gave you 2 matches instead. Iv has occasions where my match total did not compute against the number of stars i played, and i can only assume it is because of the shuffle. ( but im not 100% sure, perhaps someone could clarify this please )
x2 followed by shuffle gives 20 stars instead of the usual 10

Emberguard

Legend
You get 20 stars instead of 10. Each present costs 10 stars. So you've doubled the amount of presents received and consequently the number of matches too.