• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2018 winter event has one big flaw

• Thread starter DeletedUser114130
  • Start date

DeletedUser114130

Well done INNO

Quest 36 - Scout for a province - has stopped me from going any further with the event. It's impossible for me to go further in the continent map as I'm already 3 ages ahead of my own city age. There's no way I can get the goods to negotiate an entire province in order to be able to scout a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
@samson61 few questions

(1) early in the event there was a Acquire 2 sectors quest - would it have been better for you if the two quests were swapped in what order they appeared? Or would it have made no difference?

(2) why can't you get the goods?

DeletedUser113110

Well done INNO

Quest 36 - Scout for a province - has stopped me from going any further with the event. It's impossible for me to go further in the continent map as I'm already 3 ages ahead of my own city age. There's no way I can get the goods to negotiate an entire province in order to be able to scout a new one. This is just another ploy by INNO to force players to fast track through the ages and spend money buying diamonds.
@samson61 few questions

(1) early in the event there was a Acquire 2 sectors quest - would it have been better for you if the two quests were swapped in what order they appeared? Or would it have made no difference?

(2) why can't you get the goods?
Also,
3) If you are 3 ages ahead, why on earth would you advance if you can't get the goods? It's well known that in events Inno will make you acquire sectors/scout provinces.

Emberguard

Legend
(4) The 40th quest comes with a milestone bonus of 300 stars. If all absolute no-alternative options for cmap progress was left to after the half way mark would you still have a problem with it?

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I am sure that you have at least one friend on the list that will be willing to helo you out with goods ... or in your guild ... if you ask i am sure one will say yes and help you ... i would ..

DeletedUser113901

If you are three ages ahead, no problem. I'm 3 ages, soon 4 ahead on my main, 3 ages ahead on my second and 2 ages ahead an my third. But you should prepare yourself and stop in time. I continue advancing on my main because a province with goods bought with FPs is a day's FP production, but I stopped on the two others 3-4 provinces before being stuck. If you can't stop yourself in time that's your fault.

Agent327

Overlord
Well done INNO

Quest 36 - Scout for a province - has stopped me from going any further with the event. It's impossible for me to go further in the continent map as I'm already 3 ages ahead of my own city age. There's no way I can get the goods to negotiate an entire province in order to be able to scout a new one. This is just another ploy by INNO to force players to fast track through the ages and spend money buying diamonds.

So Inno played the game for you and sneaked you ages ahead on the map?

DeletedUser114130

(4) The 40th quest comes with a milestone bonus of 300 stars. If all absolute no-alternative options for cmap progress was left to after the half way mark would you still have a problem with it?

It's just an event. It's no big deal if I can't complete it. I could get the goods from my guild but these are Colonial age goods that are needed more for placing down GBS so that I can advance in the game. There is more to the game than these events. It's just a shame that there was no alternative to that quest.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Hm ... it looks like someone is posting then deleting there own post ... thankfully i have it in my email ... some are negative and agresive ... but some are just advice how you can overcome this opsicle ... these are just goods ... and as i said there will allways be someone who any one can ask for help ... and a normal person will help ... i know it .. as i had problem , i asked and i got help ...

DeletedUser111359

It's just an event. It's no big deal if I can't complete it. I could get the goods from my guild but these are Colonial age goods that are needed more for placing down GBS so that I can advance in the game. There is more to the game than these events. It's just a shame that there was no alternative to that quest.

There was an easy alternative. It's called not getting the map ahead of where you can reasonably manage to gain new spaces.

DeletedUser114130

If you are three ages ahead, no problem. I'm 3 ages, soon 4 ahead on my main, 3 ages ahead on my second and 2 ages ahead an my third. But you should prepare yourself and stop in time. I continue advancing on my main because a province with goods bought with FPs is a day's FP production, but I stopped on the two others 3-4 provinces before being stuck. If you can't stop yourself in time that's your fault.

I'm a new player who has a lot to learn with this game. I exhausted sector and province acquisitions because of this years events. The events encourage players to advance on the continent map. It's no big deal if I can't go further with the event. There is more to the game than playing events.

DeletedUser114130

There was an easy alternative. It's called not getting the map ahead of where you can reasonably manage to gain new spaces.

I'm a new player who has a lot to learn with this game. I exhausted sector and province acquisitions because of this years events. The events encourage players to advance on the continent map.

DeletedUser111359

I'm a new player who has a lot to learn with this game. I exhausted sector and province acquisitions because of this years events. The events encourage players to advance on the continent map. It's no big deal if I can't go further with the event. There is more to the game than playing events.

That's just ridiculous. At most the event will push you to gain 1 region on the map, and every era has far, far more than just the one. If you've rushed the map, that was entirely because you worked really hard to do so, and not in any way because the events pushed you to.

Any sane player would have noticed long before they got 3 eras ahead of themselves, that they were making things difficult, and maybe they should slow down on the map.

DeletedUser111359

That's just compounding one bad decision with another. Building a GB doesn't really "advance you in the game". And you can do that anytime, anyhow. But missing out on the Winter Spire will definitely cost you in the long run.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
@samson61 i finished all of events this year and i am in progressive era ... i was playing as ususal... did only map when was really necessary in case of good daily challenge reward and i am also on map in my own age ... it is very possible to do so ... so choosing a priority is a key ... what age are you in ?