• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: 2 Wave battles - point calculation correction

Do you want the correction, or do you want to stay the unfaire point calculation?

• Total voters

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Proposal:
The total points you earn for a 2 wave battle, is not the points from the first battle plus the points from the second battle. It is always only twice the second battle. If the 2nd battle has only a handful of troops, this can lead to the situation where you earn less points for 2 waves than for the first wave alone.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes. Was many posts in "wrong" sections, but nothing happened.

Reason
You simply cant get less points for harder 2 wave battles like for 1 wave battle. This is just not correct. Why is the point system if its not working correct? Then just delete Player ranking points and fights not need to add points, but points makes players to do more fights, so its the essential to be part in FOE war game.

Details
Points from 1st wave battles carried to 2nd battles, where added to 2nd fight, and players get it after fight is won.
If you click Retreat after 1st wave, you get 0 points.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
With 0 points modifier if you click Retreat button, it cant be abused, and it will fair point calculation.

Ps.: With SAAB era, players already can do infinite fights via 2 recurring quest, so if that is allowed, then why is problem with this point calculation to be calculated correctly?

Current -100% from 1st battle and x2 modifier in 2nd battle.

1591128955343.png

1591128965270.png

Last edited:

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer

Agent327

Overlord
Link in your posted thread was created in May 19, 2016, now we writing year 2020 + that was US forum + that thread was closed without any responde.

Tnx for your investigation, this will help for further evidence about this flaw in the current scoring system. Stay tuned.

Read again. That link is labelled forwarded. That means the devs know about it and any similar proposal will never reach them, even if it gets enough votes on the forum.

Only evidence it provides is that you are flogging a dead horse.

You really need to learn how the system works.

Agent327

Overlord
So Agent very soon this thread is going to be labelled Already Suggested right? :)

I really do not know, but it could be labelled as totally useless. That is up to the forum mods, but once a proposal on any server at all has been forwarded to the devs, it will not be forwarded again.

Agent327

Overlord
Christ, Agent we all know this but ideas reposted do sometimes get accepted so no harm in this being proposed.

They do not get accepted cause they are reposted. They never reach the devs for a second time. Once is enough and after that it is waiting.

Agent327

Overlord
bull****, time and time again ideas which were rejected 4 years ago get accepted, otherwise you would still be investing FP into GB's 10 at a time

I totally agree with you on that, but it isn't because the devs were flooded with it that got the idea accepted. Any idea will reach them only once. After that it is waiting to see what happens. Ideas that were rejected here could be accepted on another forum.

DeletedUser653

Agent you just do not get it do you. just review the ideas page say from 2016 and then see how many rejected ideas are now part of the game, so its always worth bringing something up as based on the passage of time and other changes in the game the idea may be accepted. I for one am happy for the 50 threads started saying improve way to donate FP to GB's

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Actually, if you think about it, this must be a coding error, a typo of the programmer.
If the original intention were "twice the points of the second wave", the "wave modifier" for the second wave would be written in percentage "+100%" just like for the first wave.
Why was it written in the form of "+[an absolute number]"? -- Because the [absolute number] was meant to be the remembered points of the first wave.
But the [absolute number] of the second wave points was added, because of a typo.

- Chapter 2 -
It must have been a novice programmer, one who just graduated from college and is working at Inno as an intern.
And he was assigned this "very easy task".

+1
This is as close to being a bug as an 'intended feature' can get. When the modification was made to avoid people collecting points from first wave if they surrendered, the current bodge should never have been made. When two waves are fought, the points should be the total calculated value from each wave.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Just to notice (mostly for Agent327).

Players (forum members) are not obliged to search Every forum server/language to post new Ideas or any Bug or question in there language (or language what world there playing). So anything posted on US, HU, DE and other servers, have nothing to do with EN server proposals, othervise the "Search" option in upper right corner would applay for all servers.

Everyone know and see (including Inno) that the current score system isnt working like it should, and thats why it need to correct, repaire.
So vote YES if you want the fair-play scoring system, or vote NO if you want the unfaire current system. Both answers are alowed, thank you.

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
uhmm... I think they do it to reduce the difference of point between eras by fighting. If I earn 2p and a higher era earns 3, after 1000 battles i will have 2k points and the other person 3k points. 50% more, and only 334 battles difference if I era up
But if I earn 2p and a higher era 4p, that means double in everything. I dont see any other point, because rank doesnt give any advantange but "prestige"
That is just a simple example with low figures. +1 anyway, just because it´s fair.

Agent327

Overlord
Players (forum members) are not obliged to search Every forum server/language to post new Ideas or any Bug or question in there language (or language what world there playing). So anything posted on US, HU, DE and other servers, have nothing to do with EN server proposals, othervise the "Search" option in upper right corner would applay for all servers.

You are absolutely right about that. I did not have to search. I knew where it was. I also know that unless they changed the system even with 100% yes votes it will never reach the devs for a second , or third, or fourth time, cause it has already been nforwarded to them and that happens only once. Not every tiome it gets proposed.

Everyone know and see (including Inno) that the current score system isnt working like it should, and thats why it need to correct, repaire.
So vote YES if you want the fair-play scoring system, or vote NO if you want the unfaire current system. Both answers are alowed, thank you.

The current score system was deliberately put in by Inno. They know players want it changed and yet they have not done so in all the years it has been this way. My vote will not make any difference.