• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: 2 Wave Battle Rewards Points

BasaltHead

Private
  • World: All
  • Browser and Version: Firefox
  • Overview of the bug: Have noticed, that the points received from the first battle is not the same as the wave modifier in the second battle. In fact the wave modifier on the second battle, simply doubles the points received from the second battle alone. I was expecting the points earned from the first battle would be carried forward and added to the points earned in the second battle.
  • Screenshots:
  • GE Scoring.jpg
See sample screenshots, first battle earned 81380 points. But the points shown in the second wave modifier is 29900 points, which is 26000+5200-1300, not 62400+12480+6500. Ie it is the points earned in the second battle. So the total points earned is always 2x wave modifier
  • How often this occurs: All the time
  • Urgency: minor bug (non-game changing).
  • Preventative Actions: Unable to prevent
  • Summary: Total points earned for a 2 wave battle is not the points form the first battle and the second battle added together
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: N/A

DeletedUser97939

Having reviewed this, there seems to be no problem in you first picture you will see that the -6500 is in Red which means this is a negative number and should be taken away not added this would give you
First Wave - 62,400 + 12,480 - 6,500 = 68,380
Second Wave - 26,00 + 5,200 - 1,300 = 29,900 + your wave modifier of 29,900 = TOTAL 59,800

The first wave is not intended reward points, however the second wave should match your points awarded.

Here is the information from the update of 1.30;
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-30.26538/#post-147477

BasaltHead

Private
Your response unfortunately does not make sense. While you correctly point out a mistype in my post, this is not relevant to the substance of my report.

If the first wave, as you state earns 68,380 points. Why is the wave modifier after the second battle 29,900 and not 68.380? Why are the total points earned for defeating both waves not 68,380+29,900 = 98,280?

You refer to the update in 1.30 but the changes mentioned in that report has nothing to do with my report.

The changes in 1.30 state "Defeating just one army wave won't give any battle points."

This means, if you defeat the first wave, and fail to defeat the second wave, you won't earn any points.

DeletedUser96901

First Wave - 62,400 + 12,480 - 6,500 = 68,380
Second Wave - 26,00 + 5,200 - 1,300 = 29,900 + your wave modifier of 29,900 = TOTAL 59,800
and you think it is correct that the fight against those 2 waves gives less points than it would give if it would be only against the first wave ?

1st wave + 2nd wave < battle against only one wave which equals that 1st wave ?

this would be like:
you work one hour you earn 30 $
now you work a second time: 20 more minutes and that would give 10 $.
but then in total you only get twice paid for the second time you worked = 20 $
sounds that correct ?

payment:
1st time: 30 $. payment modifier -30 $. total: 0
2nd time: 10 $. payment modifier +10 $
congrats. you earned 20 $

btw: they could simply call the 2nd wave modifier "multiply with 2" :lol:
(at least people would then better understand where that value comes from)

or at least be use the same format for the 2nd wave modifier than for the 1st wave modifier: +100%
it would be logical to have -100% and +100% or -68900 and + 29900 but not a the combination -100% and +29900

Last edited by a moderator: