• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Okay, so I've got 2 questions I'd like answered!

First; Stone Throwers. When the NPC used them against me, they were absolutely devastating. Now I've finally managed to unlock them, and when I use them, they do a mere 1-2 Bars worth of damage to Spearfighters. What the hell?

Is it some NPC-Only-Bonus to make them more challenging? And make it misleading for us to waste points on the Stone Thrower? I really wish this game had some stats that showed what they're effective against and how effective they are. In such a game, that should be utmost important.

Second: I enjoy web-browsing games, but there's one thing that always makes me lose interest rapidly. And that is having a different account for the Forum, is that really necessary? It's just a Forum, why not have our Account made for Forge of Empires be automatically hooked up to the Forums. If they don't want to use the Forums, they don't have to...

It doesn't matter if I can remain automatically logged in, it just seems like lazy work to me.

Either way, I'm enjoying the game so far! And I do like that it's not diamond-dependent ;)

DeletedUser

Regarding 1st question: there's a rock-scissor-paper system, long range units deal more damage to heavy melee units, whereas they do little damage to light melee ones, such is the case of spearfighters.

More information about units can be found [thread=170]here[/thread].

About the 2nd question: the first thing that comes to my head is for security reasons; also managing accounts on the servers could get more complicated if you merge them, believe it or not, it depends on the system administrator I guess... *shruggs*

DeletedUser

Regarding 1st question: there's a rock-scissor-paper system, long range units deal more damage to heavy melee units, whereas they do little damage to light melee ones, such is the case of spearfighters.

More information about units can be found [thread=170]here[/thread].

About the 2nd question: the first thing that comes to my head is for security reasons; also managing accounts on the servers could get more complicated if you merge them, believe it or not, it depends on the system administrator I guess... *shruggs*

1: Ah, fair enough. Though I'd like to know why the NPCs had full damage against my spearfighters? They took away 70-80% Health of my spearfighters per shot...

2: There's a lot of web-browsed games out there that have the same accounts for both the actual game and the Forums, and it's working great. I don't think it's a matter of security, sure if they hacked the forum they could get access to the actual game account as well, but in most of the cases people use the same credentials for the game as for the Forums.

But I won't complain about it, at least these forums has a big variety of futures to use when posting a reply. I really hate when they limit it to smileys and links and barely anything else. It really makes it hard to make good looking layouts :(

Status
Not open for further replies.