• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: 17th and 18th Century Avatars

Would players like to see 17th & 18th Century-based avatars to be made available for game play?

• Yes

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

LocalFief

Private
It would be just great to see some 17th and 18th century avatars made available for game play.
Looking at all of the avatars available, there are plenty for the Middle Ages and then leaping ahead there is quite a selection for the 19th century / Industrial period

But classic 17th century hairstyles and clothing, such as those worn by Samuel Pepys, Daniel Defoe or Queen Mary II of England; as well as 18th century wigs and extravagant fashion styles like those worn by Mozart, Catherine the Great and Marie Antoinette, seems to be somewhat non-existent in the avatar selection. This dearth in having a good choice of 17th / 18th century available avatars is intensified further still, given the fact that the Coiffeur building (Fashion) becomes available during gameplay within the Colonial age.

LocalFief

Private
I realise that I probably ought to have used the proper formatting to put forward this idea. So here it is:

Proposal:
It would be just great to see some 17th and 18th century avatars made available for game play.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
you will save yourself a lot of time and avoid the risk of your thread being closed quickly

Yes, I conducted a 'Search' to see if someone else had posted this same idea but I was not able to find anything. No other ideas were similar to this one, as far as I could tell.

Reason:
I think my idea might be an enhancing addition to the game, as 17th and 18th century avatars appear to be completely missing from the avatar selection. There is plenty of choice for the Medieval / Middle Ages period. there is also a good selection for the 19th century / Industrial period. But there appears to be no choices made available for 17th and 18th century avatar designs, especially given that the Coiffeur building (as a result of researching 'Fashion') becomes available during gameplay within the Colonial Age.

Details:
I could see this idea working as it would show avatars from the 17th and 18th centuries, which currently appear non-existent - examples in the 17th century might include figures like Samuel Pepys, Daniel Defoe, Madame de la Fayette and Queen Mary II of England; examples in the 18th century might include figures like Mozart, Catherine the Great, George Washington, Marie Antoinette and Charles Ignatius Sancho

Visual Aids:
Please view images from the internet of any of the above named public figures.

Balance:
This idea will have a very pleasant impact as one who is venturing through the Colonial Age will be able to inhabit that particular period through the expression of a 17th century and / or 18th century avatar. The current selections of avatars could be made even more extensive than they already are to give greater choice to players of Forge of Empires

Abuse Prevention:
I cannot see how my proposal could open up possible exploits, any more than the current selection of avatars would do so. I think cheating is somewhat non-applicable when offering 17th and 18th century-based avatars for players to use in their game.

Summary:
17th and 18th century-based avatars would really fill a gap within the current avatar selection. Also, these avatars could either be introduced into the game through a future Event or they could simply be added to the current repertoire of available avatars.

eeyore

Corporal
Indeed, the game does not appear to have much from that era. How about Kangxi Emperor of China? Or Trịnh Tòng in Vietnam? Saying that, Marie Antoinette likely contributed to the downfall of France; nonetheless, they are all notables from that period. How about South America: Atahualpa, the last Incan Emperor (ok, 16th century but there is no portrait).

Last edited:

LocalFief

Private
Yes @eeyore, I think "Atahualpa, the last Incan Emperor" and Vietnamese ruler, Trinh Tòng, may well both be too early historically than the 17th and 18th century-based avatars that I had in mind, although Emperor Kangxi of China does seem appropriate.

I do like your idea of incorporating other notable global figures for this time period, other than those fashioned by 'Western' influences.

eeyore

Corporal
Thank you, LocalFief. Glad you liked my suggestions. Arguably, the occidental influence has indeed resulted in other notables being sort of ignored. So, there would be King Narai the Great (King of Thailand) 17th century or Tiradentes (Braziian freedom fighterl) in the 18th century?

Overall, a great idea to have new avatars.

Would love to see all sorts of new avatars, including 17th-18th century avatars from all around the world. The more, the merrier :-)
We do get a lot of new avatars all the time. The thing is, though, that most of the avatars we get are based on event themes and age progress in the game. 17th-18th century avatars could fit in with some of the event themes though, I guess.

LocalFief

Private
Yes indeed, @klods hans - the more avatars the merrier ;-)
I think a whole set of 17th and 18th Century avatars could be made available for the event last year, for example, which led to the building of the Governor's Villa. This would seem really quite appropriate, I believe.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
In my humble opinion it is these kinds of things which will show the greatest return for investment. It takes time to create these and other decorative items but they should attract and keep new players. Having an unique identity is what everyone wants.

eeyore

Corporal
By the way, would it be possible to make avatars more recognisable? Most of the ones, I have no idea who they are supposed to be.:?
Thank you.
@Janet Devlin Yes, true enough, time invested in creating something decorative and attractive certainly has my vote.:)

LocalFief

Private
Well, I made it to the Colonial Age in one of my worlds - but unfortunately, no 17th / 18th century avatars to choose from yet.
I will wait patiently ;-)

Vesiger

Monarch
By the way, would it be possible to make avatars more recognisable? Most of the ones, I have no idea who they are supposed to be.:?
I'd just like a way to see their names; they clearly have them, because when an avatar is awarded as a prize during an event or on a spin-the-wheel type game, they are described with a name. But as soon as they arrive in your avatar list there is no longer any way to access that information.

Forwandert

Major-General
I'd just like a way to see their names; they clearly have them, because when an avatar is awarded as a prize during an event or on a spin-the-wheel type game, they are described with a name. But as soon as they arrive in your avatar list there is no longer any way to access that information.

There is a "portrait list for forge of empires" available externally on the fan pages just can't post the link. Only certain portraits have names or are named though.