• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

10th Anniversary questions and non feedback comments.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
So, since the Checkmate Square was already a probability Daily (per Beta, which of course does not mean definite), does that mean there is a fair probability to believe it may show up 2 times now? Once as its own Daily, and once as the Menagerie replacement? (again for clarity, not assuming the Checkmate from Beta will be coming across to Live, though 99% of the times, the Beta dailies do come to Live, although not necessarily the same # of occurences as a Beta daily may have been offered)
I cannot comment on beta I'm afraid or give out any details on how many daily specials are left, I can only advise that the Menagerie will be replaced by Checkmate Square in the Daily Specials list, but will still be available as a swap.

Last edited:

hades8840

Corporal
Very odd that I havent seen the stages of ages building yet on the 7 worlds i play on as a main daily which on beta had been out by now nor as a daily swap I hope at some point it is a guaranteed daily as its the only item I see of any use

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Happy to see Botanical Rotundas as daily specials have had 2 appearances in the last 4 days the latest was today after the switch option, just wished more paper money was available through quests and incidences

Havik79

Corporal
How do you get the grand king/queen to change, I landed on it, moved around past the start and it is still grand king.

Zontan

Private
How do you get the grand king/queen to change, I landed on it, moved around past the start and it is still grand king.
Pretty sure it changes daily.

Perhaps we should get selection kits of the grand set instead of them being separate

Last edited:
Does anyone actually believe that the odds of rolling a 3 is the same as the odds of rolling a six?
And before someone says it has to be the same odds: 1 in 6 to roll a 3 or a 6, or any other number from 1 to 6, believe your eyes first!

The numbers are all weighted differently when supplied to the random generator algorithm.

The odds being applied are as the odds being applied to relics: common, uncommon, and rare .
The odds of rolling a six are in the rare category; the odds of rolling a 3 are in the common category.

Knight of ICE

Does anyone actually believe that the odds of rolling a 3 is the same as the odds of rolling a six?
And before someone says it has to be the same odds: 1 in 6 to roll a 3 or a 6, or any other number from 1 to 6, believe your eyes first!

The numbers are all weighted differently when supplied to the random generator algorithm.

The odds being applied are as the odds being applied to relics: common, uncommon, and rare .
The odds of rolling a six are in the rare category; the odds of rolling a 3 are in the common category.

Can you show the proof for that? I have had more 6's than 3's. Does that mean I have a bug?

Boorg

Captain
I have searched the FoE Wiki for The Golden Orrery building details.

The Wiki Special Building List is not listing The Golden Orrery. I managed to find it by doing a search but it seems that some details are missing as the The Golden Orrery pages do not state if it can be plundered, neither do they state the building type.

Since The Golden Orrery can't be motivated does that mean it can be plundered?

Erich Zahn

Private
Can you show the proof for that? I have had more 6's than 3's. Does that mean I have a bug?
The trouble is that this is a random number between 1 and 6 generated by a computer program. Results are different when you use real dice unless, of course, they've programmed it to behave like the real thing. ;)
To find the average/mean of a d6 is to add up the potential results (i.e. 1 to 6) then divide by the sample number (i.e. 6) which gives you 3.5. However the chance of getting a desired result (i.e. 6) cannot vary from 1 in 6. This relies on a fairly 'fair' dice, that is there's no physical flaw which weights it to a particular result. It's interesting to note that even a loaded dice might, just might, not give the cheat result ... it's just unlikely. A computer program, however, can only be 'loaded' either by accident or on purpose by a flaw in the program. In a fairly accurate program, the chance of getting a desired result remains 1 in 6.

And let's not get into the Gambler's Fallacy, shall we? :D

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
The Event box won in 10th for the next event has a countdown currently 10 days 10 hrs 9m as at 23.20 on 21 April which makes it a Monday is that correct unless my maths is wrong which wouldn't be unusual lol.