• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

100's of unfair Market listings

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
If he is your friend, unfriend him, even if he aids you and visits your tavern daily.
If he is your neighbor, then you will have to wait for neighborhood change.Had a player like that in my neighborhood for 2 weeks, so I know the feeling :(

After this long time I've lost hope it will be implemented ever but it could have helped.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Grrr! The markets are being abused often by just one player with 100's unfair trades.
Perhaps there should be more limits or control, they hurt my eyes scrolling through them.
You may consider those trades to be unfair - but obviously some people must be accepting of them, otherwise that player (in this instance) would not continue to do so many of those trades. Beauty, as well as the value of a trade, is all in the eye of the beholder, as well as a buyer. Also, obviously Inno games considers these trades acceptable, since this this kind of trading practice has not been stopped.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I must admit that even I, when I'm desperate for specific goods accept those unfair trades just to be able to e.g. complete one province. Shame I'm letting the scammer scam other people :(

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Xeon,
Your first point: IMO, in this game there's no such thing as an 'unfair' trade. The 'only trade one era up or down' etiquette is player invented.
If two players agree to deal then it's a valid trade. If you don't agree to the trade then you simply ignore it.

Your second point: totally agree about the multiple, same trade offer. It should be stackable, as has been suggested.

IMO, in this game there's no such thing as an 'unfair' trade.
Well guild members all should know what a fair trade is so an unfair trade is the opposite.
I know the inno dev team are busy with many things and this might not seem a high priority but with more players who abuse what they can because they are allowed to should not be encouraged.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Well guild members all should know what a fair trade is so an unfair trade is the opposite.
I know the inno dev team are busy with many things and this might not seem a high priority but with more players who abuse what they can because they are allowed to should not be encouraged.
I'm not in a guild, and neither are many others, so that point doesn't always apply.
If guilds and their members require fair / equal trades then that's up to them and those who join that guild know the rules.
Again, a fair trade is one where both parties are happy to agree to it. No-one is forced into trades they don't want to do.
If any player requires goods from any era (and wants to trade over several eras to get them) why shouldn't they be allowed to do that?

I don't understand why anyone can be that bothered about a trade they don't want to be part of. If it's not for you, or you don't agree with it, then ignore it.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
No, but these market spammers who list lots of trades taking advantage of newbs, force me to click to move on a page and I don't like that.

Ignoring is not an option, it requires effort to find the fair trades amongst all the unfair ones.
How are they taking advantage of newbs? If any player, new or not, doesn't want to do that trade, they won't.
You're making assumptions.

I meant ignore as in don't take the trade, not as in go past it.

What you're basically saying is that players shouldn't post lots of trades because it inconveniences you to go through them.
Well, until Inno bring in a stackable system this is the only one we've got.
And who gave you the right to say how many trades a player can list?

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Lots of good feedback in this thread, other solutions could be an option for players to block a named players listings from showing in open market or inno use an improved algorithm to list the fair trades first.
Hmmm, now I wonder if you can see trades from neighbors you are ignoring.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Lots of good feedback in this thread, other solutions could be an option for players to block a named players listings from showing in open market or inno use an improved algorithm to list the fair trades first.
By all means make suggestions on improving the trade system. More filters and stacking are excellent ideas.
But please don't keep referring to trades you aren't interested in as "unfair". They may be of interest and "fair" to another player.
"Unfair" makes them seem corrupt or immoral.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
But please don't keep referring to trades you aren't interested in as "unfair". They may be of interest and "fair" to another player.
Have one thing in mind, newbie players don't know that clean fair trade is when you trade goods for 1 era lower or higher than goods you are offering. They think that clean fair trade is just any trade at ratio of 1:2 or 2:1, so they would think that it's fair even to get VF goods by paying IA goods, as long as it's 2:1.

Not corrupt or immoral, it's mainly spam due to the vast quantities a very few players list.
It's similar to the constant annoying ads we get when browsing the web, if Inno decide to do something about it they have plenty of options.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Have one thing in mind, newbie players don't know that clean fair trade is when you trade goods for 1 era lower or higher than goods you are offering. They think that clean fair trade is just any trade at ratio of 1:2 or 2:1, so they would think that it's fair even to get VF goods by paying IA goods, as long as it's 2:1.
I would think that any Iron Age newb getting VF goods in a trade is a great trade, lol !
And, if newbs think they can list any era-to-era trade then those trades are unlikely to be accepted, and hopefully their guild or another player will tell them why.
I do like your distinction though of "clean" trade to mean only those between "touching" eras. Maybe that could be one of the filters Xeon is hoping for.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I would think that any Iron Age newb getting VF goods in a trade is a great trade, lol !
And, if newbs think they can list any era-to-era trade then those trades are unlikely to be accepted, and hopefully their guild or another player will tell them why.
I do like your distinction though of "clean" trade to mean only those between "touching" eras. Maybe that could be one of the filters Xeon is hoping for.
IA newbie would think he can get them, but the trade will just stay there without anybody accepting it, so it's basically fully useless trade for anyone except somebody who has deal with him :rolleyes: