• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1-down please?

DeletedUser104719

There are circumstances where the ability to REDUCE the age of a special building would be highly useful. This is typically in relation to goods production, and has become of critical interest to anyone in oceanic future since the announcement that this is the final age. Production of arctic future goods is now significantly harder, since GB goods production is for oceanic goods precursors, and trade partners of the earlier ages inevitably move up the ages and stop producing.

The ability to reduce the age of a building could be introduced in a number of ways;

- Since the choice is significant, and can only be undone using an item of limited availability, I would suggest a freely available option to reduce the age of a building

- An item could be introduced, as the ‘1-up’ item has been. This item would be of sharply limited interest, especially in lower ages, so it could be in a ‘+/- 1’ form, able to adjust age in either direction

- Something more interesting could be imagined, possibly with a mini quest line or some such as a requirement

Regardless of implementation, I think the possibility should exist to reduce the age of a special building. Generally I think the disadvantages of this ability balance the potential advantages, but adding a cost (prerequisite, item use, etc) could be used if others disagree.

DeletedUser110195

and has become of critical interest to anyone in oceanic future since the announcement that this is the final age.
Where was this announced? I'd like to see it.

1-down's an old idea now, people've been wanting it forever.

DeletedUser96901

OF will NOT be the last era

and the idea of a "one-down kit" is already be discussed in the ideas section

DeletedUser104719

Thanks for the response guys; Apologies I did not find the previous suggestion, my forum-fu is weak. For anyone else in favour of the idea, I have now found the idea thread for your +1:

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/retrograde-kit.31805/

Thanks also for disabusing me of the notion that OF is the last era; not even sure where I picked the idea up, but it has been 'fact' in my head for months, and quite disappointing!