• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1 click for the price of 8

Do you want a skip all units button in combat?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109379

Proposal:
create a command that keeps all your combat units stationary.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea:
not really but hard to find keyword that sums concept up

Reason:
saves having to click each of your units to order them to stay put, then wait for the npc enemy tediously advancing single square after single square; and then having to repeat the same nightmare serial clicking however many times npcs decide to advance slowly.

Details:
don't know what you mean

Visual Aids: hopefully the above is clear enough

Balance/Abuse Prevention: n/a

joesoap

Major-General
i would prefer the browser to have the same skip turn button that the app has, this way you can easily decide what units to move or not as opposed to your all or nothing suggestion

joesoap

Major-General
@joesoap
Are you aware of the current browser function of clicking the unit to skip turn?
yes, i am aware of that but i have to find every unit in turn & then move to it & click it to stop it moving, the skip turn app button is in the same place so no looking for units or moving so is a lot easier & quicker to use

Emberguard

Legend
where is that?
Mobile interface

C20585F3-6287-4889-A1BB-3663015E3C63.jpeg

DeletedUser109379

why isn't that mobile interface "skip turn" option available on the pc version of the game?

joesoap

Major-General
why isn't that mobile interface "skip turn" option available on the pc version of the game?
i want to know the same thing
but it only works on 1 unit at a time which is different to what you want which is a skip all button

Agent327

Overlord

Cause on the PC you can click the unit. On the app you can not, so they needed an alternative.

Now on both platforms you need to click something, so they are basically working in a similar way.

When you come up with a proposal, it does help if you know how things work.

Problem with skip all is that if you have mixed units you will skip units you do not want to skip, in which case you still have to use the present way.

DeletedUser109379

IIRC we used to be able to skip a turn FOR ALL UNITS at the touch of a single button. as in the above mobile app.
basically i'd love to have that option back - instead of having to click each unit to order each to stay put.

Emberguard

Legend
If it ever was an option it must have been prior to me starting the game. I started playing on desktop. It’s only recently I’ve switched to mobile and do not recall such a feature ever being present

Doing a quick google search it wasn’t there in 2012 based on this idea (which is now on mobile): https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...ip-button-on-the-battlefield-interface.10134/

So unless I’m mistaken then if it ever was a thing it’d have to have been sometime between 2012-2017

DeletedUser109379

not sure anymore tbh...
but I still maintain the "skip turn" feature should be implemented on desktop for the sake of a smooth gaming experience
(as opposed to tediously clicking each unit over several turns)

Agent327

Overlord
not sure anymore tbh...
but I still maintain the "skip turn" feature should be implemented on desktop for the sake of a smooth gaming experience
(as opposed to tediously clicking each unit over several turns)

What's the difference in clicking a button or clicking a unit?

Agent327

Overlord
the button is always in the same place, units are in 8 different places & are rarely beside each other
i would have thought you would have known that

Only time you want to skip a turn is on the first turn. Units will still be beside eachother.

DeletedUser109379

i would have thought you would have known that
Well, you thought wrong.
FYI, for us ordinary people not knowing everything: learning is good!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew420

Major
IIRC we used to be able to skip a turn FOR ALL UNITS at the touch of a single button
You are correct there used to be a skip one turn option for PC
What's the difference in clicking a button or clicking a unit?
The difference was that when you pressed skip one turn the units would move automatically one turn
When you press the unit it doesnt move from its spot
I always clicked the unit instead of skip one turn even when that option was available

Status
Not open for further replies.