• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.10 discussion thread

DeletedUser2973

i think the monastery could have a higher defence as if you have watchfire towers on a 3x3 area it comes too 36% and the monastery is only 20% should at least be 30% close too the wathfire towers nice looking building though

DeletedUser1081

Although as far as I know all plunder quests now have alternatives as well, there is something more to it in this case. Please remember that this is Early Middle Ages content - and it does not take into account that you have nothing left to research: you've only just begun the game! ... If there is no abort or skip option, and they cannot set up an agreement with someone else who's in the same boat, they may well have to wait until the next era will be released with new research. When that will be - I have not a single clue, I'm afraid.

Pendragon, it's good to hear that all the plunder quests now include alternatives, but when the alternatives aren't do-able for whatever reason it gets problematic. Maybe you could pass on to the designers/developers that "polivate 30 buildings" would be a better option to plundering 1 than researching tech or conquering sectors - as long as someone has (or can acquire) a few neighbours/friend/guildmates that would always be available, even if it might take some people a few days.

Since plundering is something one can always do if one isn't hindered by principles, the options to it should also be something that's always doable.

DeletedUser7719

It's quite funny that the research or plunder objective auto-completed for me (the other one didn't but I left some sectors to conquer anyways. Again, under normal circumstances, the objective could have been easily avoidable if we were in the EMA just starting this quest like normal players. It's not the devs fault (and it's not really our fault either)
i think the monastery could have a higher defence as if you have watchfire towers on a 3x3 area it comes too 36% and the monastery is only 20% should at least be 30% close too the wathfire towers nice looking building though
This building is not from a seasonal event hence the boost it brings shouldn't be that high. Plus, this building is obtainable by everyone at (almost) any time.

DeletedUser15986

20% or 36% is irrelevant. Defensive bonus is useless for the most part so all the Monastery amounts to is a pretty building that gives nothing of note.