• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Search results

1. Haydis the Fair

Swap sucks, then why (when) do (should) you use it?

Oh boy, I double majored in Computer Science and Economics. I think I could write a thesis on what you are talking about. But as a new dad, I just don't have that kind of time. By the way, the "3 types of income" idea was proposed by Adam Smith (father of Economics). Let's expand on your analogy...
  2. Haydis the Fair

That's actually part of my job in my guild. But if you have had batches of swaps, it would make policing almost impossible.
  3. Haydis the Fair

That would be my goal actually. It'd be a fairer system, which means there are no dumb players using the swap system the wrong way. Which gives the rate of returns of P4 and P5 you'd probably looking at 30% - 50% on average return. The only reason that I could get a 75% swap return on average is...
  4. Haydis the Fair

And you are a true gentleman or lady then, klods hans. If all guild officers and members can think like that, an honest and active would be then possible ("a unicorn"?). If and only if then, my maths would become possible.
  5. Haydis the Fair

Thank you, Bewildered Zeratul. I'm loving all of the debates here and that's for which I was hoping. Please keep them coming, as I'm trying to finish my general guide as well. New ideas or thoughts would only enrich it. In my first write-up about To Swap, or to 1.9, that is the question ... ...
  6. Haydis the Fair

Thank, Bewildered Zeratul for this note, I'll actually cover it in my general guide eventually (Curated and Simplified Guides for FoE by the Ages). We can always measure the efficiency of your land usage with FP/Square (how many daily FP harvests/# land the building is taking up). But other than...
  7. Haydis the Fair

1.9 is definitely good and safer, I actually am in a guild without the Swap threads on A world right now (Ares). And you are right, an ideal Swap system is a unicorn. That's why I love my guild on O world (Freedom Fighters) and would do my best to keep everyone honest.
  8. Haydis the Fair

Yes, 50% or 75% of the "average" return from each round of swap is an over-simplification. I was trying to avoid further complicated analytic model (you could establish a rate table to reflect your rounds truthfully). I'm trying my best to reining my instinct to go further into it. I just don't...
  9. Haydis the Fair

Good question, thank you for noticing. I hope I understood your question correctly. I actually don't count it in my Swap return analysis. That's why in Section 6)'s initial two samples, I only sum up the returned FP in packs resulted from each round of swap and purposefully didn't count the...
  10. Haydis the Fair

This write-up is going to be denser than my Swap vs. 1.9 write-up. And like many pros who hate Swap with a passion, I'm expecting some heated arguments here. But I'd welcome debate for this much talked about issue. Again, I'm writing this to supplement my Curated and Simplified Guides for FoE by...
  11. Haydis the Fair

To Swap, or to 1.9, that is the question ...

This is a moderate to advanced level (with a Black Magic tip) analysis on the virtues of 1.9 channel vs the swap channels. I apologize for my dense writing done while slightly intoxicated. The basic conclusion is (if you don't want to suffer my super dense analysis) that: 1.9 offers guaranteed...
  12. Haydis the Fair

Curated and Simplified Guides for FoE by the Ages

Please offer editing advices too :p. I wrote most of them quite buzzed.
  13. Haydis the Fair

Good point, I'll label these sub-points with how advance they are to allow beginners to skip them. Keep your suggestions coming :). If you have your own guide I'll link them here as well.
  14. Haydis the Fair

1. Let there be light! - Early Ages Guides and Tips for a Beginner FoE Player 1.1) Basic Understanding I (*Must See*) - Currencies and Resources of FoE As you follow the FoE tutorial quest lines, there are several things you really should be aware of before you go trigger happy on spending some...
  15. Haydis the Fair

Table of Contents: Let there be light! - Early Ages Guides and Tips for a Beginner FoE Player Basic Understanding I (*Must See*) - Land, Currencies, and Resources of FoE Bronze Age Basic Understanding II - Guild, Good Guild, and Great Guild Iron Age Basic Understanding III (*Must See*) -...
  16. Haydis the Fair

Preface: This guide (will have some occasional black magic tips here and there, if you want to play like a god one day), or rather a collection of guides, is an attempt to help FoE players at different stages with valuable guides that I've seen or written in the past. While it is primarily to...