• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.
Ariana Erosaire
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've stuck with the game a long time but updates of late seems to be directed mostly at the browser players. It seems FoE wants to be a phone app game only, as they clearly have advantages now. From what I understand the mobile apps don't have quest delays and the hint is they probably won't. Huh. Too bad the app is a bloated 1GB phone-overheating battery-draining memory-hogging behemoth. Which I deleted.
    Ariana Erosaire
    Ariana Erosaire
    And this is why we have real computers...
    Vesiger
    Vesiger
    What annoys me most about the app is that it requires me to delete hundreds of megabytes of data in order to install a 24Mb download. Every time there is an update.
    Ariana Erosaire
    Ariana Erosaire
    Yeah it's a space and resource hog for sure, maybe more suited to tablets or -- you know, real computers ;) phones are meant to be quick apps on the go not a fully fledged multi-verse gaming platform.
    Well it's update Monday, recent winner updates so far:
    --super annoying Zoom on the production window thingy,
    --purposeful delay in aborting quests so that we can take longer collecting our cities
    --Changing Galata Tower from No Age to EMA probably qualifies for the trifecta.
    Reactions: thelegend88
    Ariana Erosaire
    Ariana Erosaire
    It seems every 6 months Innogames is due for some whoppers. My last run of posts was in September when they hit the trifecta there:
    --PvP Arena (scrapped - terrible match system)
    --Msg Center changes with no warning (and it's 5 important msgs which were supposed to replace the guild forums - lol)
    --Guild forums to be scrapped (still in the game - whatever, we built our own guild website)
    thelegend88
    thelegend88
    Asking myself where will it end
    Ariana Erosaire
    Ariana Erosaire
    I've complained on the forums more in the past 6 months than in the previous 6 years... WTF is going on, indeed.
    Add guild forums to the picket signs for GBG. We moved our guild forum to a website, pretty ridiculous we had to do that but there's no way it will go into the message center and we're not waiting for the "editing" of messages that's supposedly coming. It still wouldn't fit with the message limits, or be possible to organize it without a lot more tabs and folders.
    Funny the purge happened right before this PvP Arena thing. Only missed it by a couple of weeks. I don't actually care about deleted posts, it's just a symptom of the larger problem with the way the game is being managed in the past year.
    Ariana Erosaire
    Ariana Erosaire
    I post about once a year when I'm angry enough about something in the game to actually bother trying to change it. The last time I had to post was April 2019 when we were talking about a guild releasing all of gvg maps beaches like half of AA, so that it's all greyed out and no one else can land - nothing was done about that either. I still say it's bad game design.
    Emberguard
    Emberguard
    Regarding GvG, the starting beaches will always be lit up and can never be greyed out. I agree it'd be nice if beaches couldn't be greyed out once discovered but at least there is a section that can't be blocked off in that manner
    Ariana Erosaire
    Ariana Erosaire
    Yeah but they can still, and did manage to lock the whole server out of over half the AA map for weeks. It is mind boggling that beaches can ever be unavailable after the initial start and exploration of a map. It's an exploit, and gvg isn't high on the list of priorities to get updates, devs too busy making PvP stuff no one wants or needs.
    Was a forum member since June 2014, guess Inno couldn't be bothered to send a game message about redoing the forums - like they do about every other thing and instagram contests and so on; all the accounts got wiped Aug 2020 who had not linked their game account. Nevermind that my forum name and game name were always the same.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…