• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Titan military units

Nidwin

Sergeant
While there has been a lot of negative feedback towards SAT military units I'm actually enjoying them a lot. As there isn't one unit to rule them all it provides diversity in SAT fights and a little rock scissors paper feeling. I hope for the next ages Inno is going to go a little step further in the rock scissors paper for military units.

Agent327

Overlord
I am really flabbergasted with you saying this. Other than in the skills, which can be ignored, there has hardly been any change in the units since we went into Space. Fast unit has been the unit to rule them all for ages. It even goes that far that you can rule all Titan units with Abyssal Gliders.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I actually like the skills and I do take very care of my troops but I admit I can't lock a sector in 1 minute 7s like you pro bros do. ;-)

I am really flabbergasted with you saying this. Other than in the skills, which can be ignored, there has hardly been any change in the units since we went into Space. Fast unit has been the unit to rule them all for ages. It even goes that far that you can rule all Titan units with Abyssal Gliders.
Yeah, 8x fast units all the way in SAT, just as in all the other space ages. Which also makes it very easy and fast to switch wounded units.

Sir K.

Private
While there has been a lot of negative feedback towards SAT military units I'm actually enjoying them a lot. As there isn't one unit to rule them all it provides diversity in SAT fights and a little rock scissors paper feeling. I hope for the next ages Inno is going to go a little step further in the rock scissors paper for military units.
You’re pulling my leg, right?

diversity in SAT fights and a little rock scissors paper feeling
What do you mean by that? It sounds like ‘I send out whatever troops and the outcome of the fight is unpredictable’. That’s not what you want in a battle imo.

Nidwin

Sergeant
You’re pulling my leg, right?

What do you mean by that? It sounds like ‘I send out whatever troops and the outcome of the fight is unpredictable’. That’s not what you want in a battle imo.
Nope and not really.

At low attrition whatever but at some point I lost too many troops so I took the time to have a closer look. As I mentioned I don't lock sectors in less than a minute, I've time in gold and platinum league as there's no real rush there. I also didn't like loosing troops when mining the Titan special goods and so on.

I do understand the glider/permafrost aspect, especially in GbG while Alcatraz(10*7) + permafrost bay 5*5 eats already city space, so adding even more military buildings takes even more space. I also dropped my Alcatraz(40) and permafrost/orbiters buildings, replaced with winter event pyramids and already had a lot of cider parks up. So for me finding out more efficient setups became a must. That's also how I found out that while permafrost/orbiters do work there are sometimes/often better options reducing a lot of permafrost/orbiter troops losses.

Sir K.

Private
Ok, that sounds like you have made quite an effort looking at different combinations of troops. But so have I, and no matter what combination I choose, my max attrition was suddenly unreasonably lower after moving up to Titan. That’s why my advice to anyone considering moving up to Titan would be: don’t. Enjoy the Grenadiers a little longer until Spacehub arrives, you’ll be able to get more fights in, on average in GBG.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I actually like the skills and I do take very care of my troops but I admit I can't lock a sector in 1 minute 7s like you pro bros do. ;-)
can i ask how many fights you do ? i take it you do a lot less fights and just enjoy picking and choosing what to fight with ?
most fighters are looking for troops that 1 they dont have to swap all the time and it slows there game down, 2 they are good all round, its all about speed for most guys, only when the attr gets really high do players slow the game down, most stop at around 60 to 80 as its costing them troops to carry on
but if they play like i think you might play and swap troops and spend time on it then you can carry on a lot and not lose so many troops as auto fighting brings
as for titan troops they are to weak the flying unit is crap once past a certain attr score it can not make it to the end of the fight screen in 1 move so it gets hit and sometimes wiped out in 1 hit because of that keen eye thing
as has been said the gliders from the previous era seem to be the most powerful and even the flying units for venus era are pretty powerful as there is not much between all 3 in attack and def but the fact the titan era unit can not fly the whole map makes it weaker that the others
so for fighters they want speed and of course not lose troops so no lost time swapping every battle

Nidwin

Sergeant
can i ask how many fights you do ? i take it you do a lot less fights and just enjoy picking and choosing what to fight with ?
most fighters are looking for troops that 1 they dont have to swap all the time and it slows there game down, 2 they are good all round, its all about speed for most guys, only when the attr gets really high do players slow the game down, most stop at around 60 to 80 as its costing them troops to carry on
but if they play like i think you might play and swap troops and spend time on it then you can carry on a lot and not lose so many troops as auto fighting brings
as for titan troops they are to weak the flying unit is crap once past a certain attr score it can not make it to the end of the fight screen in 1 move so it gets hit and sometimes wiped out in 1 hit because of that keen eye thing
as has been said the gliders from the previous era seem to be the most powerful and even the flying units for venus era are pretty powerful as there is not much between all 3 in attack and def but the fact the titan era unit can not fly the whole map makes it weaker that the others
so for fighters they want speed and of course not lose troops so no lost time swapping every battle
Since the change my highest number of fights in GbG for 1 season is 3 900 fights, and 3 487 fights. Don't forget I'm a loner so at the beginning I need a bit more time, 2 days to get running when I can't put up hundreds because of the attrition. I also need to provide everything myself so I need to be careful how I spent my guild goods, especially in gold where a sector is only 100 fights and not many put up building to higher the amount of necessary fights to take a sector.

I can go up now to 120 attrition easily so possible 4 full sectors locks in gold a day (400 fights) when at 80/20 attrition but that's often overkill every day on a gold map to avoid being a jerk.

edit 1
Those 3 900 and 3 487 fights where on a plat map and not gold map, on a gold map this, bare an exception, would be overkill.

Last edited:

- Ellie -

Sergeant
I was just seeing this for myself, last season I managed to win a Tourney grounds and even forgot I had it until at 50 att today, I out it down and couldn;t get past 120% att on auto which is an utter shambles. So this gets me thinking that it's a huge carrot race and everything you get which gives more att/def the stats are nerfed and become stronger and even more impossible to beat, in other words you're paying for a never ending loop. To add, these Titan units, I cannot repeat on here what I think of them except that it ryhmes with wit.

Agent327

Overlord
I was just seeing this for myself, last season I managed to win a Tourney grounds and even forgot I had it until at 50 att today, I out it down and couldn;t get past 120% att on auto which is an utter shambles. So this gets me thinking that it's a huge carrot race and everything you get which gives more att/def the stats are nerfed and become stronger and even more impossible to beat, in other words you're paying for a never ending loop. To add, these Titan units, I cannot repeat on here what I think of them except that it ryhmes with wit.

Tourney grounds only gives an attack and defence bonus of 125%. That is peanuts.