• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Feedback for Space Age Jupiter Moon (SAJM)

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Hello everyone, please see our announcement for the new Age here, and post feedback below!

Last edited:

Mansoor K

Private
A proposal for the process of constructing buildings, which may add some change to the game and the way the city grows, if it is possible to change the method of construction between the longitudinal or transverse position so that the buildings can be used in the available spaces. thank's

Black97

Private
A proposal for the process of constructing buildings, which may add some change to the game and the way the city grows, if it is possible to change the method of construction between the longitudinal or transverse position so that the buildings can be used in the available spaces. thank's

If I'm understanding this right, you're asking for the ability to rotate buildings, correct?

I think they already answered that at one point.

Something about how they make the buildings, in a way that the shadows are locked onto the building itself, and it would make the map look like there are two suns because the shadows wouldn't adjust to how the building is rotated?

I don't remember exactly where they said it or if that's even the real reason. It's been a long time.

Knight of ICE

If I'm understanding this right, you're asking for the ability to rotate buildings, correct?

Something about how they make the buildings, in a way that the shadows are locked onto the building itself, and it would make the map look like there are two suns because the shadows wouldn't adjust to how the building is rotated?

I don't remember exactly where they said it or if that's even the real reason. It's been a long time.

Buildings are 2D. Flat as a pancake.

Mansoor K

Private

That's right, I mean rotate buildings

MooingCat

Private
By that logic, we might as well rename all eras between Progressive Era and The Future, as PE 1.0, PE 2.0, PE 3.0, PE 4.0, PE 5.0, and PE 6.0, because as far as I can tell, playing them barely feels different between each other, aside from units. :rolleyes:

Jet I haven't heard anyone complain over those eras basically having such minor differences they might as well be the same

if you can count 2 lane road as a difference at all, when your town is so full of event buildings, none of which require 2 lane road

Srsly people, We've been at this since SAAB.

Everyone just keeps complaining over "it's the same era" "literary nothing changed" and quite frankly I'm sick of people complaining. :mad:

Why do you even still play the game if it's "all the same"? :?

And NO, "I've invested too much time/money into the game to quit" is not a valid excuse in this case.

I've invested way too much time/money into TF2, and I've dropped that game no problem, so I'm not willing to accept "too much investment" as a valid argument.
For me it's the fact that those ages are much shorter to complete, and that they were released over a much shorter timespan. I don't know when PE and ME were released, but from PME to FE it only took around 1.5 years, compared to 4 years for the space ages. Now we have a year between each release, so when there's nothing new it's a bigger disappointment.

I also don't agree that just because it's how things have been in the past, that's how it should be. FE to AF and VF to SAM were big changes, and much more exciting IMO than the incremental changes we've seen the last 3 ages, or between PE and FE. It's much more understandable when there are months between ages, but now with a year I find it really uninspiring when there are practically no changes except the great visuals.

And just because people complain doesn't mean they don't like the game. I complain about the ages being the same because I love the game and want to experience new and cool things. I don't think I'm entitled to get a new and exciting age each time, I understand why the focus is on events, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about it, state my opinions on it. I love events and want new and exciting stuff there as well, but I'd also like to see new stuff for ages. I don't agree that those have to be mutually exclusive. When I started playing the game I was really excited to move up ages and experience new things, part of why I continued playing was so that I could experience the final ages. So even though only a small minority of players ever reach them, I still think it's valuable to make them fresh and interesting.

@Black97
People complain? I thought this is a feedback thread but correct me if I'm wrong!

I see people giving feedback as requested, not "complaining". It can be both positive or negative so why are some trying to suppress negative feedback??

My feedback :

This era is just a copy paste, same old things over and over again. Innovation=0, but artists did a good job, at least looks nice...

GB is another disappointment, treasury goods were a good idea but second bonus is not appealing, we need GBs that players in late eras with built up cities could use.

Release date as well, 3 days before GBG starts.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Major-General
Why do you even still play the game if it's "all the same"? :?

And NO, "I've invested too much time/money into the game to quit" is not a valid excuse in this case.

I've invested way too much time/money into TF2, and I've dropped that game no problem, so I'm not willing to accept "too much investment" as a valid argument.

Doesn't really matter what you're willing to accept or what you consider valid. I think its highly unlikely the player posting cares in the slightest for your opinion on their feedback to Inno. At least they provided some.

It does seem a little same old in my opinion. No doubt the design team has worked hard again. Even last era I hardly used the colony but it was easy to say the design was really nice. But it's a part that's not really relevant to gameplay depending on your game style so my actual daily game play interacting with the game interface is the same.

I do have a query with the FaQ though, seems there was only one question asked, not sure if thats because nobody wanted to do a priper FaQ or it was the only question repeatedly asked. I don't think the answer actually provides any response just a quite long text block that skirts around the actual response. My main query is..

"And while the mechanics do share similarities with the previous Ages"

If there are similarities, what are the differences in the game mechanics please?

Knight of ICE

People, this is a feedback thread not a discussion.Whatever your opinion is of the feedback given, it is not relevant at all. Everybody can post what they have to say about the new era, without being judged about their opinion. If you want to hold a discussion about the new era, the content, or whatever other things you can come up with, start a new thread on it in the discussions section.

PomPoms

Sergeant
The new GB is rather pointless. Yes, while Treasury goods are helpful to the Guild, goods of the players current Era are often not the ones in critical condition. And the other boost....seriously? Do you really see that as being something useful? This is a Jupiter Moon GB, it should probably offer something a little more helpful to end gamers rather than something more useful for several Eras back. with a limited shelf life.
I would like to see a treasury GB where you can select the era of the goods it will produce (current era or below). Select the era, and it stays at that one until you select a new era.
I love this idea, it would get me very excited to build the new GB. It wouldn't need a secondary boost, as this would be plenty all on it's own. I don't see it happening, I don't see you changing it at this stage. But dreams are free and that is my two cents worth.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
The New Gb is’nt very impressive, in my opinion the Golden Orrery is a better building and has same design as the AI Core almost a copy and paste..
B8998301-59AB-4C94-B152-DE924FF5B645.jpegFE91FDAE-48CE-453B-B388-EB484A241565.jpeg

Black97

Private
I would like to see a treasury GB where you can select the era of the goods it will produce (current era or below). Select the era, and it stays at that one until you select a new era.

You mean for you or for the guild?

if it's for you; I'm struggling to think of a way it would be useful, as there is barely any need to produce goods from more than 1 era prior to yourself, or at max 3 back if you're not jet in the post oceanic era

if for the guild; I can see it be useful to cover for guild mates who don't have the arc jet, and no one who has the arc is in the same era as they