• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Castle System - Feedback

Dead-Eye

General
Way to much of a pain in the butt to bother with. I will bother with the daily collection and not much else. Normal game play will mean it will take a while to level but I have better things to do than negotiations and watching bids in the AD all day.

And yeah, the buy 3 things in the tavern quests are now a mess and no longer worth doing.

Behelit

Private
Way to much of a pain in the butt to bother with. I will bother with the daily collection and not much else. Normal game play will mean it will take a while to level but I have better things to do than negotiations and watching bids in the AD all day.

And yeah, the buy 3 things in the tavern quests are now a mess and no longer worth doing.

Not 3 buffs - it stays the same, but "spend x amount of tavern silver" is now broken.

You don't have to bother with the castle - it will very slowly gain points over time by normal gameplay - mainly battles, negotiations and daily quests.

Playing for almost 1 week with the castle system, I noticed what is the purpose of it. It's targeting players who buy diamonds, giving them significant amounts of castle points. Other means for obtaining points are very limited (just 15 fights & negotiations), forcing players to wait couple of years for leveling it up. It's kinda obvious.

Also by that system the devs are moving towards indirect locking diamond purchases to the world in which they were bought. Players who have for example 3 worlds would have to pay 3 times for the castle.

I see that last updates have the disturbing amount of changes to the reward system, taking away the means for dedicated players to gain diamonds or huge amounts of goods. RQ limit, removing WW from the events and bottlenecking the castle system is pushing towards the only option left - in game shop.

One of the thing that was the most impressive for me in FoE was the not so greedy system of pay to win, but sadly that is changing with the latest updates. It's still the great game, but the direction is clearly towards polarizing and separating premium from the free users.

The castle is great, but the daily limits for all the things other than buying diamond packages sends a bad mesage.

Last edited:
Not 3 buffs - it stays the same, but "spend x amount of tavern silver" is now broken.

You don't have to bother with the castle - it will very slowly gains points over time by normal gameplay - mainly battles, negotiations and daily quests.

Playing for almost 1 week with the castle system, I noticed what is the purpose of it. It's targeting players who buy diamonds, giving them significant amounts of castle points. Other means for obtaining points are very limited (just 15 fights & negotiations), forcing players to wait couple of years for leveling it up. It's kinda obvious.

Also by that system the devs are moving towards indirect locking diamond purchases to the world in which they were bought. Players who have for example 3 worlds would have to pay 3 times for the castle.

I see that last updates have the disturbing amount of changes to the reward system, taking away the means for dedicated players to gain diamonds or huge amounts of goods. RQ limit, removing WW from the events and bottlenecking the castle system is pushing towards the only option left - in game shop.

One of the thing that was the most impressive for me in FoE was the not so greedy system of pay to win, but sadly that is changing with the latest updates. It's still the great game, but the direction is clearly towards polarizing and separating premium from the free users.

The castle is great, but the daily limits for all the things other than buying diamond packages sends a bad mesage.

I 100% agree with you. Exactly what I wanted to post.

Dworkin

Private
Nice addition, doesn't break developed city yet gives a nice boost for new cities.
However, there is one thing I really dislike and pushing me toward less activity: 15 battle and 15 nego/day... yikes! make it 30 battles or nego/day mixed up as the player wants/does. Forcing a certain way to play is extremely annoying; I personally dislike nego, worse thing in the game, and I know players who play without fighting. To be forced out of the gameplay one enjoys in order to progress in the game is just wrong.

suethegreat

Captain
It is a bonus feature for just playing which we didn't have before however the tavern situation is a pain. Those chasing castle points could get daily quests involving large tavern silver collections so success relies on other players especially 3500 collections. You have to max out friends, maintain an active list and nag for sits and sit in theirs in hope they reciprocate or you hope to earn silver from sitting. Failure can now lose you 100 castle points and a step towards the 700 for 7 quests. All this takes time so is not for casual players. Yes we dont have to bother but human nature is such that if a few more points earn rewards you go for it. Losing out because some friends actually have a RL so dont sit is annoying so given the link to castle points (as with event tie in dailies) the tavern silver requirement needs reducing to 2500 max. This isn't to make our game easier it is to remove a new feature which could break friendships and increase spam messages.. Skipping dailies used to be no biggie now it is expensive.

Nice addition, doesn't break developed city yet gives a nice boost for new cities.
However, there is one thing I really dislike and pushing me toward less activity: 15 battle and 15 nego/day... yikes! make it 30 battles or nego/day mixed up as the player wants/does. Forcing a certain way to play is extremely annoying; I personally dislike nego, worse thing in the game, and I know players who play without fighting. To be forced out of the gameplay one enjoys in order to progress in the game is just wrong.
The Castle System doesn't force you to negotiate or fight and it doesn't slow down your progress. You just don't get castle points as fast as you could.
It's the same as saying that The Castle System forces you to conquer GE temples, finish daily challenges, buy items in the AD or purchase diamonds. It doesn't,, of course. It's an option, a choice, just like most things in the game.

Dworkin

Private
The Castle System doesn't force you to negotiate or fight and it doesn't slow down your progress. You just don't get castle points as fast as you could.
It's the same as saying that The Castle System forces you to conquer GE temples, finish daily challenges, buy items in the AD or purchase diamonds. It doesn't,, of course. It's an option, a choice, just like most things in the game.
and you don't have to do daily challenge, you can skip events, GE is optional as is GBG and GvG... in fact one doesn't even have to play the game, I mean why build a city in the first place? nothing forces us to build anything beyond a hut, a hunter, a long house and some stuff providing happiness, everything else is optional

and you don't have to do daily challenge, you can skip events, GE is optional as is GBG and GvG... in fact one doesn't even have to play the game, I mean why build a city in the first place? nothing forces us to build anything beyond a hut, a hunter, a long house and some stuff providing happiness, everything else is optional
Yes, most things in the game are optional. You can camp in BA and watch the deer fight and the birds fly, if that's what you want to do. You are not forced - as you claim - to do anything. You can choose which features in the game you want to take advantage of. Your choices affect how fast or slow you progress in the game. The Caste System doesn't force you to negotiate AND fight, if you don't want to. It's your choice to only do one of them.

Dworkin

Private
Yes, most things in the game are optional. You can camp in BA and watch the deer fight and the birds fly, if that's what you want to do. You are not forced - as you claim - to do anything. You can choose which features in the game you want to take advantage of. Your choices affect how fast or slow you progress in the game. The Caste System doesn't force you to negotiate AND fight, if you don't want to. It's your choice to only do one of them.
and if I don't nego, I don't get some of the available daily castle point: not satisfactory, not enjoyable
and if I nego, I get the castle points but I have to do nego: not satisfactory, not enjoyable

Hence I am forced into a non-satisfactory, non-enjoyable outcome either way... is it clearer stated like ?

and if I don't nego, I don't get some of the available daily castle point: not satisfactory, not enjoyable
and if I nego, I get the castle points but I have to do nego: not satisfactory, not enjoyable

Hence I am forced into a non-satisfactory, non-enjoyable outcome either way... is it clearer stated like ?
If I choose to not do a Daily Challenge because it's not enjoyable (90x 15 mins prod e.g.), I don't get the daily reward. Not satisfactory.
If I choose to solve the challenge, I get the reward, but I'm not enjoyed.
Hence I am forced into a non-satisfactory or non-enjoyable outcome.

Dworkin

Private
If I choose to not do a Daily Challenge because it's not enjoyable (90x 15 mins prod e.g.), I don't get the daily reward. Not satisfactory.
If I choose to solve the challenge, I get the reward, but I'm not enjoyed.
Hence I am forced into a non-satisfactory or non-enjoyable outcome.
now you're getting it, we're making progress, great! let's do it faster next time, please, ok?

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General

How did you survive so long without the castle points i wonder:?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General

And if you do not do GbG to your maximum attrition, then you are not getting some of the FPs, diamonds and other awards - so that would not be satisfactory or enjoyable either.
Give it a rest. You do what you want to do, and you get FREE rewards/points for doing something that you were already doing. So you are getting more, without having to do more. You want more - do more. Stop whining about how spoiled you are.

Behelit

Private
And if you do not do GbG to your maximum attrition, then you are not getting some of the FPs, diamonds and other awards - so that would not be satisfactory or enjoyable either.
Give it a rest. You do what you want to do, and you get FREE rewards/points for doing something that you were already doing. So you are getting more, without having to do more. You want more - do more. Stop whining about how spoiled you are.

Keep in mind that every addition to the game changes it's economy, and since FoE is a competitive game, every new, "optional" content has an impact on you, no matter if you're interested in it or not.

Let's say you are fighting for position with player x, and you are even in terms of strength. Then boom - castle system is out, and in the same day your opponent has it maxed out, immediately gaining significant advantage. You want to have the same thing he has, so you want to put an effort, and climb your way up to lvl 15. Then you hit the daily limits wall. Your opponent didn't have it, he could buy his way up to the maximum in the first hour, but you need to wait ...couple years. So, you are left with the option to buy it, leave it, or being bottlenecked by unreasonable limitations.

Seriously though, the kinder garden attitude of "don't like it = don't play it", and calling players who have some negative feedback spoiled is not amusing... This is a place to write such things... Peace.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Keep in mind that every addition to the game changes it's economy, and since FoE is a competitive game, every new, "optional" content has an impact on you, no matter if you're interested in it or not.

Let's say you are fighting for position with player x, and you are even in terms of strength. Then boom - castle system is out, and in the same day your opponent has it maxed out, immediately gaining significant advantage. You want to have the same thing he has, so you want to put an effort, and climb your way up to lvl 15. Then you hit the daily limits wall. Your opponent didn't have it, he could buy his way up to the maximum in the first hour, but you need to wait ...couple years. So, you are left with the option to buy it, leave it, or being bottlenecked by unreasonable limitations.

Seriously though, the kinder garden attitude of "don't like it = don't play it", and calling players who have some negative feedback spoiled is not amusing... This is a place to write such things... Peace.
Maybe you really do need to grow up. Your whining and complaining lately is absolutely 'kinder garden attitude'. Since it is generally just spoiled children and spoiled adults that need to complain to much, especially something that cost them ZERO dollars. The whole Castle System was added as a FREE optional content that you can use or ignore. So yes - DON'T LIKE IT should mean DON'T PLAY IT.
Making a negative comment is just that, making a comment for feedback. Making multiple negative comments is whining - it is no longer feedback.