• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Help with an annoying "friend" please?

Forkin Line

Corporal
Yes to wise words. I want to keep reminding myself there is something new to learn even while chilling out playing an online game or writing into its forum.

Thank you for writing because it has given me some reassurance.

I'm glad that this the game can be played according to choice. I've been playing with two cities. One city is intent on building up armies of conquest using every available space with an atmosphere like the Spanish inquisition. :lol: The other city for what it is worth was built to be peaceful. It has been in Iron age forever and I'm sure the design doesn't make much sense to some. I laughed aloud when I got an message from a friend that wrote, "love what you have done with the place." It was easy to maintain. There are not players in the tavern. When visiting all I really did was invest in other members great buildings. I was really surprised just how much I gained back over time. Now I am wondering after examining your post is if I can advance in ages relatively peacefully. Think I want always to keep some trees and flowers and rabbits which adds to the pretty though it does little for military advancement. In other words a purely trading city, no brainer.

I admired your way of replying in this thread. Though games don't really educate beyond what we want to learn, I found myself reading about some of the great building because some are real-life buildings in existence. It keeps my interest up beyond the mechanics of the game play. In Roman days, a man was treated cruel because he spoke of peace and was put to death for that. When soldiers came for him a friend of his cut off a soldiers ear. Being a man of peace I suppose he could have condemned his friend for doing that but instead just said, "put your sword away for those that live by the sword will die by the sword."

Even in a fun game of conquest I suppose those words are still true because I doubt if anyone can win all the time as there will always be someone down the road with a stronger army.
Hey Janet,
well I have my moments when I get annoyed because something is so expensive by way of supplies or Forge Points, but I get over it and keep plodding along. I don't attack anyone really because I usually find my poor soldiers get beaten up badly so I just negotiate or I don't attack. The person who inspired me to write this thread keeps on attacking my city, but I learned from here not to leave buildings working so they didn't leave goods sitting for her to pilage. Either that or I set them only when I know I will be around when they are ready to collect. She has attacked 3 times since the Friday (it's Sunday in Perth now) and only once did she get something, which I wasn't too bothered about as it wasn't much). I actually bought some of her offerings in the trade store too. Haha, perhaps she will learn something, who knows.
As for playing calmly, I'm not an aggressive type of person in anything, unless you are talking violence to kids or women, then I get cross. But I play games the same way which is detrimental in this game obviously. Not to worry - I just try to make do in other ways. I don't see any point in playing a game aggressively when it is not in my nature. I don't suppose I would make a very good Actress hehe. I guess you would say I'm a lover, not a fighter. :rolleyes:
I'm glad you felt some reassurance. That is always a good thing when something positive can be gained for an experience. :blush:
Thank you for your posts. I enjoy them.
Love and Light, Shauna xxx

Forkin Line

Corporal
Hey Forkin, The Arc is a Great Building (GB) and as such you can build it at any age (even stone age). The hard part is since it belongs to the Future Era, you will have to 'buy' the goods to build it from somebody who is very advanced. There are always people who will sell goods for forge points so ask around and you will find one. If you belong to an advanced guild, a generous guildie will 'give' you the goods for free (ie: will swap the FE goods for low level goods).

As you can see from the screenshot of Shad's city above, he already has The Arc and he is only in Iron Age.
Hi Burpo,
yep I noticed that Shad had the Arc, and I assumed he just didn't buy anything in any age until he got to the one where you can get the Arc. Obviously I am wrong. So, how DO you get the Arc before you get to that level?? I'm all ears. (Oh do you know that expression? In Oz it means I'm listening intently for your answer) LOL.
:D

Shad23

Emperor
offer forge points to peapole on chat for Arc set of goods someone will give you the goods in exchange for FP's and goods of your era for the set of Arc goods

Burpo

Sergeant
Hi Burpo,
yep I noticed that Shad had the Arc, and I assumed he just didn't buy anything in any age until he got to the one where you can get the Arc. Obviously I am wrong. So, how DO you get the Arc before you get to that level?? I'm all ears. (Oh do you know that expression? In Oz it means I'm listening intently for your answer) LOL.
:D
Hi Forkin,
As I said in my earlier reply (and now Shad has repeated it) you can advertise that you are willing to buy a set of Arc goods for forge points. Whoever is willing to sell you the goods will tell you what to do.
By far the best way to get them is to join a big guild and ask your guildies to give you the goods.
The Arc benefits the guild as well as the GB owner so many guilds are happy to give the goods for free.
I myself have given away about 20 sets of arc goods for free - sometimes even to complete strangers from other guilds simply because I enjoy helping people to advance in the game and because The Arc is by far the best building in the game.

I too never attack other players because it is not in my nature. Plunderers used to upset me but not so much any more because I have a Galata Tower. I try to 'friend' all of my attackers or I just ignore them because it only affects 1 building for 1 day.

Shad23

Emperor
I myself have given away about 20 sets of arc goods for free
in my guild in Langandorn i sell the set of Arc goods 200 FP's then once built i give the 200 back on the Arc of the player i sold the goods to ,to help his Arc grow

Forkin Line

Corporal
Hi Forkin,
As I said in my earlier reply (and now Shad has repeated it) you can advertise that you are willing to buy a set of Arc goods for forge points. Whoever is willing to sell you the goods will tell you what to do.
By far the best way to get them is to join a big guild and ask your guildies to give you the goods.
The Arc benefits the guild as well as the GB owner so many guilds are happy to give the goods for free.
I myself have given away about 20 sets of arc goods for free - sometimes even to complete strangers from other guilds simply because I enjoy helping people to advance in the game and because The Arc is by far the best building in the game.

I too never attack other players because it is not in my nature. Plunderers used to upset me but not so much any more because I have a Galata Tower. I try to 'friend' all of my attackers or I just ignore them because it only affects 1 building for 1 day.
Oh I see. So you don't need the base first or the blueprints like you do with all the GB's? I wondered as I hadn't got any blueprints.
The things we learn..... :rolleyes:
It's very kind of you to give away the goods. Good on you. I'm sure you have earned your Scout wings in the hereafter. LOL
I have my own little guild WWG1WGA but there is only me in it. I don't fight or compete in any of the battles so I didn't think it would be beneficial to anyone to join me. But I'm happy just plodding alone. I will get there eventually, and it helps me de-stress which I have a lot of at present in my life (meaning for the last 7 or so years). LOL. I enjoy the game. I think I only joined this year. But I can achieve things which makes one feel good. I appreciate you taking the time to write to me Burpo. Thank you. :)

Forkin Line

Corporal
offer forge points to peapole on chat for Arc set of goods someone will give you the goods in exchange for FP's and goods of your era for the set of Arc goods
Thanks Shad,
I think I will just hold off on that for a little while. I am going to build up my GB's that I have for now and maybe do that a little further down the track. I appreciate your suggestions, and it is great that you are offering your help to me with these posts. It is much appreciated, believe me. :)

So you don't need the base first or the blueprints like you do with all the GB's?
You'll still need the blueprints even if someone gives or sells you all the goods needed to build a GB.
The best way to get blueprints is to secure reward spots in the GB's you need the blueprints for.
That's where friends and guild mates come in handy. They can help you with reward spots in their GB's.

But...
I have my own little guild WWG1WGA but there is only me in it.
You can play this game solo if you want. But it's going to be an extremely slow and difficult challenge.
A big part of the game is based on cooperation between players. That's why we have guilds, where players can work together and help each other in all sorts of ways.

Last edited:

Forkin Line

Corporal
Well done Shad and Forkin, it seems like you are in good hands now.
Good luck hunting those bps.
Thanks Burpo,
not sure I will stay long with Shad's guild as it all seems a bit much for me and I do like to take things calmly. But I will certainly give it a go. I've learned things before that I thought I never would, so I'm not quitting. The GOOD NEWS IS, my neighbours have been reworked and the PROBLEM is GONE. YAYYYYYY!

Burpo

Sergeant
Thanks Burpo,
not sure I will stay long with Shad's guild as it all seems a bit much for me and I do like to take things calmly. But I will certainly give it a go. I've learned things before that I thought I never would, so I'm not quitting. The GOOD NEWS IS, my neighbours have been reworked and the PROBLEM is GONE. YAYYYYYY!
Enjoy it while you can, the problem will return sooner or later :)

DeletedUser

I'm also having a problem with an annoying neighbour plundering/stealing from me as it seems to happen after I go to bed and leave the game collecting products etc. for 8 hours.
It now means that I'll have to leave Forge of Empires doing nothing overnight and gaining me nothing over those 8 hours now!
It's so frustrating as I came into this game from the advertising for it 'always' showing it a s a city building game and then find out that it's also a game for battles and quests which I have no interest in.
I'm 70 years old, have never played computer games (once played Doom, couldn't get through the first door and deleted the game) and find it so frustrating that there is a function where people can steal from you and there's nothing I can do apart from stop playing (overnight for me anyway) a game I very much enjoy.
There's no honour in stealing from someone else; you want it, work for it.
Oh well, such is the modern world eh?

It's so frustrating as I came into this game from the advertising for it 'always' showing it a s a city building game and then find out that it's also a game for battles and quests which I have no interest in.
If you want a pure city building game maybe FOE is not for you. There are other city building games out there without battles and quests and such, but I can't name them here, since we are not allowed to promote other games on the forum.

DeletedUser

Emberguard, it is just the one neighbour; hopefully he'll dispensary sooner or later once he realises that there's nothing to be stolen from me.

DeletedUser

Klods, it's a shame you can't mention the names of the other games; I'd love to knoww hat they are.

DeletedUser

As I said, I like this game but I do find that being able to steal from another player is the worst thing and (in my opinion) should be discontinued.