• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Help with an annoying "friend" please?

Forkin Line

Corporal
Another suggestion for supplies is to build the Lighthouse of Alexandria GB.
It has a small footprint and provides goods and a supplies boost.
Thank you Burpo,
I need one more blueprint for that so I will as soon as I get it.
I currently have the Zeus, the Hagia Sophia and the Tower of Babylon ready to go once I get the supplies required. I'm trading for those right now so will set them up once I get what I need.
I appreciate your suggestions. :)

Burpo

Sergeant
Thank you Burpo,
I need one more blueprint for that so I will as soon as I get it.
I currently have the Zeus, the Hagia Sophia and the Tower of Babylon ready to go once I get the supplies required. I'm trading for those right now so will set them up once I get what I need.
I appreciate your suggestions. :)
HOLD THE FORT!!! I would leave the Hagia Sophia until much later in the game.
It has a very large footprint 7x6 = 42 squares and will take up a lot of room in your city.
I never did build it and I am glad because the happiness has become redundant.
Definitely build Zeus and Babylon, they are small and useful.
And make sure you NEVER build Colosseum.

Burpo

Sergeant
And if you ever decide to start a new city, come to Cirgard.
I need more Aussies to chat with :)

Forkin Line

Corporal
HOLD THE FORT!!! I would leave the Hagia Sophia until much later in the game.
It has a very large footprint 7x6 = 42 squares and will take up a lot of room in your city.
I never did build it and I am glad because the happiness has become redundant.
Definitely build Zeus and Babylon, they are small and useful.
And make sure you NEVER build Colosseum.
Thank you so much for that valuable info Burpo.
As it stands I would have built the Hagia Sophia as I thought it was a valuable building hahaha. Shows how little I know about this game.
And the Colosseum I like, but I will accept your valued guidance, thank you.
Love and Light, Shauna :)

Emberguard

Legend
As it stands I would have built the Hagia Sophia as I thought it was a valuable building hahaha. Shows how little I know about this game.
It’s not that it’s a “bad“ building but rather the result of powercreep removing the need to build happiness buildings in general

And the Colosseum I like, but I will accept your valued guidance, thank you.
Good. They’re right on never building Colosseum

Forkin Line

Corporal
It’s not that it’s a “bad“ building but rather the result of powercreep removing the need to build happiness buildings in general

Good. They’re right on never building Colosseum
Thank you Emberguard.
That's good enough for me. "As they say, when two agree, it shall be done" (or not done, in this case) :D

Burpo

Sergeant
Yes, Hagia is not as awful as some of the GBs in the game but I believe it hinders your progress if you build it too early.
You have to devote too much space to it and you are tempted to sink fps into leveling it which are better spent on more worthwhile targets.
If I were to start a new city now, I would actually try to build the Arc first even if I have to pay for the goods.

Forkin Line

Corporal
Yes, Hagia is not as awful as some of the GBs in the game but I believe it hinders your progress if you build it too early.
You have to devote too much space to it and you are tempted to sink fps into leveling it which are better spent on more worthwhile targets.
If I were to start a new city now, I would actually try to build the Arc first even if I have to pay for the goods.
Oh, and the Arc would be???

Shad23

Emperor
i like my small city efficient with no houses my next step is to try and get a babel in my city to get some goods and enough population to build a few blacksmiths to do the quests in events sory for my print screen i have a bad video card in my PC population i have used in my city is provided to me by my event buildings like the others said be patient this is a game played over time Arc is the blue building in the left side of my city
Capture d’écran de 2021-09-09 21-09-42.png

Shad23

Emperor
Terrific start there Shad, well laid out with an economy of purpose :)
yea well i have a few years of experience if you are on Langandorn check out my FE city on that server
on Langandorn i had a city that was awefull a few years ago and it's now my most advanced city so don't give up Forkin Line your city can still be saved if you put right amount of effort in it on L... i can't print screen my city it's to big

Last edited:

Forkin Line

Corporal
yea well i have a few years of experience if you are on Langandorn check out my FE city on that server
on Langandorn i had a city that was awefull a few years ago and it's now my most advanced city so don't give up Forkin Line your city can still be saved if you put right amount of effort in it on L... i can't print screen my city it's to big
Thank you shad funville the 23rd,
I have no intention of giving up. I don't mind how my city is going as I have plenty on my neighbours line and in my friends line who still have Iron age buildings though they are more advanced in the game than I am. I'm on Langandorn - I don't have another choice and thought that was the only place.
I'm more like a Tortoise than a Hare - slow and steady wins the race. LOL. :D

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Thank you shad funville the 23rd,
I have no intention of giving up. I don't mind how my city is going as I have plenty on my neighbours line and in my friends line who still have Iron age buildings though they are more advanced in the game than I am. I'm on Langandorn - I don't have another choice and thought that was the only place.
I'm more like a Tortoise than a Hare - slow and steady wins the race. LOL. :D
You do not have another choice on Langandorn, as FoE Terms of Service stipulate only one city per world - but you can start over on another world.
Do not consider it giving up though - more along the lines of a learning experience, and taking what you learned to start over. And keep your Langadorn city, but perhaps consider it a 'test' city if you want to try some things out.
But overall - the way FoE operates (besides the 'long-term' view) - is it your City, your game, you decide what you want to do. People may criticize and disagree with your choices, but end of the day, those are your choices to make. And there are many, many 'wanna-be experts' playing the game, ignore or listen to them - again, your choice :blush: Overall, just have fun with what you are doing.

Forkin Line

Corporal
You do not have another choice on Langandorn, as FoE Terms of Service stipulate only one city per world - but you can start over on another world.
Do not consider it giving up though - more along the lines of a learning experience, and taking what you learned to start over. And keep your Langadorn city, but perhaps consider it a 'test' city if you want to try some things out.
But overall - the way FoE operates (besides the 'long-term' view) - is it your City, your game, you decide what you want to do. People may criticize and disagree with your choices, but end of the day, those are your choices to make. And there are many, many 'wanna-be experts' playing the game, ignore or listen to them - again, your choice :blush: Overall, just have fun with what you are doing.
Thank you Paladiac the Pure.
Wise words for sure. I am having fun, appreciated the help I got from some lovely people here, yourself very much included, and have done some restructuring. Upgraded a few choices to my current level and finding it a bit easier to accumulate supplies now so I think I am good.

Many thanks to everyone on this thread. It makes a difference, even if some of the comments have been a little cruel, they still show a different aspect of playing the game. I've slowed down apart from just trying to grab these two new plots of land, and then I can work on my city well.

Much love and light to you all.
Shauna from Perth, Western Australia.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
Yes to wise words. I want to keep reminding myself there is something new to learn even while chilling out playing an online game or writing into its forum.

Always have fun! There is too much sadness and frustration out there in old 3D world to feel it in here too. That's why I play this. To me I get a lot of calmness out of it because I just play what I like. I don't attack others and just wander around my merry way, and help my neighbours and friends daily. The lovely people in here have given me some great ideas so I am sure I will have more enjoyment from the game now.
I hope you do too.
HOLD THE FORKIN LINE, JANET! LOL Cheers, Shauna xx
Thank you for writing because it has given me some reassurance.

I'm glad that this the game can be played according to choice. I've been playing with two cities. One city is intent on building up armies of conquest using every available space with an atmosphere like the Spanish inquisition. :lol: The other city for what it is worth was built to be peaceful. It has been in Iron age forever and I'm sure the design doesn't make much sense to some. I laughed aloud when I got an message from a friend that wrote, "love what you have done with the place." It was easy to maintain. There are not players in the tavern. When visiting all I really did was invest in other members great buildings. I was really surprised just how much I gained back over time. Now I am wondering after examining your post is if I can advance in ages relatively peacefully. Think I want always to keep some trees and flowers and rabbits which adds to the pretty though it does little for military advancement. In other words a purely trading city, no brainer.

peace.png

I admired your way of replying in this thread. Though games don't really educate beyond what we want to learn, I found myself reading about some of the great building because some are real-life buildings in existence. It keeps my interest up beyond the mechanics of the game play. In Roman days, a man was treated cruel because he spoke of peace and was put to death for that. When soldiers came for him a friend of his cut off a soldiers ear. Being a man of peace I suppose he could have condemned his friend for doing that but instead just said, "put your sword away for those that live by the sword will die by the sword."

Even in a fun game of conquest I suppose those words are still true because I doubt if anyone can win all the time as there will always be someone down the road with a stronger army.

Burpo

Sergeant
Thank you Emberguard,
I assume you don't get that building until you are quite far along in your progression of the ages? I've seen a few of them on my friends city sites but only on the very advanced ones.
Hey Forkin, The Arc is a Great Building (GB) and as such you can build it at any age (even stone age). The hard part is since it belongs to the Future Era, you will have to 'buy' the goods to build it from somebody who is very advanced. There are always people who will sell goods for forge points so ask around and you will find one. If you belong to an advanced guild, a generous guildie will 'give' you the goods for free (ie: will swap the FE goods for low level goods).

As you can see from the screenshot of Shad's city above, he already has The Arc and he is only in Iron Age.