• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: Be able to change battlefield map skin to reflect different background style

Methuselah1

Private
Hi everyone, hope I am doing this right.

My proposal is that the background skin on the battlefield is made so that it can be adjusted so you can stick with an older or different style.

I have checked the search function and couldn't find anything similar mentioned. Although this is my first time at trying this out.

The reason that this thought arises because I have developed an eye health problem. I have been working fine with Post-Modern and Contemporary maps, but now moving to the Tomorrow Era campaign maps I have found that the format of the background means I am having difficulty looking at it and this is causing problems with my eye condition, leading to a woozy sensation and headache when doing as few as three consecutive battles. I thought it would be great to be able to select the background style to avoid this issue to increase playability and wondered if anyone else has experienced a similar thing.

I'm not technically minded enough to know how this would work, but a friend of my who does graphic design tells me that changing the skin on a computer game is quite straight forward. I'd envision a selectable option in settings that allowed the player to choose the era or style of background that suits them.

I don't see that this would be subject to abuse as the landscape features would all still be there they'd just look different in the differing styles but hills would still be hills, plains still plains etc.

Hope someone else finds this suggestion helpful and maybe IG would like to consider it to help folks like me out.

Best regards
Methuselah 1