• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Soccer Cup 2021 - Feedback

suethegreat

Captain
If your not in a guild you cant play the event. The quest line says donate goods to a guild and no alternative so now im stuck. I thought events were for everyone.
Simply create your own guild of one, disable others to join job done. You can do all the Guild stuff without the drama there are masses of 'Guilds' in the list with just 1 player.

King Dael

Sergeant
Not quest 30th. Donate goods and spend fps.

You're right...
I think that's a goof from the devs. As I recall, Guild-membership is not mandatory for the game-play, and the devs once said that there would never be any Guild-specific quests without an optional quest.

palomar

Private
I miss the extra coaches from past years, and I hate the tournament thing. Make it simpler again. And I don't want the new building, even with the "rebalancing".

Knight of ICE

I miss the extra coaches from past years, and I hate the tournament thing. Make it simpler again. And I don't want the new building, even with the "rebalancing".

There have never been extra coaches in the soccer event.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
did 12 matches with over 60% on me winning and lost ALL...i think this procentage ia A LOT lower than what it seems...probably another FOE's crafty plan to make players spebd money...
...then go for the 'easy' match-ups and you can easily maintain win %'s of 85-90% or even higher. :rolleyes:
The event building is nothing to write home about, so the difference between Bronze vs. Silver league is pretty pointless.

And when it comes to choosing your 'team', just throw out either 5x same position, OR, 4+1 depending on how squirrely the opposing mix is.
Trying to mix and match is a really good way to drop your win % by at least 5-6pts. :P

Grof Z

Corporal
Tournament Matches mechanics > insert derogatory word < #(/%$&/%"/(%"&/(#%$("/)$&(5
I mean ... if U show us % of chance to win ... then stick to those %
I just lost 74% chance win ... for what? to lose ticket ?!?
Iw lost maches with 55+% .. and was "mehhhh" .. ok Ill win next one, but when U lose over time big % ... like 65vs35% chance to win ... whats the point of mechanics then?!
U could call it just RANDON chance to LOSE

And before replays start with - just play "easy" matches like ^^ top one - or "its football match and underdog can always win ...
I mean Oo
There are mechanics set up so U can win prizes, that simply dont work on end ...

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Tournament Matches mechanics > insert derogatory word < #(/%$&/%"/(%"&/(#%$("/)$&(5
Iw lost maches with 55+% .. and was "mehhhh" .. ok Ill win next one, but when U lose over time big % ... like 65vs35% chance to win ... whats the point of mechanics then?!
So, would you have the same complaint of 35% then? If you won a 35% chance, then you would have to come online and whine and complain about how a 35% chance to win is bogus and you should have lost - because it was 65% to lose. Winning that was just not fair, is it. Learn to understand how things work.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
U could call it just RANDON chance to LOSE

And before replays start with - just play "easy" matches like ^^ top one - or "its football match and underdog can always win ...
I mean Oo
There are mechanics set up so U can win prizes, that simply dont work on end ...
...you lost the same way that I lost when I was playing FE: Path of Radiance, and had Ike whiffle on a 98% chance to hit, only to be auto-killed by an enemy crit that had around a 10% hit and only 1% crit activation rate;
It's called RANDOM Number Generator (aka: RNG)

Welcome to gaming. You must be new?! :P

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
...you lost the same way that I lost when I was playing FE: Path of Radiance, and had Ike whiffle on a 98% chance to hit, only to be auto-killed by an enemy crit that had around a 10% hit and only 1% crit activation rate;
It's called RANDOM Number Generator (aka: RNG)

Welcome to gaming. You must be new?! :P
But why add the %%% could just have it like pvp with easy medium hard choices, out of 1000 matches at 70% win rate would you be guranteed to win 700 of them? it is frustrating for some especially when you wait 8 hour for a ticket unless your daft enough to actually spend money on the tournament feature of the event.. ill just wait for good daily special and use 1000’s of already collected energy drinks and be on my merry way :)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
But why add the %%% could just have it like pvp with easy medium hard choices, out of 1000 matches at 70% win rate would you be guranteed to win 700 of them? it is frustrating for some especially when you wait 8 hour for a ticket unless your daft enough to actually spend money on the tournament feature of the event.. ill just wait for good daily special and use 1000’s of already collected energy drinks and be on my merry way :)
The reason for adding the %%% is rather simple - because you can change the makeup of your team which can improve or worsen the %age chances of winning/losing. Without the %age display, many would not know if they actually had a chance to win or not. At the easiest level it may not matter much - but on the hard level, you can possibly increase the odds of your team winning by quite a bit - since the starting team lineup is based on the top 5 point earners - not any particular setup of forward/mid/defender.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
The reason for adding the %%% is rather simple - because you can change the makeup of your team which can improve or worsen the %age chances of winning/losing. Without the %age display, many would not know if they actually had a chance to win or not. At the easiest level it may not matter much - but on the hard level, you can possibly increase the odds of your team winning by quite a bit - since the starting team lineup is based on the top 5 point earners - not any particular setup of forward/mid/defender.
not simple just a false impression, if your player cards trump your opponent you should win seeing as its a card game at the end of the day

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
What lvl cards would be needed to have a 100% chance of winning if you say its so simple :)

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i am going to book my holidays for next year for the same time as this event will start again next year, got to be one of the worse events i have played, so many times i lose a match being over 60% to win, that alone is enough to stop me playing, but the main prize this time is really hardly worth the effort

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Because that's not how RNG's & variance actually works.

Forwandert

Major-General
The tournament can be frustrating sometimes but at least it's something to do on the event whilst waiting for a daily to spend drinks on. Usually its just do the quests and wait for a week or so.

Screenshot_2021-06-11-14-46-36-945_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg

Didn't know we can get double daily specials? What am I missing?

Edit: Now I see the chance to double the daily is listed in player cards, but how this works is beyond me. This events are getting more and more silly...

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
What extra coaches are you missing? Soccer just had the one regular (which affects nothing in game play). Forge Bowl however had the 4 coaches that you could use to improve your winnings.