• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Cultural Settlements are pay to win.

Emberguard

Legend
The vikings was originally designed based on 4 hr coin collections. If you’re not doing 4 hr collections at all good luck.
Japan is pretty easy to finish on time if you’re utilising the Merchant
Egypt is designed to be a higher difficulty level

The efficiency of your settlement city design layout will play a major part in success.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
easy peasy

but is easier than all

if you follow one advice
only fight with 8 Nubian Archers on manual
(except on day 1. there you can use the unattached units for the first 2 battles)

then it can be done in half of the time needed for the fastest reward

makes me wonder if that was even intended all things considered, as you can do it in half the time without RNG for 4x ticks. Ends up the easiest settlement of them all.

DeletedUser

easy peasy
Lemon Squeezy

Egypt is not impossible to finish in time, its <<harder>> though due to the time needed for Fighting - managing Space - producting Goods and stuff
Vikings Need time aswell ( 4hours or 1hour Collections)
Japan no comments

DeletedUser113129

I finished Egyptian settlement with 9 days left today for the first obelisk reward. I didn't find it difficult and seemed straight forward but maybe I got lucky?

DeletedUser96901

I finished Egyptian settlement with 9 days left today for the first obelisk reward. I didn't find it difficult and seemed straight forward but maybe I got lucky?
actually it was a little bit slow

when winning all 3 battles each day and having 4 goods buildings it can be done faster

if you were lucky then you would have had a few x4 on the loot and would be able to support at least 5 goods buildings

Egypt is not impossible to finish in time, its <<harder>> though due to the time needed for Fighting - managing Space -
space ?
the only thing that really needs space in Egypt is that stupid diplomacy
with more loot I would run 6 or more goods buildings (maybe in a later run when I get a few x4 on the loot)

time for fighting ?
damn I waste more time for building and deleting those stupid diplomacy buildings

DeletedUser

@Test Ament yeah both of them is making it <<harder>> due to the extra time needed compared to the other settlements..
i said Harder because the main factor of difficulty for most players is Time !

I went in completely blind and I'm finishing the first Egyptian settlement tomorrow with 6 days remaining, using all different units with no diamonds spent. For context I'm someone who only maybe once or twice didn't get the best reward in the viking settlements. It felt slower than the other settlements but despite being frustrated at the start, in the end it wasn't too difficult. They somewhat successfully nerfed the strat of deleting all your roads and building single square decorations for diplomacy which I have used in both the viking and Japanese settlements and I'm actually giving them praise for that. Now that the roads cost settlement currency I kept those roads safer than my military units. Instead you just have to delete goods buildings to get the diplomacy needed down for the next unlock before rebuilding new goods buildings. I made it more difficult for myself by using auto battle with all the unattached units on day 1, otherwise I might have gotten a better start and finished a day or two earlier.

All in all it feels slower than the other settlements but it is quite enjoyable... Although the last quest feels a bit weird as you tear apart your city to build multiple pyramids as if to symbolize the end of this settlement

cyllan

Corporal
it is another grind fest..... done Egypt once....enough....... it is all the same mechanics plus the SUPER ANNOYING IMPEDIMENTS.....( diamond sinks )

after doing it once why do we have to do it again 10 times to get a decent special building....?....

it seems like inno has nothing else to do just to repeat mechanics and same map over and over and over again......

whole documental on youtube

"Let’s go whaling: Tricks for monetising mobile game players with free-to-play mechanics"

cyllan

Corporal
I diamond farm very successfully so always pay diamonds but do not pay Inno a penny.

you pay with your time...which is worth much more than a few hundred dollars...., you pay with your "lifeline"
there no "free 2 play"....you pay either way.....literally your money or your life
making diamond farms cost many hundreds of hours.......

WinnerGR

Captain
you pay with your time...which is worth much more than a few hundred dollars...., you pay with your "lifeline"
there no "free 2 play"....you pay either way.....literally your money or your life
making diamond farms cost many hundreds of hours.......
I agree with @Cursedveggie , I play only 10 minuets in my diamond farm every day and still gain an average 50 diamonds in a week.