• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

SAM city and era discussion, what is your opinion on this...

DeletedUser115071

SAM city is actually used only to get "Credits". You can't put any GB, you can't put any buildings, you don't recieve anything back when selling something. There are no 24 hour options on houses.
When you build something and it takes 8 hours but you have to LOG IN that city so it's up, the timer starts only then.

I am asking this as on some quests you are required to build a good building of your age, but the main city doesn't offer that option, it offers only up to VF, so you are forced to build trash buildings that won't give you back the supplies and coins which are still the currency to build there and not credits...

I don't know, can you like fix that city so it's used and not forgotten after you are done collecting Mars Ore...?

Agent327

Overlord
When you build something and it takes 8 hours but you have to LOG IN that city so it's up, the timer starts only then.

Same goes for your city since the start of the game. Complaining about something, cause it took you years to notice? :lol::lol::lol:

I am asking this as on some quests you are required to build a good building of your age, but the main city doesn't offer that option, it offers only up to VF, so you are forced to build trash buildings that won't give you back the supplies and coins which are still the currency to build there and not credits...

So??? You have an easy option, far better than those that have not reached SAM and you lose some coins and supplies? That is supposed to be a problem??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know, can you like fix that city so it's used and not forgotten after you are done collecting Mars Ore...?

It's supposed to work this way!! How on earth did you ever make it to SAM?? Someone els playing for you????

Galladhorn

Monarch
Maybe its not exactly "pretty" the construction of SAM, but on the other hand it also saves you from building Goods buildings in your City - Not that many in SAM would actually have to build those to get goods since most of the cities in SAM usually have enough Terrace Farms and/or other buildings providing the Goods, not to mention the Dayli reoccuring quests which also can supply a decent amount of goods.

As for Houses I do not see many SAM cities with any houses left and if then only a few of the very best houses that ever was in the game.
Eg. I do not have any houses in my LMA city and it is not even filled with GB´s.

Getting supplies or coins back in SAM a problem really!?!
– sorry but at this level coins and supplies should be counted in many millions if not billions – it is more about keeping temporary declines of supplies in control which is easily done in r eg. no event periods if it is a problem at all. Coins at this level should really not be any issue AT ALL and if a player has bought too many FPs then rasing the St. Marks a few levels easily makes up for it.

If you are annoyed not getting a few thousans of goods and coins back when raising a few Requested buildings, just to tear them down right after, I must also like Agent327 Ask – how on earth did you arrive in SAM?.

Another thing about the Mars colony is that when a players is fully teched and has stockpiled what he or she thinks is enough for the coming Era + the additonal Mars Ore, the Colony Life Support can be raised reducing the supplies and coins needed to produce goods – I do not know what other players do at this point, but I have changed to 24 hour productions now – it seems to be sufficient. At least with SAM it is no longer needed to spend other goods to hire crewmembers and repair vessels - A most very welcome change IMO. The fights needed on the Ore explorations are also pretty adjusted and there is still and option to Negotiate – so that is up to each players choice vs No choices at all with Premthium and Orichallumn.

So perhaps consider that possible long term procution reduction into the calcualtion of using coins and supplies vs the rather minimal ammounts you get back from tearing down a few buildings.

DeletedUser115071

At least with SAM it is no longer needed to spend other goods to hire crewmembers and repair vessels - A most very welcome change IMO. .

SAM: Goods 44,550
VF: Goods 19,010
OF: Goods 24,430
AF: Goods 14,030

Sorry to break it to you but you spent more goods for less content. Even with repairing and giving the goods to the Terminal and Harbour you pay less goods per content...

On the other point where I haven't or I don't know a player who has.. build a good building, they are practically useless.
Also Inno has said this is only for SAM age, that colony, so I don't know.. right now for me it's a useless thing and has no practical use, that's why I am asking why is it not though thru.

Galladhorn

Monarch
SAM: Goods 44,550
VF: Goods 19,010
OF: Goods 24,430
AF: Goods 14,030

Sorry to break it to you but you spent more goods for less content. Even with repairing and giving the goods to the Terminal and Harbour you pay less goods per content...

On the other point where I haven't or I don't know a player who has.. build a good building, they are practically useless.
Also Inno has said this is only for SAM age, that colony, so I don't know.. right now for me it's a useless thing and has no practical use, that's why I am asking why is it not though thru.

Allright Ivan, but if you fight to get the Mars Ore from the "exploraiton sites", then that does not cost any Goods, but it will cost some units instead - it is an option you do not have with Promethium and Orichallumn.

I do not know if the Goods refernces your listed are for Teching or ?.
Naturally Teching always cost some goods.

And true you can produce the Mars Goods without any Colony Goods Buildings at all – but that depends on how your city is set up and a few other things like stockpiling Goods withtin a shorter time to change other buildings from producing Mars Goods earlier. Or in cases you might need extra goods to support a Guild and/or you are Trading goods in larger quanteties.

DeletedUser115071

Yes, this is the tech, without negotiating for really hard Mars Ores(I have 350/200 ad).

You pay 4 times for 3 times less content in goods, supplies and coins and actually when you think about it you pay for an empty land of nothing where you put nothing. If it werent for the units having better stats than VF, then SAM would have been a complete joke with nothing to offer.
No new quests. A city that gets abbandoned 1 week in because you are nor obliged, nor is fun to be there. A new feature for Mars ore that gets abbandoned real quick because how easy it is to get them...
The real challange of SAM was only that they put a ridiculous ammount needed for tech tree... Even with gathering over 500+ good per day I still needed a whole month for them or even more and had to ask and buy for goods... Because this is ridiculous, this is not a challange, this is who gets richer stuff...

So I absolutely wonder where the aspects of previous era went... AF, OF, TE, TF had way better things to offer and were more fun...

PS: I even question the units sometimes as for example more are rock paper scissors thematic, in SAM you still have that aspect but you also have a bonus skill to one shot everything regardless if it has the bonus or not, regardleas if I have twice the normal defense + bonus armor and defenae of terrain and bonus armor and defense against that unit because if we make every unit OP none are OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser115071

Hello, excuse me members of the forum, anyone has an opinion about this or SAM era?

I am maybe late here but had to do all the researches, maps and so on and play for a bit before I give an opinion about it as it's constructive.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

SAM era is essential era to go to for GVG or PvP fighting - you need SAM troops to counter the SAM defences which are in the maps or players cities

i quite like the Mars era troops are great,map can be a struggle to start with but once you find out wot the units can do its a turkey shoot and i dont have a massive att boost,i still like ti collect ore just doing it on manual fights i like the units as said
all sorts of things on quests can catch you out then you realise you can put them on the colony lol
i was a"house"player but with the event buildings from the last years events they raise pop,i never needed houses from FE on,i have so much pop now i could delete inno,coins/supplies not a problem in mars era,i can make unboosted goods on my colony(no trade in slugnir other players too slow in getting there) i have about 18 sledge builders making mars goods also
on my restarted east nagach town i'm now Ind/soon to be Prog i have 3 nests/2 event cottages they give pop i dont need houses,i wont need inno or other pop GBs

DeletedUser114160

Strategy in finishing SAM research and map when still in OF story quest. I have two research left in SAM and 3 provinces left on the SAM map. My question is that there are story quest requirements to finish research and also infiltrate sectors, etc. Should I slow down and not finish until my story quest catches up? Also, events require completing various map sectors. I don't want to get trapped and not be able to complete quests, events, etc.
Please let me know your thoughts on how to manage this...

Galladhorn

Monarch
Strategy in finishing SAM research and map when still in OF story quest. I have two research left in SAM and 3 provinces left on the SAM map. My question is that there are story quest requirements to finish research and also infiltrate sectors, etc. Should I slow down and not finish until my story quest catches up? Also, events require completing various map sectors. I don't want to get trapped and not be able to complete quests, events, etc.

Not entirely sure here, but if You are in OF and complete the SAM Tech Tree as well as the SAM map, then any correspondinng requirements in e.g event quests are automatically solved (E.g Scout a province, Research a technology). Fully teched and fully explored you do not need to worry about these anymore – No quests should occur in this regard that can not be solved or is not auto resolved.

Fully Teched out and and maps explored you can then start to do reocurring quests which might be tideous but set up correctly pretty profitable.

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

only 3 provinces

hurry up and do them
then all map quests are automatically finished

in story quests
saves a lot of goods if quests would force to buy sectors

and in events
if everything is done you aren't trapped. it is already done when you get the quest
and that is nice :blush:

Fully teched and fully explored you do not need to worry about these anymore
be careful about fully teched
because today that means: ALL techs including dead ends in all eras
(in the past it was: reached the last tech)

Galladhorn

Monarch
be careful about fully teched
because today that means: ALL techs including dead ends in all eras
(in the past it was: reached the last tech)

Hmm – I have unfinished Techs form back in PE and I still get reocurring quests in SAM.
But maybe I missunderstand it idk?

DeletedUser96901

Hmm – I have unfinished Techs form back in PE and I still get reocurring quests in SAM.
But maybe I missunderstand it idk?
it is not about recurring quests

it is about event quests (and main story quests) which ask for: research a tech
those don't autocomplete for you because you have open techs in PE
(but you can do the alternative option in most cases)

Galladhorn

Monarch
it is not about recurring quests

it is about event quests (and main story quests) which ask for: research a tech
those don't autocomplete for you because you have open techs in PE
(but you can do the alternative option in most cases)

...Maybe I do not pay enough attention, but I have been fully teched within reasonoble time for the about last 3 years (Every new Era), cant remember precisely but I never came across a quest were I could not solve it or had to take the alternative option. But perahps it does not even show anymore and one is just presented with the doable option?