• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What is this Cafe about?

Ati2

Legend
Hi,

I'm genuinely confused about this whole cafe thing. We were able to post on-topic posts before. And it appears that even now we still have to be strictly on-topic for any given discussion. So what changed?

Deleted member 109369

No not really. It will evolve a bit as you will see, but its not really just a hello world! sort of place. Conversations will take many turns and twists as we begin. Stay tuned, we're still setting up a bit :) There could be more than one conversation going for example. It depends on the subject. So, for example, you could start one. it won't have to stay completely on topic or being strictly forum related, but it needs to be a conversation with a flow and a point, not just Hi! for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ati2

Legend
No not really. It will evolve a bit as you will see, but its not really just a hello world! sort of place. Conversations will take many turns and twists as we begin. Stay tuned, we're still setting up a bit :)
Since it's a new part of the forum, and a new thread, it's just polite to start with "hello world," I think.

I'm probably too used to the old threads where we could talk about a lot of stuff and just enjoy the company, but I don't see how that could work here.

So do I start a thread about CdM? Why would anyone want to casually talk about a CdM? Or any other fixed topic. If they have a specific question, sure. But we could already do that before. I honestly don't see what the change is.

Deleted member 109369

yes you can. So how about. Hello world! Where are you from and what's your favourite hobby. Or something like that. Do you see the difference? The rest of it, past hello world, begins a conversation that has a starting point and can flow from there.

Ati2

Legend
yes you can. So how about. Hello world! Where are you from and what's your favourite hobby. Or something like that. Do you see the difference? The rest of it, past hello world, begins a conversation that has a starting point and can flow from there.
If the conversation starts flowing from "what's your hobby" to the latest TV series we watched, or our favorite food we had last night, will that be allowed? If so, why restrict it with a fixed topic? If not, what's a good topic where even that can fit?

As a general idea, I think we just want to talk about the stuff we used to talk about in the what time is it thread. That was mostly FoE related, but a huge range of topics within that, and even some real-life happenings added.

Would a new thread called "Continuing the what time is it? thread, without prizes" cover this "topic"?

Deleted member 109369

You could start a conversation for example like General conversation. The what time is it contest was full of one word posts so we need to avoid that but I'm good with a casual conversation thread too .

Ati2

Legend
You could start a conversation for example like General conversation. The what time is it contest was full of one word posts so we need to avoid that but I'm good with a casual conversation thread too .
I wouldn't want a thread full of "post" posts either, and luckily, with no prize, that's probably not going to happen. Okay, let's see is a "General conversation" thread will work.

DeletedUser112090

Hi everyone. I don't post many times but here is my start on the Cafe.
For players with an HC (Himeji Castle) ... I play GE and my HC just rewarded me with 200 FP my best ever return so far.

So what has been your best reward with "Spoils of War". :)

Add: This may be the incorrect place for this question so I will post it over to discussions...sorry..

Ati2

Legend
For players with an HC (Himeji Castle) ... I play GE and my HC just rewarded me with 200 FP my best ever return so far.

Add: This may be the incorrect place for this question so I will post it over to discussions...sorry..

Hi, welcome! :) I responded in the general discussions: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/general-conversation.37822/page-4#post-385630

DeletedUser118295

When I just got my HC, I got 2x 200 fp in one go. I thought that was normal lol...turned out it didn't happen a lot after that :D

Moobarak

Private
Anyone else getting a little annoyed with the events lately? i remember when we had 4 events per year and they were something to look forward to, with good rewards such as premium buildings or military buildings from units you hadn't even researched yet. Now we have an event almost every month, with rewards i wouldn't even feed to my dog, Not to mention the repetativeness...all the production missions, sometimes two simultaneously like 12x4 hour productions and 10x15 minute productions both at the same time. Or the "gain 25K happiness" or "gain 10K population". I mean come one.....they aren't even trying anymore. Be original for once in your life and throw in some more combat missions or something, anything is better than those boring and mindnumbing one click of a button type of missions. Sorry for the rant, but as you can see i'm not enjoying the events anymore, it's all too predictable.

Ati2

Legend
Anyone else getting a little annoyed with the events lately?

I don't do the events anymore. There are way too many of them, we have more event time than non-event time, and you always have to do tha same thing for the event quests anyway.

I don't mind having these events; I just don't take part.

there are too many the main prizes look poop on this one so havent started any quests on rugnir/east nagach yet,i dont like this type of event prefere the wheel

Ati2

Legend
Now I know you're insane. Be telling us you like the carnival event next :o
What's wrong with the Carnival? :D

To be honest, the current one is my least favorite. It's extremely time-consuming, and there's very little you can do to go for specific daily prizes. At least that was the case with the archaeology version of it, I haven't even started this one—other than just one move to get rid of the animated wand.

They're all the same, would be nice to just go back to the 4 seasonal ones and maybe the odd historical quest or something every now and again

Ati2

Legend
They're all the same, would be nice to just go back to the 4 seasonal ones and maybe the odd historical quest or something every now and again
Sometimes I forget what game I'm even playing... :D There's the main game: build your city. There's the settlement. There are the events. There are the guild battles. There's the weekly "event": GE. There will be a battleground. All separate games.

Sometimes I forget what game I'm even playing... :D There's the main game: build your city. There's the settlement. There are the events. There are the guild battles. There's the weekly "event": GE. There will be a battleground. All separate games.

yeah,game is overloaded i dont do settlements/antiqeu pooper/havent started GE yet anywhere this week,wont be doing farmville veg throwing gbg either lol

DeletedUser117754

Think this might be the first time I've found my way to the forum
Have u used the cafe yet?