• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.161

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

Our next update arrives on Monday, September 16th. Read all about it here and don't forget to leave your feedback below!

Boorg

Captain
Why does the priority order for Motivate / Polish change so often?

One recent example I noticed is the Obelisk Garden which has lost its preference priority order and is now nearly at the bottom of the priority order list.

It is something I will never understand. The priority order has been established a long time ago therefore can someone please explain to me why it changes.

Edit

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

the priority order didn't change

it is still more FP, 1 FP, no FP

:P

more coins, less coins, no coins was never the priority order

Emberguard

Legend
@Boorg the priority is still sorted by output with FPs being the greatest influencer. If it’s not being motivated either your aiders are manually entering your city to aid, or you have a lot of multi-output buildings with FPs production.

Boorg

Captain
Thank you both for your reply.

The priority order has had some changes because this has been happing lately in all my worlds where I have the Obelisk Garden.

@Test Ament I am not referring to coins I know that coins doesn’t have any propriety.

@Emberguard I don’t have that much multi-output buildings in fact my SoK’s get motivated. Obviously I can’t say if motivation is done manually but as it is the same in all the worlds I don’t think it’s the case.

Before the Obelisk Garden being 1 FP was being motivated after the other special buildings which produce more FP and before SoK’s, now it is being the last FP producing building to be motivated, that is after the SoK’s therefore there has been a priority order change. The Obelisk Garden had preference over the SoK as it should have because it is an Event Special Building.

The same issue happened some time ago (about a year I think) and it was rectified after people asked about it.

Edit

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
@Boorg could you write this up in the bug report section then? Also look at the age of buildings / coin output as that would be a tie breaker

Boorg

Captain
@Boorg could you write this up in the bug report section then? Also look at the age of buildings / coin output as that would be a tie breaker

You think it's a bug?

Does not seem like a bug to me.

Age is the same as the Age I am in and Obelisk Garden produces more coins then the SoK.

SilverFoxes

Master Corporal
As long as a building producing 2 FP is still motivated before a building that produces 1, it seems to be working fine. Within the pool of buildings that produce 1 FP, the order might change, there is no guarantee, only that buildings that produce more forge points are motivated earlier.
That said, the order between buildings that produce 1 FP shouldn't matter that much. If they aren't all getting motivated, you should rethink your city layout and get rid of a few.

DeletedUser96901

@Test Ament I am not referring to coins I know that coins doesn’t have any propriety.
looks like you are talking about the coins
Age is the same as the Age I am in and Obelisk Garden produces more coins then the SoK.

because FP are the same
so Garden = SoK in the priority list

that is after the SoK’s therefore there has been a priority change.
how could the priority been changed if both have the same priority (in the past and now)

Within the pool of buildings that produce 1 FP, the order might change, there is no guarantee, only that buildings that produce more forge points are motivated earlier.
exactly that

when new buildings are added the order can change again in the future

Emberguard

Legend
You think it's a bug?

Does not seem like a bug to me.
Oh. I was under the impression you were bringing it up because you thought it was performing in error.

Anyway, I've asked for confirmation on how the buildings with more then one output determines which is aided first if they've both got the same priority.
Answer: it's random.

Boorg

Captain
As long as a building producing 2 FP is still motivated before a building that produces 1, it seems to be working fine. Within the pool of buildings that produce 1 FP, the order might change, there is no guarantee, only that buildings that produce more forge points are motivated earlier.
That said, the order between buildings that produce 1 FP shouldn't matter that much. If they aren't all getting motivated, you should rethink your city layout and get rid of a few.

Thank you for your feedback. :) :) :)

I don’t have motivation problems, my buildings get motivated and my city layout is OK.

Boorg

Captain
looks like you are talking about the coins

Why do say that?

This is what I wrote.

Why does the priority for Motivate / Polish change so often?

One recent example I noticed is the Obelisk Garden which has lost its preference priority and is now nearly at the bottom of the priority list.

It is something I will never understand. The priority has been established a long time ago therefore can someone please explain to me why it changes.

Where do I mention coins?

I was replying to your post,

more coins, less coins, no coins was never the priority order

when I said,

maybe you forgot what you wrote!

because FP are the same
so Garden = SoK in the priority list

how could the priority been changed if both have the same priority (in the past and now)

True FP are the same for both buildings but the priority order has not been the same because if building “A” used to be motivated before building “B” and now building “B” gets motivated before building “A” than the priority order is not the same and yes there has been a priority order change.

exactly that

when new buildings are added the order can change again in the future

The change occurred between existing buildings and not between new and existing buildings therefore that argument does not apply. Further more I have not added any new buildings.

Edit

Last edited:

Boorg

Captain
Oh. I was under the impression you were bringing it up because you thought it was performing in error.

No problem. :) :) :)

Anyway, I've asked for confirmation on how the buildings with more then one output determines which is aided first if they've both got the same priority.
Answer: it's random.

Thank you. :) :) :)

It may be random but I think most probably it is not.

If it is random how would you explain that it has been static for many, many, many months (OG always before SoK) and now it is always the opposite (Sok before OG)?

Agent327

Overlord

So now you know.

If it is random how would you explain that it has been static for many, many, many months (OG always before SoK) and now it is always the opposite (Sok before OG)?

That is the perfect description of "random".

Not sure if it is true, but I have seen mentioned that last build has influence on it. Age sure hasn't.

DeletedUser96901

The change occurred between existing buildings and not between new and existing buildings therefore that argument does not apply. Further more I have not added any new buildings.
there are always new buildings added to the game

and that can change the order of buildings with the same priority

True FP are the same for both buildings but the priority has not been the same because if building “A” used to be motivated before building “B” and now building “B” gets motivated before building “A” than the priority is not the same and yes there has been a priority change.
lol

you use the word priority when you should use the word order

the priority is still the same
the order of buildings with the same priority has changed

that is "InnoGames random"
it is randomly decided once and then stays the same (until they change something with an update)

if you play more worlds you get in all world the same random quest reward if the cities are in the same age
if you get coins in world A the same quest in the same age on all other world gives always also coins

that is great. I have a few mars cities
and checked on one world which side quest gave diamonds
and then made those quests on all worlds and skipped all other side quests in the other worlds

and even better: if my other cities reaches Mars I still know which one will give diamonds
for example: one is gather 100 mars microbes and the other pay 10 million supplies: both will give me always as random reward the diamonds. no matter on which world

Last edited by a moderator:

Boorg

Captain
lol

you use the word priority when you should use the word order

the priority is still the same
the order of buildings with the same priority has changed

Thank you for pointing it out, I have Edited my posts accordingly. :) :) :)

that is "InnoGames random"
it is randomly decided once and then stays the same (until they change something with an update)

Yes I am aware that random in FoE does not actually exist in fact it is a delusion to believe that there is anything random in FoE!

It is also true that random is sort of not true / possible, not even in real life because given the same exact conditions the same outcome always results, therefore the meaning of random is sort of misleading / false and in FoE it is worse because we are told that it is random when it is not.

The motivation order was supposed to have been fixed a long time ago when several players complained about it but it seems like what has been fixed comes back at some time or other.

Boorg

Captain
Thank you for the feedback @Agent327, appreciated, but Obelisk Garden is a 1 FP building therefore buildings that produce more FP should not affect the order of 1 FP buildings but than again this is FoE!

SilverFoxes

Master Corporal
It is very much possible that the order is determined once every update or when a new building is added. So when a new building with a special production is added, regardless of output, the entire list is generated again, which could lead to minor differences such as the change in order between altars and obelisks.

Boorg

Captain
It is very much possible that the order is determined once every update or when a new building is added. So when a new building with a special production is added, regardless of output, the entire list is generated again, which could lead to minor differences such as the change in order between altars and obelisks.

That may be possible but the change occurred between Obelisk Garden and SoK and not between Obelisk Garden and another Event Special Building.

Apart from that as I said above recently I have not added any FP buildings and I don’t have Altars or any other 1 FP buildings that require motivation, the only 1 FP buildings requiring motivation that I have are Obelisk Garden and SoK.

This change came into effect only recently whilst Altars were introduced in June with the Soccer Event. From June till now there have been 8 Updates therefore if its Altars related why change the order now?

Agreed the order and priority is and must be determined with the addition of new buildings but the latest new buildings are those of the Fall Event which are not 1 FP, therefore the order change should not affect 1 FP Event Buildings with non Event Buildings.

As I said in my posts above Obelisk Garden had order preference over the SoK because the Obelisk Garden is an Event Special Building and the SoK is not an Event Special Building, therefore since Event Special Buildings should have order preference over non Event buildings there should not have been any order change.

Therefore my question is still the same, why has the SoK a non Event Special Building gained order preference over Event Special Buildings?

DeletedUser96901

Agreed the order and priority is and must be determined with the addition of new buildings but the latest new buildings are those of the Fall Event which are not 1 FP, therefore the order change should not affect 1 FP Event Buildings with non Event Buildings.
actually the Fall Event has two new 1 FP buildings

level 2 and level 3 september cottage

and the SoK is not an Event Special Building
the SoK is an event special building :rolleyes:

introduced in an easter event a view years ago

because the Obelisk Garden is an Event Special Building
the Obelisk Garden is NOT an event special building
if we are accurate it is an historical questline special building

therefore since Event Special Buildings should have order preference over non Event buildings there should not have been any order change.
the game doesn't care where the building comes from
it only cares about the amount of FP it gives

Last edited by a moderator: