• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Era-Trolls . . . do you hate such play?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
...also, I find that the ones who whine and cry foul the loudest are also the ones who insist on building only their non-boosted goods?!:rolleyes::?:?

Always a good day when you see the moaning about how it takes weeks and weeks just to amass 50 or so goods, which then get constantly stolen because the dummies feel they have a right to just leave their 24-48hr productions sitting around idle with a giant sign saying "LOOT ME!" written all over them. :P

Followed of course by the "facts" that Inno is thus forcing these poor, defenseless souls to throw hundreds of $$$ at the game for diamonds, because the world is rigged against?!lol.

Fair enough, not been keeping a close eye on it recently but did notice they are still giving alternatives for some quests which was a big ask from them at the time. Not that I think they should have got it mind you. Personally I think you should accept the good and the bad with the style of play you have chosen.
Alternatives are great, as long as they're done properly...
ie: scout a province OR solve 12 GE encounters.
Unless you plan ahead, even a camper can get caught out and hit a potential days-long wall if they for example race through their GE and complete 64/48 before they get to that quest.
It could even set them back enough to end up missing out a quest or two by the end of the event! (happened to a couple my guildies in J-world)

Or else things like, "infiltrate 3 sectors OR donate 500 goods to the guild treasury"
Most non-questing campers will soon find their good stocks destroyed if they're not careful, or else be forced to over-scout.

The best can stay camping forever. Most will at some point screw up and fail badly. :P

Dead-Eye

General
even a camper can get caught out and hit a potential days-long wall if they for example race through their GE and complete 64/48 before they get to that quest.
It could even set them back enough to end up missing out a quest or two by the end of the event! (happened to a couple my guildies in J-world)

Unless you loose access to the internet ore have a way cool jet setting lifestyle there is no real excuse to fail at this.

Emberguard

Legend
Alternatives are great, as long as they're done properly...
ie: scout a province OR solve 12 GE encounters.
Unless you plan ahead, even a camper can get caught out and hit a potential days-long wall if they for example race through their GE and complete 64/48 before they get to that quest.
If they truly completed 64 encounters it’d have auto-completed unless there wasn’t a GE currently running.

If they have a GE quest that isn’t auto-completing they need to log out and in or re-fresh the page. If it still doesn’t work then they need to contact support straight away so they can check if it’s working properly. If the auto completion is bugging we need to see it so the devs can fix it

As to infiltrate quests, those are the easiest non-camper quests as long as you’re not infiltrating everything in sight outside of quests

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
If they truly completed 64 encounters it’d have auto-completed unless there wasn’t a GE currently running.

If they have a GE quest that isn’t auto-completing they need to log out and in or re-fresh the page. If it still doesn’t work then they need to contact support straight away so they can check if it’s working properly. If the auto completion is bugging we need to see it so the devs can fix it
But there is still the 'Scout a province' condition, which would surely prevent auto-completion, unless that players has 100% completed the main campaign map?
The only times I've seen my GE quests auto-complete, is the "Complete Lv1 of GE" quest, since I usually demolish it right away, unless I see there is a "win X battles in a row without losing" or "fight X encounter of the GE" quests. ;)

But then, as I prefer to not bone my small HMA city with a monstrous 'Traz, I also hold off my GE since I use it for all the "Gain X units from your current or Y previous era units". :P

Ati2

Legend
But there is still the 'Scout a province' condition, which would surely prevent auto-completion, unless that players has 100% completed the main campaign map?

Well, complete it! :) The first continent, anyway. And then don't even set foot on the next one, that way you won't get any scout province type quests.

Emberguard

Legend
No.

That doesn’t prevent a GE autocomplete even if it’s an -OR- option. So either they didn’t scroll down to see the rest of the requirements for that quest if there’s an -AND- part, or they haven’t completed GE or it’s bugging and needs reporting through support

Well, complete it! :) The first continent, anyway. And then don't even set foot on the next one, that way you won't get any scout province type quests.
Event quests still will :P

Emberguard

Legend
Correct they usually have alternatives. And they auto complete if one portion is already completed - ie map or GE 100% completed

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
No.

That doesn’t prevent a GE autocomplete even if it’s an -OR- option. So either they didn’t scroll down to see the rest of the requirements for that quest if there’s an -AND- part, or they haven’t completed GE or it’s bugging and needs reporting through support
Might have also been due to the odd time the guild hadn't opened up Lv4?

As for the C-map quests auto completing, isn't the requirement clearing 100% of the entire map? (ie: finish all SAM = map done)
Because again, technically speaking, even if you clear the first continent, there's still 'more map' to scout by simply sailing on to the next continent?

Ati2

Legend
As for the C-map quests auto completing, isn't the requirement clearing 100% of the entire map? (ie: finish all SAM = map done)
Because again, technically speaking, even if you clear the first continent, there's still 'more map' to scout by simply sailing on to the next continent?

Don't sail. That's the key.

Emberguard

Legend
Might have also been due to the odd time the guild hadn't opened up Lv4?
Not opening Lvl 4 would explain it.

Exactly. 100% on the map is everything including the latest age.

The auto-complete is for players that can't access more content in that aspect because there's literally no more content available to unlock. Lack of resources or choosing not to access something means there's still content they just need to meet the requirements first

The quests look at whether one option is "complete" not whether there's an alternative that hasn't been done yet. That's why GE -OR- Map will autocomplete if either one of them meets the requirements to autocomplete instead of expecting you to do the other

DeletedUser117706

Customer loss is a huge issue for any company . . . I believe the Beastie boys said it best as a response to those who try to justify era-trolling . . .

Sabotage
Beastie Boys
I can't stand it, I know you planned it
I'mma set it straight, this Watergate
I can't stand rockin' when I'm in here
'Cause your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear
So while you sit back and wonder why
I got this thorn in my side
Oh my god, it's a mirage
I'm tellin' y'all, it's sabotage
So, so, so, so listen up, 'cause you can't say nothin'
You'll shut me down with a push of your button
But, yo, I'm out and I'm gone
I'll tell you now, I keep it on and on
'Cause what you see, you might not get
And we can bet, so don't you get souped yet
Scheming on a thing, that's a mirage
I'm trying to tell you now, it's sabotage
Why
Our backs are now against the wall
Listen all y'all, it's a sabotage
Listen all y'all, it's a sabotage
Listen all…
In the end after reading all the comments, this is my conclusion. Up to Modern era, "camping" as some erroneously refer to era-trolling, is wrong when it is abused as a method to bother other players. Modern era and beyond, era trolling does not exist. At Modern stage and beyond, players have developed their cities and even though there are some players that have been in Modern era or higher for a long time, the effects of this are minuscule. The numbers of medals that can be won by attacking others' cities is so small compared to racing on GBs that there is nothing to be gained by wasting time. Battling at Modern Era and above is far more lucrative in Guild vs. Guild and the upcoming Guild Battles.

The largest concern still remains that many of us lose guild mates and InnoGames loses customers when bullying occurs by era-trolls. Looking at the statistics available, most worlds have somewhere around 20,000 to 25,000 players but barely 1/3 are active. It is not hard to justify saying the customer base of InnoGames could easily be as much as 3 to 5 times larger if players weren't era-trolling below Modern era. In the immortal words of Beastie Boys, "But yo, I'm out and I'm gone . . . I'm trying to tell you now, it's sabotage, Why, our backs are now against the wall, Listen all y'al, it's a sabotoge . . ."

Be kind to each other and don't bully other players, they are InnoGames' customers, not yours, Peace out :-)

Emberguard

Legend
@teest thankyou for coming back and being respectful about it.

I agree players in Modern should have had more time to build up their cities. The biggest problem with the statement that era trolls exist in early ages but not Modern upwards is we get complaints of being plundered from every age including the very last ages in the tech tree (yes, even those between Oceanic and SAM). And the complaints tend to be if players are plundered at all. Doesn't matter if it's one player, multiple players, once a week or every day plundering.

When I was a little kid I used to approach games like that too. Super Mario, Rayman, Monopoly, Age of Empires. Any game I played. So my big brother showed me how they played (and how easy it can be!). What I realised watching my brother is not only was I never anywhere near losing when I thought I was, but I lose more trying not to lose then if I just go all in no matter the cost. That's a skill that translates to any game. Before a player can learn how to win they first have to learn how to take a loss. Protecting a player from losing doesn't help them. It stunts their growth.

i think there are 2/3 different types of era trolls,some are doing a very slow strategy,some are just frightened to go up ages with fear of being attacked themselves and another kind who dont know wot they are doing
you cant fully develope any town with an ancient town hall in the corner youll have stunted growth,its all interesting though no matter wot strategy your on

Ati2

Legend
you cant fully develope any town with an ancient town hall in the corner youll have stunted growth,its all interesting though no matter wot strategy your on

I can only speak for myself, but here's my reasoning for staying in IA: you don't need to spend too many FPs on attack GBs, you can spend those FPs on FP-producing GBs. This means that by the time you do want to level the attack GBs, you'll have a lot more FPs to do so and thus you're saving a lot of time overall. Being in a higher age would require attack GBs to be higher, drawing FPs away, slowing the progress down. In the same amount of time, you can get your GBs up much higher staying in a lower era than by rushing through the ages.

And you could even do that by not allowing others to attack you (not unlocking the "allow others to attack me" tech). So basically, you could get stronger than 99,9% of all players without ever getting attacked.

I personally allow others to attack me, but since they can't plunder anything, who cares if they do?