• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Incorrect wording on quest...

DeletedUser97021

I recently completed a quest that asked me to "increase my happiness by" a certain amount. I did this by adding enough decorations that , when I aided them all using a 'self aid' kit, brought the amount to that which was asked for.
When I complained to support that only half the amount was registered within the quest window they then clarified that it was the BASE amount (unpolished) that was needed. This is not what was written in the quest.
The wording of this (& similar quests) is incorrect & needs changing.

Emberguard

Legend
In one sense you’re right and in another not. Motivation is a x2 boost. So you haven’t increased what the city can do, only reached the maximum of what it already had

I’d like it if aiding counted as the current output has increased, but I’d also want it to take away progress if the timer for polish ran out. Otherwise I haven’t increased capacity. I’ve just counted multiple times the same happiness that’d already been counted prior. I assume it’s done the way it is as it’s a much simpler way to code

DeletedUser97021

I still claim i did what was asked and still feel the quest needs to be worded in a different way.

DeletedUser100133

As Emberguard stated motivating to gain extra happiness is a bost, so that would not count, but as you feel the quest needs to be worded differently, how would you reword the quest?

Agent327

Overlord
In one sense you’re right and in another not. Motivation is a x2 boost. So you haven’t increased what the city can do, only reached the maximum of what it already had

He has a point. Motivation is a boost and aiding has never counted for these quests. Basically you did not increase your happiness. Someone else did it for you. But now we have self aid kits. He is increasing his happiness all by himself.

Emberguard

Legend
Which will require it to go through the ideas section.

@fishmonk if you could create a new thread in the ideas section (Link here) and format it with the following we can get the forum to vote on it
Proposal:

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea

Reason:

Details:

Visual Aids:

Balance/Abuse Prevention:

Note: When submitting the idea please only include one option. Either a re-word of quest or a change in function.

If you want it to be a change in function you’ll need to make it specific to self aid kits. Polishing as a general request has already gone through ideas and as such wouldn’t be able to be re-suggested. Doing a quick search I haven’t found one for self aid kits counting towards gain happiness quests so that one should be fine

DeletedUser97021

It's basically just poor wording. I have no antagonism towards building a certain amount of happiness buildings, but each task needs to be clear and accurate otherwise trust is completely lost.
The task asked for 'more happiness'. I got more happiness. Then I'm told its actually a 'base' happiness that's needed. That was not what was asked for.
So now, if asked to build 10 units, do I worry that I build 10 rogues & then find out that what inno meant (but didnt specify) was 10 FAST units, for example?
or I'm asked to pay 100 goods & I do, to later find out inno meant (but didnt specify) current age goods.

and, no I won't reword it for inno. I pay (sometimes) for the privilege of playing this. If I'm going to be rewording, then the money would need to go in the other direction.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
It's basically just poor wording. I have no antagonism towards building a certain amount of happiness buildings, but each task needs to be clear and accurate otherwise trust is completely lost.
The task asked for 'more happiness'. I got more happiness. Then I'm told its actually a 'base' happiness that's needed. That was not what was asked for.
So now, if asked to build 10 units, do I worry that I build 10 rogues & then find out that what inno meant (but didnt specify) was 10 FAST units, for example?
or I'm asked to pay 100 goods & I do, to later find out inno meant (but didnt specify) current age goods.

and, no I won't reword it for inno. I pay (sometimes) for the privilege of playing this. If I'm going to be rewording, then the money would need to go in the other direction.
Yes, the wording *could* be better, but still, why waste moto kits anyways?
The quickest & easiest way to do that particular quest has always been to just build a bunch of cheap decos & delete them, rebuild, delete, rebuild, etc... until the quest completes. (ie: if it says "gain 750 happiness", you don't need to have that 750 remain in your city - building say 5x decos for 120 total happiness, then deleting them & rebuilding them will have the quest @240 gained happiness. Just rinse/repeat ad nausium until done.:P)

For higher eras where it might be gain 1000's of happiness, use your (hopefully not completely emptied!) stock of Gates/Faces from GE.

The quickest & easiest way to do that particular quest has always been to just build a bunch of cheap decos & delete them, rebuild, delete, rebuild, etc... until the quest completes. (ie: if it says "gain 750 happiness", you don't need to have that 750 remain in your city - building say 5x decos for 120 total happiness, then deleting them & rebuilding them will have the quest @240 gained happiness. Just rinse/repeat ad nausium until done.:P)

For higher eras where it might be gain 1000's of happiness, use your (hopefully not completely emptied!) stock of Gates/Faces from GE.
This is exactly what face of the ancient and gate of the sun god were designed for :D The only annoying thing is the pop-up asking to confirm that you want to delete them

DeletedUser97021

My claim is the wording is incorrect and nothing to do with how the quest is fulfilled.

DeletedUser653

fishmonk, resubmit your post as a bug report then. I actually agree with you and would post to say this