• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

City editor is a mess.

Dead-Eye

General
So I rearranged some stuff in my city the other day. Had a couple expansions so I put in another cherry garden. So the city functions the way it should however when I went to move some stuff around today the editor does not show my changes and several items are in the side bar and not placed. And half my cherry garden is missing. Whats up aith that?

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I think what this is. Let's play house and pretend I am a forum moderator today. Now see me give a profussional answer...

It is the Reconstruction Mode. It "remembers" your last reconstruction "version" even if you build something new after that last version.

If you click the "crane" to enter reconstruction mode, and then decide you don't really want to reconstruct anything, and so you exit with absolutely no change, then it is OK. But if you pick up even one tile of road and put it into the "side bar", your reconstruction "work in progress" will be remembered -- for ever -- even if you have built something new, such as a cherry garden, after that (forgotten) reconstruction.

So, at the moment, you have to click "Revert All Changes" (the third button below) to discard your previous, long outdated reconstruction "work in progress" (which was registered before you built the cherry garden).

revert.png

In a sense, the "revert" button is also a "update" button how the current reconstruction mode works

Last edited: