• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Post your top 5 useless GB in FOE

Any Empire

Sergeant
Those I know I'll never need to build would be:
Colosseum
Notre Dame
Capitol
Atomium
Gaea Statue
Dishonorable mention: Lotus temple

DeletedUser111359

Starting a new world was easier with Oracle than without. With some friendly investors it’s cheap to get up a couple of levels. No, it’s not for the long term or levelling high, but the question was ‘Post your top 5 most useless GBs’ not what are the GBs you will have at a high level and at a high age. Horses for courses. It depends on your play style, if you camp in an era and what you enjoy.
The 5 GBs I haven’t found useful or wanted to build:
Notre Dame
Colosseum
Atomium
Voyager
Gaea Statue

The last time I started a new world, I bulldozed the Oracle as soon as I got past the quest. I had better options already, to generate happiness.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
The DT produces a single "random" good of any age you have been in per aid and the number of times it gives a single random good is dependent on the level, so while your in SAM age collecting Iron Aged, ME or LMA goods etc etc i am collecting SAM goods, for an equal space (6x5) i can have 5 sleigh builders up giving me 75 SAM goods a day while you would need a L46 DT just to get 75 random goods (assuming you aid 75 players).
As far as it needing a one up that just makes it much more useful because then on the day we start the new age i can be gaining 75 goods of that new age while your DT might give you 4 of the next age to SAM (assuming 75/17 ages).
Plus since you spent 1875 TE goods to get it i suspect you will never actually get enough goods back to pay those costs, plus the 59,185 FP to get it to L46 (of course if in top guild with a 1.9 boost for it it reduces to only 12237 FP)
Sorry but its totally useless and unless to any serious player, but its ok if you happy with a pretty building.
Its only real purpose is to give a new player goods from across 17 ages which they can accumulate and try to trade down to the age they are in, but its TE so will be difficult to get for a new player to get the BP's and might cost even more FP for a TE goods pack from another player. so maybe another 600 FP and assuming you have the BP's the new IA player can build it and get some benefit, but even that benefit starts to go once the player starts to catch up the ages and the DT starts to provide goods from ages long since past and not required - so it becomes useless.

For a great read try this thread https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...sing-the-real-value-of-great-buildings.11260/
while its old theres a great deal of debate on whats a good GB and what is not and it does make you think.

My thought is never build a GB and hence invest FP in it if you will later delete it, just a massive waste of Goods and FP.
The other thought is do you have a better GB to spend your limited FP in? if so then do not build that new GB.
that thread is a bit outdated, i am refering on first 10 pages, game changed a lot same as game fighting and mechanic.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
dynamic tower give less goods than 2 wich you mentioned and a lot more expensive to raise on decent levels so its good only if you will aid on manual, i wont for sure.
seed vault good only if you aid literaly everyone, even then doubtfull, as you can guess since i didnt mention museum as useless i am plundering them and i dont like precentage chances on it
so, small correction of above post, if you aid all, if you just farm and build and dont attack anybody then move atlantis in useless and place seed vault in usefull but this game have fighting aspect of it for reason...

Dead-Eye

General
So many players hatin on Deal Castle. I got one way back when and it served me well for a time. The medals were very usefulf expansions and I liked that my section could fight back when attacked. I plunder a lot for the most part so I get attacked rather often. That said, today it's time for Deal to go. I no longer need medals as I have over 3 mil and a building with only 1 bonus sucks.

DeletedUser113125

So many players hatin on Deal Castle. I got one way back when and it served me well for a time. The medals were very usefulf expansions and I liked that my section could fight back when attacked. I plunder a lot for the most part so I get attacked rather often. That said, today it's time for Deal to go. I no longer need medals as I have over 3 mil and a building with only 1 bonus sucks.
The artwork on Deal Castle is amazing. It includes the public toilet block on the far side of the building (small bit of white roof just visible).