• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Era-Trolls . . . do you hate such play?

DeletedUser100133

FIRST OFF:
It is very clear that Inno Games does not support bullying in any form. There is no doubt Inno Games works hard to stop bullies but loopholes do appear.

To address your question:
As one example, the United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Violence Against Children has stated publicly and in formal declarations:
"Bullying can be defined as intentional and aggressive behaviour occurring repeatedly against a victim where there is a real or perceived power imbalance, and where the victim feels vulnerable and powerless to defend himself or herself."

Note that the indication is "occurring repeatedly" which is what era-trolls do, over and over and over again by attacking new players young cities. As many new players clearly "perceive" a "power imbalance" once they look at an era-troll's city and see it belongs to a player who has clearly been player for a year or more with many boost buildings present, they often express disgust and upset including "feel[ing] vulnerable and powerless to defend himself or herself."

It is very reasonable to assume that many children will be playing Forge of Empires. Adults also do not appreciate cyber-bullying in any form. Era-trolls are bullies as the United Nation definition above clearly shows.

It's pretty easy to just look at the effects of era-trolls as the behavior of bullies . . . one single era-troll can cause a dozen or more new players/customers to quit costing Inno Games investors and developers significant revenues.

People join Forge of Empires because they want to have fun, not be cyberbullied by an era-troll who enjoys being aggressive repeatedly against players who are clearly expressing they do not enjoy it.

Unfortunately, this does not explain much of what you define of bullying, if you read the game rules there is a section in there about abusive behaviour and cyberbullying and we have a report system in place that deals with that situation. If plundering a form of bullying would it really be part of the game? Also, you mention era- trolling a lot, but what does actually that entail to you and how what would you put in place to stop this without breaking players free will?

DeletedUser

teest, you have obviously spent a lot of time researching and typing your extensive yet inaccurate definitive complaint. If you applied yourself to the vast quantity of Guides, Tutorials and related informative materiel on how to play FoE, with the same dedication; you would not have written such blather, balderdash and nonsense. Grow a pair and get on with playing the Game. Everyone else does so, why not you?! Or, do you simply enjoy dictating to others in a crass attempt to bully us all into playing in a manner which "suit you Sir"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dead-Eye

General
He is not being bullied Dark. That would make players like me a bully. He is being relieved. Taxed if you will. All of this could easily be avoided as others have pointed out. When I started I got robbed all the time. No big deal. If I can't collect on time its cuz I got better things to do than play video games. I did have an idea to stop the plundering I would get to HMA as fast as I could and put fences around my city. Seemed a good idea at the time.

DeletedUser

I find the term quite novel and "catchy" and whilst our new resident ranter is no Paladin of Fair Play nor Champion of the Downtrodden, he has provided a new term of endearment and a soupcon of diversionary entertainment. I've only been playing FoE for 22 months but the more I read these rants, the lower becomes my patience and tolerance; the Gods alone know how frustrating more experienced Players must find this repetitive bile. I'm almost tempted to build a Voyager and do a bit of trampling of my own.

I find the term quite novel and "catchy" and whilst our new resident ranter is no Paladin of Fair Play nor Champion of the Downtrodden, he has provided a new term of endearment and a soupcon of diversionary entertainment. I've only been playing FoE for 22 months but the more I read these rants, the lower becomes my patience and tolerance; the Gods alone know how frustrating more experienced Players must find this repetitive bile. I'm almost tempted to build a Voyager and do a bit of trampling of my own.
I've recently built Atlantis and Voyager. They go well with Himeji Castle :D

DeletedUser113125

Simply being plundered is annoying but it’s not bullying. You shouldn’t project assumed motives on to other players. When I was started a player would attack and sometimes plunder me whenever I was in the same hood. They were always top of the hood and had a lot stronger armies. I thought they were mean. Later on I had the chance to chat to them and they were lovely and did not remember this. It was just part of the game. This game has plundering and you can either be bothered by it or not. You can’t assume every player who plunders you is motivated by hate, could they not just want Tower medals and points and click plunder as it’s an option?

Collect on time, friend request regular plunderes, have a city DA which isn’t mainly rogues. Get your points up and remember this is a game. Plunderers are often active players and make good friends.

I camp in my diamond mining cities, I don’t plunder but should I be forced into a hood just because I’ve been playing longer? What about players who aren’t addicted and only log in every few days should they be punished?

I don’t think there are a lot of children playing, the vast majority of players I’ve come across are adults. Inno has rules about language that can be used and I would hate for a child to get a offensive message.

If players send aggressive or offensive messages then this is bullying and Inno has a system that you can report them. Whether it is the plunderer or the player plundered, if a concerning message is sent then it should be reported and the player put on ignore.

DeletedUser12400

I believe these players has their own agenda and of course different point of view. I'm playing this game long enough to understand that good relationship is much more convenient than being nasty but I don't judge players who are pushing to the limit. If I got plundered then I consider it as my own fault that I didn't collect on time but the only thing that might make me feel unpleasant if event related building get plundered. If plundering actually stressing and makes some feeling hurt then it's best for such type of people not to play this game.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
LOL, again i am agreeing with agent, teest if you forced me to agree with agent then you know you do/say something really wrong... :D i have at least 5 ways to stop plunderer from being efficient if you cant preform not even one of those then maybe FoE isnt for you but some farm simulations or something like that... so let me help you:
1. build extra strong defence (most stupid one in my oppinion and waste of space but still efficient)
2. collect on time (most effective one)
3. put some building wich are tempting for plunder like lab or farm on 5 mins production and mess plunderer up.
4. use tavern shield
5. change collections times and place some good building for wich you dont have boost to mess him up again.
If you arent capable to do anything of this maybe FoE is to complicated for you...

Wow - The game has 1000's of "Stupid Players" with a defense - lol - the master of odds has informed us of our stupidity Again!

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Wow - The game has 1000's of "Stupid Players" with a defense - lol - the master of odds has informed us of our stupidity Again!
space wich is needed to have efficient defence can produce between 50 and 100 extra FPs so i prefer to produce 50 FPs per day more and collect on time than waste space on dumb ritual flames and deal castle but everybody play like they like/know.

Emberguard

Legend
space wich is needed to have efficient defence can produce between 50 and 100 extra FPs so i prefer to produce 50 FPs per day more and collect on time than waste space on dumb ritual flames and deal castle but everybody play like they like/know.
Agreed but there are players who place more value on not losing produce then maximising on how much produce they can make.

Trying to block plunderers consistently from getting through via defence boosts really would require putting everything into it. But by that point I'd be losing thousands of goods weekly from using that land for defence. Unless of course I can put down defence buildings with a equal or greater output of goods/FPs then a non-defence building