• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Guild Vs Guild Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Exactly part of the point
Many players have inventories that are full of troops -- so this will give you more opportunities to use them and going gung ho from the start will reduce you to be inefficent in a couple of weeks or less -- so strategy needed - remmeber laying 10 sieges in a 4 hour period will cost you 80 troops do this 3 times a day and that is 240 troops

So Inno have come up with a way of lowering troop count and then by going mad when battlegrounds come out guess what you will be so low in troops that you might not be able to play.

On a similar issue many made comments about large inventories of buildings etc and they introduced the antique dealer which will lower that inventory and from my experience of it in Beta and from the choices you have daily you can get special event buildings for sets -- upgrades etc and yet we will still have players complaining about the cost etc.

This is good -- who are the main moaners the high end players of high end guilds as they are the ones that are more likely to lose out -- yes i have a high end traz -- yes i am active in GvG -- yes i will have to look at new strategies -- i see some guilds just release sectors just before CC and retake them to protect what they have all part of the game nulify the opponents -- now they will have to do this 6 times a day will get costly

lets get this rolled out and lets work on a new strategy as this will make the game fun for more players which is what game developers consider not just a select 2%
about dealer part, i still didnt meet player wich cried about antique dealer, not even one negative comment, i will sign any time of day to get just 3 or 4 building wich i can use to improve my town in change for 70 victory towers, 80 ritual flames and 40 tribal sqares wich are rotting in my inventory for years.

Last edited:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Maybe if INNO decrease goods required by about 5 or 10 times so that weak guilds do not become bankrupted in first days, then maybe the GvG will be more popular, till all will be short on armies...
if guild cant affoard sieges at this prices then it isnt weak guild but ghost guild/player and nothing more, in fact i am for that prices of sieges be more expensive on start but grow slower

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I believe that Inno games should not change anything in the current system, keep the 1 reset system, ignore the US players who play UK servers and are complaining about the time zone, they should play in their time zone end of story ....

only thing that Inno should work in GvG on is, to fix the siege and fill dialog, so that players dont have to close and reopen the dialog when they want to re-siege, and refill DA's, so that it is actually possible to siege fast and fill fast, and that they should work on the broken defense, as the defender has no chance against the attacker unless the defender takes the attackers sectors and shields them ....

and I disagree about the players with huge amount of units, yes they have huge amounts of units, because they rarely fight ... lets see how long will 5k rogues and 2k units last if you have to fight every 4 hours .... don't talk nonsense plz

it is easier to mess up the whole system, then to actually fix the real problem

here is another idea

really get rid of dead accounts, reduce load on your systems,
possibly reduce the number of servers by merging servers if it is possible? that way the active players would be merged and thus more activity would be spawned in GvG instead of having a GvG monopoly by 2 guilds per server ...

or even better ...

invest the money we as players are throwing in your pockets for super expencive low efficient buildings, in to proper IT infrastructure

Last edited:

knycknac

Private
@Misty Genesis firstly i am not whinning i actually really enjoy GvG i attack most days not fussed about guild ranking as we know our abilities
i have a life and am not committed to being online at CC as are the rest of my very contented guild plus we have members that left those guilds at the top due to pressure put on them to be actively online at reset

I grow my account and have progressed it nicely so very happy and have many gbs well advanced even well into to 100s

GvG is the main method of having your guild at the top but how much difference does it make ?
Not that much as decent long term guilds are still getting 7/8/9 fps from their town hall and attracting new players is not something that these guilds are really looking for! just a little loss of the extra % daily
Look at all the GvG maps and see how many guilds actually play GvG to hold sectors and it is a select few who have the fire power and commitment to be here at reset
What the proposed 4 hour protection period will do is just open it a bit more to other guilds who are hanging onto the coattails of these top end guilds and give them some opportunity to attack the big guild which might even open the door for those players to join that stronger guild looking for players to be online at different times

@ Ceban re guilds breaking themselves down to smaller groups they are unlikely to do this as forming a new guild would leave you short of lower end goods
and will only work on AA map

Ceban

Brigadier-General
@Misty Genesis firstly i am not whinning i actually really enjoy GvG i attack most days not fussed about guild ranking as we know our abilities
i have a life and am not committed to being online at CC as are the rest of my very contented guild plus we have members that left those guilds at the top due to pressure put on them to be actively online at reset

I grow my account and have progressed it nicely so very happy and have many gbs well advanced even well into to 100s

GvG is the main method of having your guild at the top but how much difference does it make ?
Not that much as decent long term guilds are still getting 7/8/9 fps from their town hall and attracting new players is not something that these guilds are really looking for! just a little loss of the extra % daily
Look at all the GvG maps and see how many guilds actually play GvG to hold sectors and it is a select few who have the fire power and commitment to be here at reset
What the proposed 4 hour protection period will do is just open it a bit more to other guilds who are hanging onto the coattails of these top end guilds and give them some opportunity to attack the big guild which might even open the door for those players to join that stronger guild looking for players to be online at different times

@ Ceban re guilds breaking themselves down to smaller groups they are unlikely to do this as forming a new guild would leave you short of lower end goods
and will only work on AA map
every serious really big guild already have minimum 4 or 5 guilds prepared and filled with goods (sister guilds, allied guilds, ghost guilds) call them whatever you want so trust me for good and prepared guild split into 5 teams to destroy someone isnt issue at all.

Boorg

Captain
Aussies don’t have a server that’s suited to their Timezone and I dare say other countries would be in the same boat

Agreed but that has always been the case and no serious attention has ever been given for those that have to play on other servers that do not fit their time zones and that does not apply only to GvG but also applies to Events, etc.

Therefore how come all of a sudden the time zone issue has become the most important issue of the day?

I’m not convinced!

Emberguard

Legend
Events aren’t a major issue if you’re not there right when it starts because you can’t be locked out of participating.

Though my point for that post wasn’t about how big or small of a problem it is. Just that it’s not necessarily the US players that have the problem for this server and it’s a moot point to say go back to your designated server if there isn’t one

DeletedUser6065

Tombo224, True.
But GvG is also about treasury goods... So very soon your guild will be bankrupted...
Very few will afford to put more than 2 DA.
These changes only will make GvG more active for some days, weeks, then will stall as it is now in a some status quo.
This is what will happen. but due to lack of goods/units.
GvG was a loaded diaper from day one.
This only adds in creamed corn as what was already creamed spinach and creamed carrots.
. . . mk

Boorg

Captain
Events aren’t a major issue if you’re not there right when it starts because you can’t be locked out of participating.

Though my point for that post wasn’t about how big or small of a problem it is. Just that it’s not necessarily the US players that have the problem for this server and it’s a moot point to say go back to your designated server if there isn’t one

I think Events that have the Special Prize changed every 6 hours are a major issue and that is why people affected by the time zone / server problems complain about it.

But US players do have US servers therefore I still can’t understand your point.

If someone wants to use another server instead of their time zone server I’d say that is their problem.

On the other hand if Inno wants to turn all the servers into US servers than that is another story. This is like using American English on the International Servers which is way out of line. International Servers should and must always use the International English and not be bombarded with silly American terms like Fall, Soccer, Color, etc, otherwise it is not an International Server but another US Server with a different time zone.

Anyway I’m still not convinced!

In my opinion there is more to it than meets the eye!

Bagoas

Private
These changes, with 4 hour recalcs will also drain Treasury goods very fast, turning GvG into constant fighting by ghost guild types with low sector holdings. It will become impossible to hold meaningful numbers of sectors

Emberguard

Legend
I think Events that have the Special Prize changed every 6 hours are a major issue and that is why people affected by the time zone / server problems complain about it.

But US players do have US servers therefore I still can’t understand your point.

If someone wants to use another server instead of their time zone server I’d say that is their problem.
AU (Australia) is not US. AU doesn’t have a dedicated server and doesn’t suit the UK times was my point. I come across more Australians during small talk then any other nationality when talking to neighbours and various guilds. I rarely even hear anyone say they’re from the US ingame. I don’t know the ratios of nationalities but there’s a fair amount of -not UK- and -not US-

Fair point about the 6-hr thing though I think that’s only happened once in Carnival. Previous year was 12-hr not 6

With a 4h recalc it will be harder to hold a large number of sectors for a long time. Which is a good thing.
The fighting, that is now concentrated around one 24h recalc, will spread out on all times of the day, and more guilds will be able to participate in the fighting. Which is also a good thing.
Smaller guilds will be able to bug the Biggies more. Which is a VERY good thing.
And, maybe - hopefully - the annoying habit of releasing and retaking sectors to protect land will be a thing of the past.

Last edited:

Boorg

Captain
AU (Australia) is not US. AU doesn’t have a dedicated server and doesn’t suit the UK times was my point. I come across more Australians during small talk then any other nationality when talking to neighbours and various guilds. I rarely even hear anyone say they’re from the US ingame. I don’t know the ratios of nationalities but there’s a fair amount of -not UK- and -not US-

Fair point about the 6-hr thing though I think that’s only happened once in Carnival. Previous year was 12-hr not 6

Point taken. I also have several in game friends from Australia and New Zealand and yes several nationalities play on the EN Server. It’s also true that they don’t have a dedicated server. Probably it’s because there are not enough people from that time zone playing the game to set up a dedicated server therefore if that is true I don’t think that this GvG change is aimed to accommodate people from those time zones.

If I’m not mistaken the summer event also has or used to have the prizes on the wheel changed every 6 hours.

But still I am not convinced, I have that funny alien feeling that this drastic GvG change has a second scope!

True, what some say here, with a lot more fighting going on several times a day instead of the current rush around recalc, guild treasuries and troops stocks will drain out quickly.
Need a solution for that...

Overall - like with any new feature or change in this game - Inno just want us to spend more time playing - and paying not least….
So, 6 times a day instead of 1 … sure Inno. we'll be there ..

DeletedUser96901

ignore the US players who play UK servers
there is no UK server :rolleyes:

only an international one

and if you take a closer look the server even has half of the US flag when choosing it
pic.jpg

so we should ignore people from UK on the international server
because those people want to be for their own and have nothing to do with others (like the brexit)

DeletedUser109087

It’s also true that they don’t have a dedicated server. Probably it’s because there are not enough people from that time zone playing the game to set up a dedicated server

there's a Finland server. FInand is ~4M people. AUS/NZ is around 30M, so its not about number of people.

Inno could easily have a UK server, a AU server, a NZ server, AND the INTL one. they choose not to, for whatever reason. but none of this affects GvG.

strangely, dead people dont add any load to the server. its the active fighters AT RESET that do. so anything that prolongs or divides that fighting will reduce the load.

LastWarrior

Lieutenant Colonel
Are spears totally out of AA ?
Please tell me that it will no longer be possible to set a siege with spears, this would be a superb improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.