• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Letting other players join my guild

• Thread starter DeletedUser117965
  • Start date

DeletedUser117965

Hi
I'm playing FoE for something like 15 months now, and most of that time (something like 12 or 13 months) I've been a member of a guild which I wasn't its founder (or anything else in terms of administration). a few days ago I left the guild due to multiple inactive players (more than a half), and opened my own guild for the first time.

I noticed that there are 3 ways to let players join my guild, but I don't exactly understands what each of them means.
The options are: Via application, Via auto-join, Via invitation only. I want to let each player in the game who see my guild in the suggestions or in the leaderboards join my guild.

Which one should I choose?

Auto join - anyone can join at any time and you have no control, you will get a lot of guild jumpers looking for profits on GBs or easy trades for goods. These people don't normally stay very long and can be disruptive but is the simplest to use as you don't need to worry about checking on applications/invites

Application - People apply to join the guild and then you have to accept them (you can still invite people)

Invitation - You have to invite people to join, but unless they've expressed an interest most people will ignore you

DeletedUser

I founded my own Guild when I first became eligible for Guilds, I'd had plenty of Invites but preferred to husband my resources for my benefit and not be drained by a big Guild. Sure there are advantages in going with an established Guild but I prefer to control my own Game. I went it alone for many months before others started joining. I had others apply to join me because I had made good progress and was very active in terms of Aid, Trade, Visits and Contribs.

If you open it to Auto, you will get GJs popping in simply to grab free Trades which is a pain in the proverbial and essentially robs your Guild of resources. I had the same 3 Players trying it on like that for a couple of weeks until I reset to Application and went Plundering to get back my Goods! Many of this sort of Player are serial offenders and, whilst it is a known and accepted tactic for gaining Goods and FPs, I have no time for the right royal pains in the rse that they truly are.
Sending out Invites did very little as I gained only one new Member but that's better than none so I left it set to Application then, having reached a point break in IGE reset to Invite only. When you reach certain levels of membership the strength of the opposition in IGE increases, sometimes quite dramatically, so it is worth remembering the fact.
I suggest you check both FL and Hood for free Players and Invite them, you've nothing to lose and you all have the opportunity to build the Guild from the ground up which is actually quite enjoyable but not smooth sailing, as you will soon discover when dealing with the mentalities of others, lol.
As you already have Guild experience and will no doubt have a bunch of GBs, go for the tiddlers and Noobs, you can invite from the World Player List directly so don't be shy, Hell you might even land a Whale who genuinely wants a change and is prepared to help. I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavours and hope you find it as rewarding and enjoyable as have I.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad23

Emperor
but not smooth sailing
be prepared for anything and everything my guild sufered from 2 exodes of players and still survived we are now around rank 30 on L...
some can do worst then steal half of your guild if you are not carefull and name wrong guy founder with you he can deleat your guild or kick you as founder then kick you from guild and take controle of your guild and all the hard work you'll have done to lvl it's lvl will be lost

Last edited:

DeletedUser117965

I founded my own Guild when I first became eligible for Guilds, I'd had plenty of Invites but preferred to husband my resources for my benefit and not be drained by a big Guild. Sure there are advantages in going with an established Guild but I prefer to control my own Game. I went it alone for many months before others started joining. I had others apply to join me because I had made good progress and was very active in terms of Aid, Trade, Visits and Contribs.

If you open it to Auto, you will get GJs popping in simply to grab free Trades which is a pain in the proverbial and essentially robs your Guild of resources. I had the same 3 Players trying it on like that for a couple of weeks until I reset to Application and went Plundering to get back my Goods! Many of this sort of Player are serial offenders and, whilst it is a known and accepted tactic for gaining Goods and FPs, I have no time for the right royal pains in the rse that they truly are.
Sending out Invites did very little as I gained only one new Member but that's better than none so I left it set to Application then, having reached a point break in IGE reset to Invite only. When you reach certain levels of membership the strength of the opposition in IGE increases, sometimes quite dramatically, so it is worth remembering the fact.
I suggest you check both FL and Hood for free Players and Invite them, you've nothing to lose and you all have the opportunity to build the Guild from the ground up which is actually quite enjoyable but not smooth sailing, as you will soon discover when dealing with the mentalities of others, lol.
As you already have Guild experience and will no doubt have a bunch of GBs, go for the tiddlers and Noobs, you can invite from the World Player List directly so don't be shy, Hell you might even land a Whale who genuinely wants a change and is prepared to help. I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavours and hope you find it as rewarding and enjoyable as have I.
First of all, thanks for answering.
But I have not understand some of it:
1. Don't understand the acronyms GJ, FL (I guess IGE means International guild expedition)
2. What exactly is the hood?
3. When you say they want easy trading, so you mean that I will help them and then they will leabe the guild? Because I don't have to accept their offers so how will I lose goods?
4. When you say inviting the noobs, do you mean I have to go to the end of the leaderboard and invite players of the iron age? I think their resources are very limited and that they can only take down the percentage in the international guild expedition.

DeletedUser117965

be prepared for everything my guild sufered from 2 exodes of players and still survived we are now around rank 30 on L...
some can do worst then steel half of your guild if you are not carefull and name wrong guy founder with you he can deleat your guild and all the hard work you'll have done to lvl it's lvl will be lost
I don't understand, how exactly my guild will be deleted?

First of all, thanks for answering.
But I have not understand some of it:
1. Don't understand the acronyms GJ, FL (I guess IGE means International guild expedition)
2. What exactly is the hood?
3. When you say they want easy trading, so you mean that I will help them and then they will leabe the guild? Because I don't have to accept their offers so how will I lose goods?
4. When you say inviting the noobs, do you mean I have to go to the end of the leaderboard and invite players of the iron age? I think their resources are very limited and that they can only take down the percentage in the international guild expedition.

GJ - Think he means Guild Jumpers
FL - Friends List
Hood - Your neighbourhood, changes every 2 weeks (sometimes delayed for events)
If people auto-join they can take any trades your guild has waiting for free, they then leave
New players (noobs) are less likely to be in a guild so may be looking to join one and help it grow.

Anyone with founder status can delete a guild so don't give it to anyone unless you really trust them

DeletedUser117965

there is an option for that you need to clic on global your guild administration then on disolve then guild is deleated
by hood he meant neighborhood
Uh, okay, I was thinking you mean that some guild member deleted the guild that you opened so I didn't understand.
Thanks

DeletedUser117965

GJ - Think he means Guild Jumpers
FL - Friends List
Hood - Your neighbourhood, changes every 2 weeks (sometimes delayed for events)
If people auto-join they can take any trades your guild has waiting for free, they then leave
New players (noobs) are less likely to be in a guild so may be looking to join one and help it grow.

Anyone with founder status can delete a guild so don't give it to anyone unless you really trust them
For the trading again - it means that if I make an offer which is guild only - he can take it instead of a loyal guild member. The problem is that the trading doesn't help the guild. Did I manage to get this right? Because I don't think that someone will join my guild for that because as of now I am the only member in my guild.

For the trading again - it means that if I make an offer which is guild only - he can take it instead of a loyal guild member. The problem is that the trading doesn't help the guild. Did I manage to get this right? Because I don't think that someone will join my guild for that because as for now I am the only member in my guild.
yes, that's exactly it.

Most jumpers are looking for cheap spots on GBs but they can also take any trades. It won't be a problem for now but if you get a few players and later era ones are helping newer ones this sort of thing gets in the way

DeletedUser117965

forgot to add...

some people join just before the start of GE and then leave once it's begun, you then have to cover the goods for them to open levels and each encounter is worth a slightly smaller %
Is there any reason to join in right before the expedition? I mean, it makes more sense to me that there are more trade offers after it starts.

Shad23

Emperor
Is there any reason to join in right before the expedition? I mean, it makes more sense to me that there are more trade offers after it starts.
for fun and mischief :D
lol some guilds send spys to do their eveil work just so if they go against you they know what you can do this is a complex game so you need to be wise about who you trust in game

Last edited: