• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Too many bullies

DeletedUser116188

You’re correct that doesn’t usually happen and I haven’t seen it actually occur during the current system for anything early or mid game. I have however talked to players that say they’ve got the resources to make it happen within the hood rotation but just don’t want to so they can do those ages for more then a couple days
One thing I have noticed is that in the past 3 hood rotations there are 2 constant players, 3 mill and 5 mill bigger than me who have hit me daily, everyday for past 5 weeks at exactly the same time every day. Statistically this would put the chance of these same players being in the same hood for 3 rotations at about a few million to one, but what is worrying is the fact that each attack takes place at exactly the same time every day. Yes I expect to get attacked and will win some and lose some but to know that someone is obviously using a cheat to attack and have it automated, shows there is an issue with the game. I am unsure if this should be posted elsewhere but if they are using cheats and hacks then thats just being a bully because you can but also because they know nothing will be done about it.

Emberguard

Legend
If you feel they are cheating the correct place is a support ticket so steps can be taken and data can be gathered towards a long term fix

DeletedUser

Markieboy, we have all read many times, the same complaints and the usual responses that you learn to collect on time. Sometimes this can prove impractical and it has happened to me that I have been hit during Collections, much to my dismay lol.
You can of course change your collection times by allowing Buildings to Sleep or even disconnect for a while and do shorter, timed runs. There are various methodologies one might employ.

I had one serial Plunder Monkey who hit everyone in the Hood on a daily basis, I found my own way to deal with them:
Day 1, I ignored the hit and Aided.
Day 2, I Aided and added 1 FP to each paying GB, just as a little hint.
Day 3, I Aided and added last FPs to 1 GB to Level it at a small loss to me.
Day 4, I Aided and Levelled 2 GBs, one of them at a healthy profit.
Day 5, I Aided and Levelled 3 GBs, including Arc and Obs all at a decent profit to myself; many FPs, Medals and BPs, tee hee.
The Plunderer started Aiding me after that, point made, lesson learned; I take countermeasures even if it costs me in the short-term.

Hit back Dude if it bothers you so much that you Post here to complain about it, you have nothing to lose and plenty to gain if you play it right. You'll feel all the better for it.

Emberguard

Legend
Plunder Monkey :lol: love it

Reminds me of someone I was having a conversation with ingame. Can’t remember what it was about initially but they were so proud that they got through my defences after I’d plundered them and was saying how much of a deterrent it is to plunderers if they know they can be hit back. That is until I pointed out I didn’t even notice I’d been attacked prior to the message :lol:

Glad your system of aiding + FP adding worked :blush: wouldn’t have changed anything for my city without discussion via message. Does make me curious though as to how many players it would work on

Certainly worth a try given there are players who aid via event history before plundering

Dragonhost

Private
Hi there, this may well have been covered before but ... there are over 200 previous messages so....
When I started playing FoE it was after finding an advert talking up the game as a city building game, not a fighting game (apparently the advertising varies country to country).
I've been playing a while now and even bought and spent some diamonds (as xmas and birthday treats) because I (mostly) like the game.
Now, as I said, I like the game (mostly) but one thing above all others bugs me. Players in the hood who are of a higher era can attack lower era cities (it may only be one era difference but that can be huge difference in firepower). If you fight in GvG you are unable to fight with higher era troops than the era you are in.
Why is it not possible to prevent higher era troops (say modern) attacking someone in their hood with lower era (eg progressive) troops. Even if you place the best defending army possible for your era, being attacked by someone from a higher era means that you will have no opportunity of retailiating on an equal and fair playing field. This seems a faulty piece of thinking on the game designers' parts. It strikes me that only a coward or bully deliberately attacks (and then plunders) a lower city era knowing that the ones being attacked can't hit back. If someone of the same era hits a hood member and that member chooses to retailiate via a revenge attack then all's fair if, and ONLY IF, they have a chance against the original attacker. Yes, use the boosts from the tavern or the potions but ONLY for equal level troops and THEN it's a game of skill and tactics rather than a case of using a bulldozer against a hammer. Using a city shield to protect against a higher era serial attacker/pillager only lasts so long and setting collection timers, etc, works best if you're in the same time zone. Thoughts?
As a post note, I've tried aiding, making friends, talking, etc, to serial attackers myself but it rarely works - a couple of times it did, but mostly it didn't. Anyone who goes on my friend list gets regular (pretty much daily) aid and tavern visits (plus trade opportunities) so it's not like they'd be wasting their time - they'd probably get a bigger bonus being a friend than an enemy.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
@Dragonhost the game changed the hood system so that it’ll try to put you into same era hoods.

That hood then stays for 2 weeks. Normally (baring specific circumstances) if there’s more then one age in a hood it’s because they aged up during those 2 weeks.

But yes that is a nice idea of having only current era troop battles for the neighbour being attacked. However if that were the case - it’d have to go both ways. Currently as it is players use the continent map story quest lines to obtain troops several ages above current age and place them in their defence.

Dragonhost

Private
@Emberguard - There's a particular player who is ... worrisome for a number of people who happens to have turned up several times in the last couple of shuffles and they are a level above myself and the other people that they attack on a daily basis. They've reappeared at the latest shuffle and they were definitely in the hood the time before the last as a discussion about them occurred at that point - they were a level above then too (the same now as they were then).
I could have moved up a level but I'm choosing to sit for a while whilst I upgrade GBs as I think they'll help in the long term. Plus, modern era looks like a pain in the posterior :)
Re defence armies being higher level - then maybe that might put off potential attackers as they have to rely on being REALLY good tacticians to be successful. However, when you attack (revenge or not) then same era troops only (ie, modern city attacking troops against modern era cities).

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
Ah. Sounds like you’re in the awkward position of having just the right amount of players leftover from full single age hoods to require putting the remainder in a joint-age hood

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your city? You don’t have to, I’d just like to see what it looks like as to what weaknesses we’re potentially dealing with

Dragonhost

Private
Ah. Sounds like you’re in the awkward position of having just the right amount of players leftover from full single age hoods to require putting the remainder in a joint-age hood

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your city? You don’t have to, I’d just like to see what it looks like as to what weaknesses we’re potentially dealing with
It's not a great screenshot but it's the best I can do. :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
That’s actually a reasonable city. Well done. I’m impressed

Few pointers
(1) you don’t need quite so much double lane roads. If your able to fit the double lane buildings next to one strip and eliminate the other strip you should be able to free up some space

(2) try to use the shortest end of a building as the end that touches the road. For example those lamp(?) factories? I’d likely place them like this:
BE02C45B-7F06-4B8B-B868-C5FE56768320.jpeg

(3) Alcatraz could be better placed. It’s taking up a lot of room by having it surrounded by roads. One of two options would be best suited for it. Either put it right at the edges of your city or surround it with smaller buildings.

Here’s an example on what I mean by surrounding a large building with small buildings:
image0.png

If you can improve the city layout with these things you should hopefully be able to fit in more stuff so when you’re plundered it’s not as big of a problem though of course it won’t stop plundering.

What production cycles are you currently using?

Emberguard

Legend
Can I change my screen name to Plunder Monkey?
If the names still available you could create a new account on a world you don’t currently have a city on. Though for the forums you’re only allowed one account so you’d need to request one of them to be deleted if you wanted the Plunder Monkey on the forums