• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: 2 Wave battle points

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasaltHead

Private
  • World: All
  • Browser and Version: Firefox
  • Overview of the bug: Have noticed, that the points received from the first battle is not the same as the wave modifier in the second battle. In fact the wave modifier on the second battle, simply doubles the points received from the second battle alone. I was expecting the points earned from the first battle would be carried forward and added to the points earned in the second battle, so that the total points you earn for defeating both battles is the sum of the two.
  • Screenshots:
  • index.php
See sample screenshots, first battle earned 81380 points. But the points shown in the second wave modifier is 29900 points, which is 26000+5200-1300, not 62400+12480-6500. The total points earned for defeating both armies is 59,800 points (not 111,280)
Ie it is based on the points earned in the second battle alone, with no credit for the first. In this example, the total points earned for winning both battles is LESS that the points you have earned in the first battle.
  • How often this occurs: All the time
  • Urgency: minor bug (non-game changing).
  • Preventative Actions: Unable to prevent
  • Summary:
  • The total points you earn for a 2 wave battle, is not the points from the first battle plus the points from the second battle. It is always only twice the second battle. If the 2nd battle has only a handful of troops, this can lead to the situation where you earn less points for 2 waves than for the first wave alone.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes, but the original reports were dismissed due to misunderstanding by moderator.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: N/A

I am resubmitting this report for the third time, as previously the moderators dismissed this as an intended feature of update 1.30, but actually this is not what the update says.

Update 1.30 says "You will not be awarded points if you ONLY defeat the first wave". (My emphasis on only). This is reasonable, I would not expect to earn anything if I defeat the first wave but fail to defeat the second wave.

Update 1.30 does not make any mention of the battle points you should earn if you defeat the first wave, AND the second wave.

My report is based on the fact that the total points earned is calculated as just twice the second wave points. This is not mentioned in Update 1.30 either.

As a separate comment. Two moderators have dismissed my previous reports and have not commented/responded on my response. This really is poor customer service, moderators should at least follow up responses in case of misunderstanding or mistakes, which is what I believe is happening in this case.

DeletedUser110195

So what you want is for there to be extra coding work done for absolutely zero gain. Even if they changed this so you gained the sum total of the points displayed from the first wave and the second wave, waves only happen in GE and GvG, so everyone always has the same chances for the same points, adding more only complicates things, because everyone will get the same increase.

DeletedUser96901

So what you want is for there to be extra coding work done for absolutely zero gain. Even if they changed this so you gained the sum total of the points displayed from the first wave and the second wave, waves only happen in GE and GvG, so everyone always has the same chances for the same points, adding more only complicates things, because everyone will get the same increase.
how much coding they had saved if the haven't given any points for battle :lol:

and everyone would get the same (zero)

btw you are wrong
not everybody would get the same points

and how often do you use your chance and get the points you could get
that would be zero damage taken ?

DeletedUser110195

how much coding they had saved if the haven't given any points for battle :lol:

and everyone would get the same (zero)

btw you are wrong
not everybody would get the same points

and how often do you use your chance and get the points you could get
that would be zero damage taken ?
The damage taken modifier? That's what you're using as a reason to do all this extra work to add the damage dealt modifier to the final total? Anyone who wins a GE 2-wave fight will have the same damage dealt total regardless of what's shaved off for damage taken. Pointless coding work done for very minimal gain, certainly not needed or enhancing the game to any significant degree. Though it would punish autobattlers so maybe they should do it. :lol:

Is this on GE or GvG? I've never seen anything like this on the app.
I will give it an upvote so long as it appears for app players as well, since it seems to be a better representation of the fighting, for little coding effort.

+1

DeletedUser110195

Is this on GE or GvG? I've never seen anything like this on the app.
I will give it an upvote so long as it appears for app players as well, since it seems to be a better representation of the fighting, for little coding effort.

+1
He's talking about the second waves in the 4th/8th/12th/16th fights of each level in GE and all of them in later stages of 2 and beyond. There's nothing different between the browser and app in regards to this.

DeletedUser108379

Two wave fights were introduced in the game in 2014 with the PME on the map of Continents. In the beginning, the points of both waves counted as points in a fight do normally, but, there was a bug, if someone aborted after the first wave, he got the points for the first waves and could do this over and over again, being able to accumulat as many points as time permit. To stop this, INNO decided to eleminate the points of the first wave completely, instead the points for the first wave counts double. I suppose that was an easy way to stop the expoit. At that time it was, I think, fairly fair, because the second wave did not differ so much from the first in points.

The problem is, INNO did no recoding when using fights with second wave in the GE. Now the way the points are calculated is highly unfair, very often two times the points from the second wave is less than the points one would get from winning the first wave alone.

So yes, I think, this should be changed.

DeletedUser108379

There are no second waves in GvG, but there are second wave on the map of Continents.
And as it is now, fighters get very little points for winning two wave fights, less than would be fair. And yes, this has effects, because not all are fighting.

We still can't collect ALL of our forge points from ALL buildings - It's capped once it goes over 100. Worst is that when it's at the capped point and you open a treasure box in GE and get the forge points - They are lost. This is a Real Bug to be Fixed!!!

DeletedUser110195

There are no second waves in GvG, but there are second wave on the map of Continents.
And as it is now, fighters get very little points for winning two wave fights, less than would be fair. And yes, this has effects, because not all are fighting.
I thought you had to fight each army placed by a guild in succession, though I'm guessing you get to go at each with a fresh army.
And at what point do second waves happen on the continent maps? I'm cutting through modern era and haven't seen one yet.

DeletedUser108379

I thought you had to fight each army placed by a guild in succession, though I'm guessing you get to go at each with a fresh army.
And at what point do second waves happen on the continent maps? I'm cutting through modern era and haven't seen one yet.

Second waves happen from PME onwards.

And in GvG you can change your army after each figth and each fight gives points also. GvG is longer in the play than two wave fights.

We still can't collect ALL of our forge points from ALL buildings - It's capped once it goes over 100. Worst is that when it's at the capped point and you open a treasure box in GE and get the forge points - They are lost. This is a Real Bug to be Fixed!!!
This has no connection to this bug and is probably not even a bug, though I agree it needs changing. If you post this up as a properly-formatted idea in the suggestions section, I will support it.

DeletedUser102241

+1 for correcting the calculation of 2 wave battle points.

The update 1.30 was intended to stop players from gaining battle points by only completing the first waive of battle and surrendering in the 2nd waive. This indeed needed to be fixed, but just doubling the points of the 2nd waive was a quick short cut and not a correct and real fix. The total points gained should be 1st wave points + 2nd wave points. That is what the player has actually accomplished and earned by defeating both waves!

DeletedUser102241

Suggestion to KDS552024.
I suppose since this is not technically a "bug" it should be posted in the Ideas section of the forum. If you post it there, I will certainly add my +1 :D

Amy Steele

General
Not a bug, for the reason given by Cardena above

Two wave fights were introduced in the game in 2014 with the PME on the map of Continents. In the beginning, the points of both waves counted as points in a fight do normally, but, there was a bug, if someone aborted after the first wave, he got the points for the first waves and could do this over and over again, being able to accumulat as many points as time permit. To stop this, INNO decided to eleminate the points of the first wave completely, instead the points for the first wave counts double. I suppose that was an easy way to stop the expoit. At that time it was, I think, fairly fair, because the second wave did not differ so much from the first in points.

As suggested by Stoag above, this belongs in the Ideas section :)

@Amy Steele I think you are being rather strict on what a bug is, given that it sounds like the software had a temporary/quick fix and the full and accurate fix was never coded:
... just doubling the points of the 2nd wave was a quick short cut and not a correct and real fix...
I understand that the software may conform to published upgrades but surely, it does not conform to internal specification (assuming there is such a thing).

DeletedUser96846

This is still around and obviously is a problem. As for "everybody" getting the same points-players who negotiate the GE and map get points proportionally to goods spent, and on the map it is quite a few goods. So more than likely they get more points than those that battle. Why reduce the points for the fighters even further?

Last edited by a moderator:

SnaigeLTU

Private
https://prnt.sc/qirtzt
All battles are from 2nd wave fights, why is so different? First wave was always 8 units and why I get more points when fighting only 1 wave battles? 2wave battles are harder.
For only 1st wave battles you always can get 144.000 points, for 2 waves sometimes even less than 1+2waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.